DIY home alignment (camber/toe) - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2012, 08:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 8 XxTACTIKZxX is learning the way of the DXxTACTIKZxX is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Default DIY home alignment (camber/toe)

Though I would post here seems like a lot of people want to
Cheap out lol but my dad told me one day as well as his best friend who owns a tire/ mechanic shop told me just to do it the old school way since I had
A week till my next pay
Check and My alimgment was fucked up and i had no Cash so here's a quick break down.

Tools:
Tape measure 10" at least
At least a 2" level

Tools to lower car and add camber kit

1. Before you take apart the suspension if alimgment was good measure under the car rim to rim top bottom front and back (inner rim lip passenger to driver) Get a accurate distant of Them

Lower car add camber kit
Ect

3. Get a leveler place car on outer lip see how much camber you have then
Lift car back up adjust ( in or out depending it you want +, 0, puts peer car back on to ground. check level do it till you get it
Where you want it ( it takes time to
Do this because your not on a alignment lift to move the tires freely.)

Adjust toe to
What it was with measuring
Tape before you lowered it next day or so check measurements in case the suspension settled and moved a Lil bit.

Done you won't
Get it perfect like a machine I was .03 off on my toe when I took it in one month later and my camber was perfect 0 then I cambered back to -.3 and -.2 in the front.

Hope this helps with not killing tires till you get the funds to go get it aligned by a shop.

worked for me Dnt kill tires any more drone about a month like this before I did this man I car was pulling like crazy and you can
Really smell the rubber burnin from a jacked up toe angle.

Rep if you like I'm more than happy to
Share my knowledge

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by XxTACTIKZxX; 09-02-2012 at 08:59 PM.
XxTACTIKZxX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2012, 09:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Asshole

Rep Power: 53 Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Chrisfrom1986

Uhh, yeah ok.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chrisfrom1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2012, 09:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 8 XxTACTIKZxX is learning the way of the DXxTACTIKZxX is learning the way of the D

No one is stating its perfect but it does help if you need to ride for a week or so till money comes back in for a laser alignment you don't have to believe but their was a time cars were here and lasers alignment weren't even built yet. And my guess is people Dnt drive around with their cars all jacked up. Pulling all over the road again will I state THIS IS THE HELP OUT WITH NOT KILLING YOUR TIRES TILL YOU ARE ABLE TO GET TO THE SHOP AND IT BEATS THE HELL OUT OF A EYE BALL ALIGNMENT (TOE/ CAMBER) THAT MOST PEOPLE DO!

Last edited by XxTACTIKZxX; 09-02-2012 at 10:00 PM.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Asshole

Rep Power: 53 Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Chrisfrom1986

With my eyeball alignment I can let go of the steering wheel on the freeway and make a sandwich.

I cant even understand anything you typed.

Chrisfrom1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2012, 09:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Umm yeah ok

Old 09-02-2012, 09:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

this is good for a quick "rough" alignment, just to get you around for a couple days. The string and bucket method proves to be better than some laser machines on the market. However it is a pain in the ass.
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2012, 10:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 talonc1 smells like Borattalonc1 smells like Borattalonc1 smells like Borattalonc1 smells like Borattalonc1 smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

I got lost on the op myself.
talonc1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2012, 10:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

His method doesn't take in the account that the front and rear track might be different.

With most Honda's you'll therefore be toe'd out and wearing the inside edges of the tires.

Setting static camber is easy if you can do some math and have a framing square.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2012, 07:21 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 racer76j is almost a somebodyracer76j is almost a somebodyracer76j is almost a somebodyracer76j is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

it is written poorly,i got lost on the directions even though i have aligned many of my cars this way.LOL.
I was taught this method by my father when i was like 15 yr old.You didn't mention any thing in here about what to set your toe at.I set my at 1/4 out.Using a tape.

My wife seems to love to nail pot holes with her mini van.I have to do the tape measure method at least 3 times a yr on her puddle jumping caravan.
racer76j is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2012, 07:56 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

90dirtydsi It's a JDM Star Bitches....90dirtydsi It's a JDM Star Bitches....90dirtydsi It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

String and jackstands work best for me. Get the stand squared around the center of the hubs and then make sure the front and back of the tire are the same distance from the string.

RIP
90dirtydsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2012, 08:26 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 8 Sleeper Si  is accepted as part of the communitySleeper Si  is accepted as part of the communitySleeper Si  is accepted as part of the communitySleeper Si  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

and i thought my cheap ass wheel alignment was bad.
Sleeper Si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2012, 11:58 PM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

Would of been nice to add pictures.

And Hairy Tacos

DexGraphics is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2012, 12:13 AM   #13 (permalink)

Rep Power: 8 Hellifiknow will become famous soon enoughHellifiknow will become famous soon enoughHellifiknow will become famous soon enough

This would probably be a decent DIY if it was in any form of understandable English.

The Daily
2010 Subaru Forester XT sport
Hellifiknow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in