Looking for a car part, what other vehicle has the same exact interchangeable part? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2012, 02:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Looking for a car part, what other vehicle has the same exact interchangeable part?

--Wrote this on another Honda forum, thought it'd be helpful if I posted it here.
Here's a trick I've used to see if parts are interchangeable, it may not be 100% accurate because you never know until you try and modify a part yourself.

The first set of instructions are for OEM parts that are interchangeable between USDM Honda vehicles. The second set of instructions below are for aftermarket brand name parts that are interchangeable among Honda vehicles and other makes & models, if listed.

Here's the situation for example:
I'm low on cash, I can't afford to get that replacement radiator from the auto parts store, can I just pick and pull a part from another vehicle and use it in mine?

Here's how to see which OEM parts are used in other vehicles.
  1. The best site I found this first method for is Honda Parts at Honda Parts Now | Genuine OEM Honda Auto Parts
  2. Choose the model, year, trim, and transmission of the vehicle you're trying to source parts for. ex: Civic > 1999 > 4DR DX > KA5MT
  3. Navigate to the part you're in search for. ex: radiator and find the part # for it, here in this picture it's #1 "19010-P03-505"
  4. Copy the part # and use the search box at the top of the webpage
  5. Now the website will list other vehicles down to the year, trim and transmission that have that same part #.
  6. Go out, spend wisely and make sure the part you need is in good condition.

Here's how to see which aftermarket brand name parts are used in other vehicles, sometimes different makes too.

Here's the situation for example:
I need a new a/c idler pulley, what other vehicles have one that can fit mine?
  1. I use RockAuto.com for this method, and it only works with the updated part catalog style.
  2. Navigate to the vehicle. ex; Honda > 1999 > Civic > 1.6L L4 SOHC .
  3. I need to purchase a new A/C Idler Pulley. Belt Drive > Idler Pulley
  4. Click on the part # link (if available) and a pop-up will display other vehicles that have the similar part. Click on different brands/parts links, because different manufactures may list different vehicles interchangeability

5. Grab that part and repair the problem!
CO671 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2012, 05:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

slowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slowturbocx

Cool
Old 10-22-2012, 04:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Send a message via AIM to BomBoi

Thanks this will help greatly

Old 10-25-2012, 11:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 92CXyD is hot as a volcano92CXyD is hot as a volcano
92CXyD is hot as a volcano92CXyD is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Good info. reminds me or my retail auto parts days. Where I would comb catalogs looking specs and what I could use to upgrade whatever I want.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
ENMO.

An Emo car would cut its own tires and never get out of the garage.
92CXyD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2012, 08:27 AM   #5 (permalink)

Default Nice

WOW, thanks for the info, I found what I need.

Ralph
Turbulence is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in