$8 fitv adjuster tool - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2012, 09:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
VTEC withdrawals

Rep Power: 12 spoonsol is approaching greatnessspoonsol is approaching greatnessspoonsol is approaching greatnessspoonsol is approaching greatnessspoonsol is approaching greatnessspoonsol is approaching greatnessspoonsol is approaching greatnessspoonsol is approaching greatnessspoonsol is approaching greatnessspoonsol is approaching greatnessspoonsol is approaching greatnessspoonsol is approaching greatnessspoonsol is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to spoonsol
Default $8 fitv adjuster tool

I noticed ive always had a problem breaking the plastic adjuster for the fitv when using a screwdriver and a hammer. so i made a tool thats perfect and heres how you can make one too!

tools needed:

Grinder or some sort.
i used a bench grinder but a dremel or hack-saw could do it.

objects required:
thick putty knife that wont bend. i picked up one from lowes for under $8. you want to be 100% sure it wont bend or twist under load. here is the one i got and its hella strong. this particular blades handle is also solvent resistant so you wont have to worry about getting into auto fluids on it.

Shop Warner 1-1/4" Putty Knife Scraper at Lowes.com

you are going to want to cut it down to 1 inch wide. you only need to remove and inch for about 2 inches of the blade.

once cut down this will fit perfectly into the adjuster nut and deep into the housing. i painted mine with "rust reformer" to give it a nice flat black finish and prevent corrosion.

it should look like this when done.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
spoonsol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2012, 10:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....
iTrader Score: 47 reviews

FITV, fast idle thermo valve? How do you adjust it, never thought you could?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ZCHONDACRX91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2012, 11:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

K2e2vin It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to K2e2vin

That big white thing turns like a screw.
1992 Honda Accord LX coupe

K2e2vin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2012, 11:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 21 robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

yes
robscrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2012, 01:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Just always used a flat head.
And for this to be a true diy you gotta post pix of your adjusting it lol.

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2012, 02:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Pew Pew!

Rep Power: 23 Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 50 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sammo115

Nice Kcup machine. Ive always wanted one.
Sammo115 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2012, 04:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

hotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 30 reviews

You got a beer koosie from Kia?

Quote:
Take it from somebody who has actually done it more then once and not read about it on the internet......
hotrodj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2012, 05:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 15 Wischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcano
Wischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by xile6 View Post
Just always used a flat head.
x2

And you don't smash on it with a hammer and screwdriver OP, gentle taps will "break" it loose lol.

Quote:
I mess with cars because it's more socially acceptable than a cocaine habit ... although the cocaine would probably be cheaper.
Wischmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2012, 06:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
\/ apply baby lotion here \/

Rep Power: 46 Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 136 reviews

WTF?! Dishwasher?
If my wife asks me to buy her a dishwashing machine, I'll slap the taste out her face y0!

Pata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2012, 07:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
VTEC withdrawals

Rep Power: 12 spoonsol is approaching greatnessspoonsol is approaching greatnessspoonsol is approaching greatnessspoonsol is approaching greatnessspoonsol is approaching greatnessspoonsol is approaching greatnessspoonsol is approaching greatnessspoonsol is approaching greatnessspoonsol is approaching greatnessspoonsol is approaching greatnessspoonsol is approaching greatnessspoonsol is approaching greatnessspoonsol is approaching greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo115 View Post
Nice Kcup machine. Ive always wanted one.
mom got as part of her christmas. its the best one they make. i think its like a b70 or something. i just know its the best lol. and get one...they make oatmeal/grits/hot cider like a boss. the coffee apparently comes out cheaper too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodj View Post
You got a beer koosie from Kia?
yeah the rents picked up a 08 sorento back when it was new. thing kicks ass. the 4x4 system is great. only thing ive had to work on was the brake switch went out like a month ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wischmaster View Post
x2

And you don't smash on it with a hammer and screwdriver OP, gentle taps will "break" it loose lol.
im american so i force it if it isnt working lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pata View Post
WTF?! Dishwasher?
If my wife asks me to buy her a dishwashing machine, I'll slap the taste out her face y0!
ahahah this place didnt even come with one so thats technically not supposed to be there

Old 03-16-2012, 10:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

stubby screwdriver, just twist the plunger.

$1

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2012, 07:52 AM   #12 (permalink)
VTEC withdrawals

ive always had issues with mine getting stuck so thats why this was made

Old 03-17-2012, 08:15 AM   #13 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

IIRC as well the little screws that hold the cover on are 7mm. I learned to do then blindly on car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2012, 07:39 PM   #14 (permalink)
VTEC withdrawals

8mm. and i have yet to try it with the thing still on the car

Old 03-27-2012, 07:53 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 EJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EJ6Civic27

I used to adjust that thing in the dark...with it on the motor still. After the first 3 times, I didnt even need to see what I was doing...but yea, I just always used a flatheat screwdriver...

a6 Cam/z6 intake manifold/full header back exhaust
Spider RPM tune/3500rpm launch/7200 fuel cut/NGK AFX Wideband

EJ6Civic27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2012, 11:18 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Flathead worked for me.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2012, 11:26 AM   #17 (permalink)
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER

Rep Power: 24 guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 46 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
stubby screwdriver, just twist the plunger.

$1
yeah, that's what I used on mine.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in