DIY radiator change 97-2001 Civic - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2012, 05:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 8 XxTACTIKZxX is learning the way of the DXxTACTIKZxX is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Default DIY radiator change 97-2001 Civic

Sorry for the post as im limited to post 8pic at at time.

her' my quick install of a 97-2000 radiator though id share i know its a easy job but people who have never done any thing like this, it might be helpfull for. Here we go

YOU ALL WAYS WANT TO START WITH A COLD ENGINE YOU DO NOT WANT TO GET SCHOLED BY HOT FLUID.

here is the tools your going to need
1 10mm socket/ rachet or a wrench will bork but pefer socket
1 set of channel locks
1 extension for the rachet
1 bucket to chatch the fluid
1 radiator
1 new anti freeze

start by removing your air box if its stock. I really helps out and saves time insted of saying oh i can get my wrench in their and do 1/4 turns but if its removed you can do full turns i use to be the 1/4 turn guy when i was a kid lol not any more.

you can now drain your radiator their is a little plug on the bottom of it set your bucket under the center of the radiator and take off the radiator cap so the fluid drains fast
if you look on the bottom of my new radiator inbetween the two bolt holes thats the drain

After the drain and the air box is removed from your car not you can tak the 10mm rachet and start removing the radiator support bracket its just one bolt, its the bracket thats holding the radiator to the radiator support. take that off set it to the side.

now that the radiator is free the most simple way to get it out is by leaving the hose on the radiator an disconnecting the hose's from the block/ head. also if the hoses are kinda stuck on us your channel locks dont apply to tight but just enough to break the hose free then they should slide right off.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
XxTACTIKZxX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2012, 05:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 8 XxTACTIKZxX is learning the way of the DXxTACTIKZxX is learning the way of the D

also before you try to rip the radiator out of the car dont for get to disconnect your fan sensor.

now you should be at this step, pulling it out lol

now that the radiator is out the car with the fan disconnected use your 10mm socket to take off the fan

this is a good time to inspect the hoses as well as the fan you might also want to sit the radiators side by side to make sure their the same product and you did not receive the wrong one.

now its time to bolt the fan on your new radiator also make sure you dont loose the bushings that hold the radiator in place on the bottom. at this point you can reverse all steps then add your coolant. you also want to let the car fully warm up so the fluid can cycle then cap it off again hopes this helps some one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by XxTACTIKZxX; 05-14-2012 at 05:40 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

this was the reason for my upgrade it blew and privious owner tried to seal the car never ran hot because it was wenter but now its summer its a different world out their for cars.

since im building my engine i wanted to play with some colors lol so i painted a few thing to see how they look not saying im going to keep it but yeah heres a looksie

cleaning before paint

painted

thanks for looking guys

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in