DIY crank pulley/flywheel/bitchpin removal - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2012, 01:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 42 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 143 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sleepingciv Send a message via MSN to sleepingciv Send a message via Yahoo to sleepingciv
Default DIY crank pulley/flywheel/bitchpin removal

Dont mind the shady set up below lol. Its a B block with D flywheel/pulley just sitting next to the block lol

Next if you dont like how i do things I dont really wanna hear it. So just keep your thoughts to your self and move to the next thread.

First flywheel

With the clutch and pressure plate removed. Place large vice grips on the flywheel. Note the way they are on the flywheel angle and everything. Make sure there nice and tight so they dont slip.

next using a 12 point 17mm socket as seen with my homemade one lol. Use a breaker bar or cheater bar. While using a pulling up motion. use a knee or foot of the motor moves on ya.

Wont take much to break these loose with cheater/breaker bar

------------------------------------------------------------------

next the crank pulley this can not be dont in the car unless the trans is out of the car.

Place the vice grips shown like above but place in the back of the motor with notice to angle of them in the pic.

Now with my sweet made socket set up and my cheater bar. with a pushing down motion break the pulley bolt loose.

Note: Dont loose the keyway when removing the pulley

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the famous bitch pin removal. i figured this out years ago and have used the exact same bolt ever since.

This is a bolt that holds the a/c compressor (there are 4 bolts like this) to the a/c mounting plate. Can be gotten from junk yard if ya dont have one

use a hammer and just punch the pin out.
easy cheesey

This is a video click the pic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sleepingciv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2012, 01:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 30 BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BigJnWorldWide Send a message via Yahoo to BigJnWorldWide

You are a genious! Bookmarked for when I get to this step.
On top of that you have a special knowledge, an understanding of the complexity of the things happening. Others see you turn the wheel and push down on the gas, not you. You see a symphony of combustion and physics. You see a balance between frictional coefficients, tire roll over, spring rates, and throttle. It's a beautiful thing to see all these components working in harmony, it's literally a ballet of force and mathematics!
BigJnWorldWide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2012, 01:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

ForeverDeath It's a JDM Star Bitches....ForeverDeath It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJnWorldWide View Post
You are a genious! Bookmarked for when I get to this step.
damn i feel like an idiot now.
Quote:
TRANSZEX:"I'm having fun on MY budget"
ForeverDeath is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2012, 01:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 30 BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BigJnWorldWide Send a message via Yahoo to BigJnWorldWide

I feel like an idiot for misspelling genius. And then you went and quoted it so it will forever be known to all...
On top of that you have a special knowledge, an understanding of the complexity of the things happening. Others see you turn the wheel and push down on the gas, not you. You see a symphony of combustion and physics. You see a balance between frictional coefficients, tire roll over, spring rates, and throttle. It's a beautiful thing to see all these components working in harmony, it's literally a ballet of force and mathematics!
BigJnWorldWide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2012, 08:05 AM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 8 Bprado1982  is accepted as part of the communityBprado1982  is accepted as part of the communityBprado1982  is accepted as part of the communityBprado1982  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Nice! Will be keeping this one LOL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It's not who was the fastest it's who had the most fun along the way

Respect the power of the D
EH9 D16Z6 USDM 4-door EX
Short ram intake
Drop springs on KYB GR2s
Remved non working ABS now using integra non ABS 4 wheel prop valve setup
Cross drilled and slotted 4 wheel disc
Short throw shifter
header 2.5 exhaust with twin loop muffler
I want the full ferio/gathers interior.
Bprado1982 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2012, 08:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 35 Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

Other option in stopping flywheel.

"I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive."

R.I.P - Pat Primmer

Quote:
Beat them, cheat on them, treat them like shit and you'll get a hot woman that won't ever leave you. Women are a stupid breed that don't use fucking sense.
Black91CRXsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2012, 09:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

ForeverDeath It's a JDM Star Bitches....ForeverDeath It's a JDM Star Bitches....

that exactly how i slay the bitch pin that bolt is like a perfect fit idr where got it tho its off an ed...?
Quote:
TRANSZEX:"I'm having fun on MY budget"

Last edited by ForeverDeath; 06-14-2012 at 09:08 AM.
ForeverDeath is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2012, 09:57 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

in times of despiration when the motor is out. i.ve taken the sump off and placed a bar through the girdle... turn the crank until rod hits the bar... then the motor wont budge.
jj05y is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2012, 01:21 PM   #9 (permalink)

ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....
iTrader Score: 47 reviews

Should also be noted that the bitch pin is easier to get out from the top. I think it's slightly tapered or something, because if I try to pop it out from below it just won't budge, but if I do it from the top it comes right out.

ZCHONDACRX91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2012, 03:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCHONDACRX91 View Post
Should also be noted that the bitch pin is easier to get out from the top. I think it's slightly tapered or something, because if I try to pop it out from below it just won't budge, but if I do it from the top it comes right out.

ya man a few long extensions and a 1/4" bit on the end!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2012, 02:30 PM   #11 (permalink)

Rep Power: 16 TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!

I don't see the trouble with the linkage pin.
I get under there with my punch and tap it lightly with a hammer and its out. Ive done it in the car several times.
TheToaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2012, 03:55 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 8 Sleeper Si  is accepted as part of the communitySleeper Si  is accepted as part of the communitySleeper Si  is accepted as part of the communitySleeper Si  is accepted as part of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black91CRXsi View Post
Other option in stopping flywheel.

i use a plate with two holes instead of the combination wrench.
Sleeper Si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2012, 06:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 11 4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to 4D2Envy

I thankfully *knock on wood* Have NEVER had a bitch pin seized in the linkage. I use the same bolt lol, It's painted orange and sits in the top of my toolbox along with my other "tools".

I also have used a combination wrench to hold the flywheel in place lol but the vise grips are another route I guess. Good thread!!!

"My Car Isn't Leaking Oil, It's Sweating Horsepower!"
4D2Envy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2012, 06:54 PM   #14 (permalink)
n00b

two bolts is easier.

a 12mm bolt from the ac compressor has just the right taper to knock out the bitch pin easily
OraleHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2012, 12:12 PM   #15 (permalink)
n00b

i might pull the tranny out of my car just for this
JWilde16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2012, 01:48 PM   #16 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

OraleHolmes ftw
but me i just use a impact
Old 06-18-2012, 01:49 PM   #17 (permalink)

JosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 43 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JosA

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8killaz View Post
OraleHolmes ftw
but me i just use a impact
x2.

Is that a 12mm bolt?

<---

<--- For sick a$$ bolts!
JosA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2012, 07:19 PM   #18 (permalink)
n00b

well

Thanks for your post.
Erdmann12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2012, 07:30 PM   #19 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosA View Post
x2.

Is that a 12mm bolt?
those are tranny bolts. The long 12mm bolts that hold the ac compressor to the ac block bracket work well to knock out the bitch pin.
OraleHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in