Skunk 2 Black series IM "look" - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2012, 05:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 BlackandWhiteRacing is trying to make new friends
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Skunk 2 Black series IM "look"

Hey guys,

I had a special request from a customer for a slick little build.

Stock plain rebuilt d15b7. Nothing fancy as fair as performance but he wants the head block tranny and IM painted black.

So i had a spare LS IM to practice with!

This was already prepped and cleaned. It was glass beaded and them run through the parts washer then ran through steam cleaner.

I prepped it for paint by taping off all the vacuum ports and all the surfaces where the bolts go.

I then sprayed it with high temp primer, 3 full coats and let it sit out in the sun for 2 hours.

I then sprayed it with low gloss black high temp paint 3 full coats and let it sit in the sun for the rest of the day.

Here is one pic, I will post up more detailed ones tomorrow!

Thanks guys,

Austin Webb
BlackandWhiteRacing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2012, 05:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 12 90civicfl smells like Borat90civicfl smells like Borat90civicfl smells like Borat90civicfl smells like Borat90civicfl smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

I would have taped off the injector ports as well. Don't want them leaking/paint falling in.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

4th Gen for life!

Last edited by 90civicfl; 04-09-2012 at 07:39 PM.
90civicfl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2012, 05:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Why are you "IBTL"?

Did I do something wrong?

I read the sub forum rules, thought this particular customers request was cool so I tried it and it turned out well. So... I thought I would share...

Old 04-10-2012, 03:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Looks pretty good for a rattle can.

the fuel rail bosses look like they were taped off, but injector pad area was painted..

EDIT:Usually DIY means you show someone how to do it..

pictures and instructions.. So i can see the IBTL thing.
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Esotericimage; 04-10-2012 at 03:53 AM.
Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2012, 04:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
VEM
n00b

Iv been wanting too do this
Old 04-10-2012, 05:25 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 11 4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to 4D2Envy

Looks good! But yes those injector holes should have been taped off. I'm not a huge fan of the S2 black stuff since I love the look of nice clean aluminum but this looks like it turned out nice!

"My Car Isn't Leaking Oil, It's Sweating Horsepower!"
4D2Envy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2012, 07:31 AM   #7 (permalink)
\/ apply baby lotion here \/

Rep Power: 46 Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 136 reviews

intake manifolds like it when you sit them on del sol trunks so they can scratch it

Pata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2012, 08:32 AM   #8 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

slowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slowturbocx

Looks good. I painted my z6 intake using regular car paint. It looked fantastic.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:12 AM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

I will post up more pics as soon as I can. Like I said this was a practice unit due to a crack in one of the intake runners.

I will be doing the intake, head, block and a few components here is a few days. I will do a step by step on those!

Sorry I jumped the gun because it turned out so well.

The del sol is getting painted at the end of this week and the trunk need the wing holes filled in and grinded down...no biggie!
Old 04-10-2012, 11:36 AM   #10 (permalink)

Rep Power: 8 snoboa13 is learning the way of the Dsnoboa13 is learning the way of the D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pata View Post
intake manifolds like it when you sit them on del sol trunks so they can scratch it
Haha nice

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.com App
Old 04-26-2012, 07:15 PM   #11 (permalink)

not too shabby
drnknbud2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2012, 10:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 12 Faztec1 will become famous soon enoughFaztec1 will become famous soon enoughFaztec1 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

I kinda like it,well done.
Faztec1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2012, 06:12 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

jeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pata View Post
Delsol trunk lids were made to put shit on.

I wanna build a luggage rack...

1995 Delcamino D15Beater7
Synchrotech EX trans / LSD clutch
Ebay Header/Hackpro Custom 2" Exhaust
Nitrous Express Wet Kit
Hackpro Custom one-off tow hitch.

Quote:
You win at everything forever!
jeremy85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2012, 09:57 AM   #14 (permalink)

Rep Power: 19 d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!
d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

No! They dent super easy.
d-serious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2012, 01:28 PM   #15 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 23 scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Just take the trunk lid off and make a del-camino

How to hook up turbo coolant lines

BUILD THREAD

Everyone has a little farmyard in them

scottdh20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2012, 02:57 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdh20 View Post
lolz.

89s1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2012, 05:28 PM   #17 (permalink)

Rep Power: 20 the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdh20 View Post
I Lol'ed so hard at this. Wanna see it done.

92 teg ( new project)
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys with d series motors under the hood.

R.I.P Pat PRIMMER! You will be missed.

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
the hoove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2012, 05:29 PM   #18 (permalink)

Rep Power: 20 the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!

You must spread rep before giving it to scottdh20 again. Fml!

92 teg ( new project)
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys with d series motors under the hood.

R.I.P Pat PRIMMER! You will be missed.

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
the hoove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2012, 05:37 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 18 Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!
Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

I love all your Del Sol trunk lid pics, man.

If you need a part, hit me up. I'm willing to help out the remaining D-Series soldiers on the cheap.

Nasty_Canasta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2012, 02:39 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 18 Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!
Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Intake mani looks good...
My only problem with black engine parts (blocks, heads, manifolds) is that when a leak
appears, it's much harder to detect where it's coming from. The intake mani not so much..

I keep my stuff like that lighter colors. bare aluminum, painted silver/aluminum color or lighter colors like red, yellow, whatever. As some of you know, I keep my bay so clean
that I can pinpoint the location of a leak in seconds.

If you need a part, hit me up. I'm willing to help out the remaining D-Series soldiers on the cheap.

Nasty_Canasta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in