DIY 92-95 grant steering wheel and mount kit - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2012, 05:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Default DIY 92-95 grant steering wheel and mount kit

I couldnt find a diy for a grant kit, so I took a few pics when Iinstalled mine.

All Honda's / Acura's use grant mount kit part# 3595, except preludes with 4 wheel steering.

steering wheel with no airbag.

remove three phillips screws on the bottom of the steering columb, heres one

unclip the top half from the bottom half of the steering columb

remove the three phillips screws on the back of the wheel, holding the front piece on. this tool is handy, as it is hard to get anythign else back there.

once you have those off, you can unbolt the 19mm nut.

you may need a steering wheel puller, but mine came off with no effort, at all.

unbolt the five allan bolts from the new grant steering wheel so you have easier access to pull the horn wire from the hub through the mount kit.

the 3 bolts from the mount to the hub are 11mm.

arrow on the mount says top A and top B for my car I used Top A.

use the smaller of the two black metal covers. and the bronze colored metal has to touch the brass piece of metal sticking out for the horn to work. i couldnt get my hub back far enough, even torqued all the way back.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

40MPGd15b7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2012, 05:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

bend this peice of metal out so it is in contact with the back of the mount kit like so.

forgot to take a picture of the center piece for the horn button, there are two connections for the horn wire, the outside one makes the horn stay on all the time, use the one in the center. and make sure the brass wire is pulled out when you put it back in, this is what makes contact toe the ground on the steering wheel for the horn.

all done

40MPGd15b7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2012, 08:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

nice write up..
yamo407 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in