DIY headlight wire tuck on ek. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2012, 12:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 19 civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 18 reviews
Default DIY headlight wire tuck on ek.

okay so this is my first write up of any sort.

basically i did a slight wire tuck on my 97 hatch. i did not tuck any hoses or wires on the actual engine harness. i will be doing a harness tuck when i swap to a y8 and i may do a write up of it when i do that.

i didnt tuck the battery or fuse box and i wont be tucking them.

as you should know some cables will need to be extended and some will need to be shortened on the right side i only had to extend one cable on the right i had to extend a lot and shorten a few as well.

so before any tucking was done.

so you will need to take your fender off and to do so you will have to take off your side skirt molding.

i took my battery all the way out to run the cables like i did. also take the fuse box bolts out so the box can move a little bit.

then youll wanna pop this little guy out.

and you can either make the hole bigger or cut your wires and reconnect through the hole. i was gonna make the hole bigger but decided to cut the wires.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by civicdxude; 07-25-2012 at 10:04 AM.
civicdxude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2012, 12:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 19 civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!

you will want to pull out your headlight.
pull your cables all out and i ran them like this.

i ran the rad fan cable down the shroud and under the rad.

should be nice and clean like this when finished.

now for the left side.

Old 07-24-2012, 12:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

so again take off the fenders and crap.

disconnect the plugs and start pulling.
i relocated the hood cable also. this is the only before pictures i have.

after

my phone was dieing so i didnt get a whole lot of pictures of this side. go ahead and run the cable the same way you did the right side make it go under the headlight.

now take off the cowl and unplug the windshield wiper motor. i couldnt fit it thought the hole above the break booster to i just cut it off.
there should be a hole right behind were it plugs into so it can come out behind the fender.

now pull all the cables back though the firewall.

Old 07-24-2012, 12:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

there should be a hole to the left of were you pulled them through. you will have to take the kick panel cover off.
the hole may have one of those black plug guys in it.
i cut the hole a bit so i could fit most of the plugs through it.

this guy wouldnt fit though it.

and since i wasnt doing the engine harness i ran it up past the wiper motor and out the hole above the break booster so i could plug it into the harness. this will probably end up getting moved once i do the engine harness.

you will also want to run the cables for the break fluid sensor thing though the same spot.

and here is the end product for the left side.

for some trouble shooting

start by double checking your grounds. if you dont have a good ground your gonna have a bad time.

double check any plugs and make sure they are all plugged in.

make sure all your connectors make a good connection.

Old 07-24-2012, 12:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 8 Sleeper Si  is accepted as part of the communitySleeper Si  is accepted as part of the communitySleeper Si  is accepted as part of the communitySleeper Si  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

my eyes
it won't be an easy find to troubleshoot an electrical problem.
Sleeper Si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2012, 01:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

man ur radiator slays all the bugs
Old 07-25-2012, 10:09 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper Si View Post
my eyes
it won't be an easy find to troubleshoot an electrical problem.
no it wont. so do it right the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8killaz View Post
man ur radiator slays all the bugs
yes here in sw MO the grass hoppers are taking over.
and apparently my radiator thinks my engine would be cooler if it eats the bugs.

good news fixed the pics!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in