ED/EF Running lights/turn signals - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2012, 04:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 18 snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!
snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Default ED/EF Running lights/turn signals

i made my front turn signals into running lights and turn signals! it was easy to do and looks alot better!

need a 3wire eg corner light socket with a few inches of wire left on it
a few butt connectors and 2ft extra wire
two 1157 bulbs

pull your stock front turn signal lights out.. you will see you have a two wire socket.. cut that off

now take your three wire connector and hook up the two wires green to green black to black like how it was stock.. green is the blinker wire.. now hook up the red wire and run it up to the corner light.. here your gonna splice into the red power wire.. and thats it

Black Wire- ground
Green Wire- Blinker
Red Wire- Running light/side light

Last edited by snailslow; 03-11-2015 at 07:16 PM.
snailslow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2012, 05:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

Not bad! looks pretty cool.

maybe should have did a write up and put it in the DIY section instead though. lol
ejtoonice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2012, 05:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 14 19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano
19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

^ Agreed. Otherwise its a cool story bro type of deal lol. Think this would work with my setup? Sidemarkers on with running lights and alternate blink with blinkers?
1991 Honda Civic Hatchback Si
1998 Honda Civic Sedan EX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

19si91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2012, 07:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 18 snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!
snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!snailslow is the fucking MAN!!!!

i can do a write up with pics tmro.. all you need is the eg corner lights socket with the 3 wires
snailslow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2012, 07:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Live,love,laugh,be real

Rep Power: 39 4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !4Door is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 20 reviews

i always do this

the wagon is wired the same way

R.I.P. my mom - I miss you
10/3/1945-6/16/2007

R.I.P. - MiloReaper & Pat Primmer

96' CE1 Lx - Wags

04' Pilot EXL - Black Pile - Love it

is your friend, try it

[youtube ][ /youtube]

4Door is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 11:46 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 hondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to hondalx97

now heres the question what if i wanted to delete the lower turn signals? what type of resistor would be needed anyone know?

i like my cars like i like my women, with D's instead of B's

For all you HID needs let me know authorized reseller for sharphid and theretrofitsource!
shit blew up sale thread please helppp

PROJECTORS retofit service/supplies

hondalx97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 12:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

you could always ohm out those bulbs and find out. for wattage, use an ammeter, measure current draw and do an x15 to be on the safe side.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 hondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regularhondalx97 is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to hondalx97

yeah i fidgured someone would like before i did all that haha but i will

i like my cars like i like my women, with D's instead of B's

For all you HID needs let me know authorized reseller for sharphid and theretrofitsource!
shit blew up sale thread please helppp

PROJECTORS retofit service/supplies

hondalx97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2012, 03:42 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 14 19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano
19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

could i do this and wire my corner light to be a running ligh and blinker all in one? i have ef9 corners and they only have one socket and id like it to be both...
1991 Honda Civic Hatchback Si
1998 Honda Civic Sedan EX

19si91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2012, 10:07 AM   #10 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

moved to DIY section. nice write up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2012, 12:45 PM   #11 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 35 Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

I gotta do this

"I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive."

R.I.P - Pat Primmer

Quote:
Beat them, cheat on them, treat them like shit and you'll get a hot woman that won't ever leave you. Women are a stupid breed that don't use fucking sense.
Black91CRXsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in