BBQ Bisi Replica - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2012, 11:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 03akkord5spd is learning the way of the D03akkord5spd is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Default BBQ Bisi Replica

So I've had my Bisi replica/Vteckidd header for about a month and it started to show uneven discoloration despite proper cleaning prior to startup. Not really a fan of the discoloration, I decided to pull a page out of the old hot rodder's book by using BBQ grill paint. It is extremely durable and usually lasts longer than actual header paints from rattle cans.

After taping off and cleaning with mineral spirits, I hit it with this - which is a semi-gloss finish. Good for 1200 degrees.

Finished dry product after 2 coats:

I'm extremely pleased with the results since it was spot on for what I was going for. Looks like a poor man's jet coat :P I'll keep this updated with how the paint holds up.

P.S.
Here's how much shaving you have to do on your EK A/C compressor bracket in order for this header to fit:

Last edited by 03akkord5spd; 08-22-2012 at 11:40 AM.
03akkord5spd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2012, 12:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....
iTrader Score: 47 reviews

I've used that stuff before, lasts pretty damn long. How long have you had that header, no cracked welds? Why did you cut the AC bracket instead of just taking it off?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ZCHONDACRX91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2012, 12:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 23 scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

a/c bracket is also the lower torque mount

How to hook up turbo coolant lines
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BUILD THREAD

Everyone has a little farmyard in them

scottdh20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2012, 01:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....
iTrader Score: 47 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdh20 View Post
a/c bracket is also the lower torque mount
Oh yeah forgot about that.

ZCHONDACRX91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2012, 02:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 03akkord5spd is learning the way of the D03akkord5spd is learning the way of the D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCHONDACRX91 View Post
How long have you had that header, no cracked welds? Why did you cut the AC bracket instead of just taking it off?
Installed for about a month with no cracks. Welds look great on it. It should be just fine considering it's a replica so it doesn't have Bisi's infamous crap welds. To boot, my eBay header I've ran for 5 years is just as solid as the day I got it. Nothing wrong with a reliable knock off

Left the a/c bracket on to keep that torque mount, as was mentioned.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

looks awsome!
jdm6243 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2012, 02:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

looks good, got pics on car?
black4dr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2012, 02:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 SOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagle

looks awesome, how much did you pay for the header when you first got it?

SOHCEj8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2012, 03:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

No pics on the car, yet. IIRC, I got the header over a year and a half ago off eBay for $330 shipped.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 15 Wischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcano
Wischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

Looking good man, I like the way that turned out!

Quote:
I mess with cars because it's more socially acceptable than a cocaine habit ... although the cocaine would probably be cheaper.
Wischmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2012, 01:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 jpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regular

I've used that paint on mufflers and brake drums. It holds up fairly well, but the finish turns more flat black over time.

jpciii is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2012, 02:02 PM   #12 (permalink)
凸(◕_◕)凸

Rep Power: 17 kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!
kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

Badass. How does it perform?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerD
Magic Johnson fucked bitches for years and thought he was a champ....
kingyeddi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2012, 02:16 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 8 XxTACTIKZxX is learning the way of the DXxTACTIKZxX is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Some one needs to BBQ bisi's ass haha flame suit

XxTACTIKZxX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2012, 04:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingyeddi View Post
Badass. How does it perform?
no clue. gonna be a while before i can get it tuned. until then i'm running my ebay header setup.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:53 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 hondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to hondalx97

my question is with cutting and shaving and you keep your ac compressor and use this type of header? looking at how it bends i don't think there is any way to keep PS

i like my cars like i like my women, with D's instead of B's

For all you HID needs let me know authorized reseller for sharphid and theretrofitsource!
shit blew up sale thread please helppp

PROJECTORS retofit service/supplies

hondalx97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2012, 07:57 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 hondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to hondalx97

is there any way to keep the ac compressor or is that a no no?

i like my cars like i like my women, with D's instead of B's

For all you HID needs let me know authorized reseller for sharphid and theretrofitsource!
shit blew up sale thread please helppp

PROJECTORS retofit service/supplies

hondalx97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2012, 05:19 AM   #17 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

No. Not at all.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2012, 11:34 AM   #18 (permalink)
yellow bar for me

lsturbohatch10 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to lsturbohatch10

i had a vtec kidd rmf narrow replica and it lasted me for 8 months with no issues. i sold the motor 6 months ago, and the guy is still using it today with no cracks or issues. paid 350 for mine and recieved it within 2 days.\\

that bbq paint looks really good. i may try that at some point

active REP WHORE. you rep me i rep you back, on a mission to 3000 rep points

Quote:
but thats what d-series is all about. cheap affordable performance.
lsturbohatch10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2012, 12:31 PM   #19 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Looks really good, I'll be having to do this to my chrome ebay exhaust for the rex.

<-----#1 chrome hater

2005 Civic EX Sedan (ES2)

You will be missed but not forgotten.

Quote:
I actually jerk off to my rep points, neg rep makes me thumb my bung, what now brown cow? I finished twice.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2012, 07:38 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

SpoonfedCivic is hot as a volcanoSpoonfedCivic is hot as a volcanoSpoonfedCivic is hot as a volcanoSpoonfedCivic is hot as a volcanoSpoonfedCivic is hot as a volcanoSpoonfedCivic is hot as a volcanoSpoonfedCivic is hot as a volcanoSpoonfedCivic is hot as a volcanoSpoonfedCivic is hot as a volcanoSpoonfedCivic is hot as a volcanoSpoonfedCivic is hot as a volcanoSpoonfedCivic is hot as a volcanoSpoonfedCivic is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

I agree I'm suprised at how well it looks! I also have the same header, and might have to coat mine before final install. Thanks for sharing with us!

1993 Honda Civic del Sol S [Project]
1996 Honda Civic CX Hatch [Near stock DD]

Pat Primmer R.I.P.
SpoonfedCivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in