Truck bed liner in trunk - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2012, 06:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 8 95CivicDOHC is starting to learn the ropes95CivicDOHC is starting to learn the ropes95CivicDOHC is starting to learn the ropes95CivicDOHC is starting to learn the ropes95CivicDOHC is starting to learn the ropes95CivicDOHC is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Lightbulb Truck bed liner in trunk

I wasn't gonna do a DIY but someone asked for pics and so I decided to go ahead and make a short DIY.

First think I did was remove all carpet from the trunk (pretty easy to figure out)

Then I cleaned the metal with degreaser and a scrub brush and then shop-vaced it all real good.

Next I masked everything off I didnt want the liner on... Wiring, etc. I removed the tail lights and masked the openings from the out side.

They make a liner you roll on and a spray. I picked the spray. Made by rustoleum. It textures as it sprays. At the local Autozone it was about 8 dollars a can. As of now its only about half painted. I was gonna paint half the trunk at a time and put 3 layers of spray down. I used one car doing 3 layers on about half the trunk so you will need 2 cans.

This is the best pic i could get of what was sprayed with the current lighting conditions. I will post more when I get it completely sprayed and tape taken off and can post better pics.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

95CivicDOHC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2012, 06:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 D16EG8 is starting to learn the ropesD16EG8 is starting to learn the ropesD16EG8 is starting to learn the ropesD16EG8 is starting to learn the ropesD16EG8 is starting to learn the ropesD16EG8 is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

A friend of mine gutted all of his interior in his hatch and sprayed it. Looks good

Its coolant.
D16EG8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2012, 06:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
Poop Sock

wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wizard's blood

ya i did that to every inch of my crx inside. less road noise, easy to clean, blocks out the heat better.

Old 02-25-2012, 09:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 xylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcano
xylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 26 reviews

Nice, I was originally just gonna do my floor pans with this for easy cleaning, but I might do the whole interior now.

crx hf racecar build:

Base by: Coolder

'93 Del Sol Si D16Z6
Stolen twice, recovered twice, sold once

'88 CRX hf D16Z6
build in progress
xylocramer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2012, 09:29 AM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 10 blackd16hatch will become famous soon enoughblackd16hatch will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard's blood View Post
ya i did that to every inch of my crx inside. less road noise, easy to clean, blocks out the heat better.
did you ever have a problem with your liner chipping and flaking off? knew a guy that did it , maybe thin, maybe didnt clean surface areas, in his jeep and it flaked off alot..he might not have done it right though, or coulda been from throwing stuff tools and what not around in there...
and good job with trunk man, looks clean, you going to do top coat prtotective clear coat or anything?
blackd16hatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2012, 09:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 nicbo will become famous soon enoughnicbo will become famous soon enoughnicbo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackd16hatch View Post
did you ever have a problem with your liner chipping and flaking off? knew a guy that did it , maybe thin, maybe didnt clean surface areas, in his jeep and it flaked off alot..he might not have done it right though, or coulda been from throwing stuff tools and what not around in there...
and good job with trunk man, looks clean, you going to do top coat prtotective clear coat or anything?
Yeah when you do it you definitely want to clean and hit it with a light sanding or with steel wool...just did that to the inside of my jeep and its awesome
nicbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2012, 09:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 8 95CivicDOHC is starting to learn the ropes95CivicDOHC is starting to learn the ropes95CivicDOHC is starting to learn the ropes95CivicDOHC is starting to learn the ropes95CivicDOHC is starting to learn the ropes95CivicDOHC is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

I dont think so. Im puttin 3 good coats on it and letting it cure per instructions. I think itll be fine. If not oh well ill just touch it up

Sent from my MB855 using AutoGuide.com App

95CivicDOHC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-29-2012, 11:40 PM   #8 (permalink)

use under the car too! extra sound deadening
NARFALICIOUS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in