Mad tyte JDM all red tails - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2012, 02:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Boost Gets You Laid

Rep Power: 35 torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to torturedsol
Default Mad tyte JDM all red tails

So, you might be interested in the mad tyte JDM all red taillights and wanna know how you can do it eh? This thread is for you! What are the red tails I speak of?

Materials Needed:
VHT Nite-Shades RED paint
Automotive spray clear coat
Masking tape
Razor knife/x-acto knife
Paint thinner/reducer or painting prep spray.
Paper towles/shop rags
8mm socket with ratchet(may need a 10mm socket to remove inners of 2-piece tails)

1. Remove your tail lights by removing the wiring connector clip and 4 8mm nuts holding the light in(may be more nuts if you have 2-piece tails... keep in mind this is on a Del Sol) I did not picture any of this... if you can not remove your own tail lights you have no need to be working on a car.

2. With the tail lights out, clean the lights with the paint reducer or prep spray to remove all the old grease, wax, and road dirt from the lense. I go back over with an amonia free glass cleaner. (not pictured)

3. Using the masking tape, tape over the reverse lights. Using your razor, carefully cut around the peremiter of the reverse light and remove excess material. You should have something that looks like this.

4. Now you're ready to begin painting. Shake your spray can for about a minute after the mixing ball moves freely. Apply 1 LIGHT coat of the VHT paint to the lense. Let dry for 10-15min

5. Apply one more light coat. If you have reached the desired red tint at this point you should let your lights sit and dry for about an hour. If you wish for them to be darker apply one more coat and let it dry for an hour. I would not suggest more than 3 coats otherwise the light may not be able go through the lense.

6. Now that the VHT paint has dried to the touch, carefully use the razor to get a corner of the masking tape up and remove the tape from the reverse lights. You may need to use the prep spray/thinner to remove any adhesive left by the tape and clean reverse light area. (not pictured)

7. Now you're ready to apply the clear coat. This keep the lense looking bright. VHT brand paint tends to fade and the clearcoat stops the fading and makes the paint pop. Apply 2-3 light coats of clear coat allowing 10-15min of dry time between coats. I'd suggest letting the paint cure overnight before handeling.

I'll have pics of mine when they are done drying enjoy!

Bling! They'll be going in the car tomorrow. I'm letting them cure tonight

EDIT: Here's a vid of them in daylight

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by torturedsol; 02-13-2012 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Added nudies of your mom
torturedsol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2012, 02:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

In for results, was gunna paint the housing of the fronts but not sure about the rears.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2012, 02:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

owneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussieowneyboy is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 20 reviews
Send a message via AIM to owneyboy

i used clearish red vinyl before but id like to see how this comes out i would think because your "painting it" the light would appear dimmer. get to work! and post results

Quote:
I remember a day when I might have contributed to the place, but that was long ago, I struggle today to find content interesting enough to keep me coming back.
owneyboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2012, 03:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
凸(◕_◕)凸

Rep Power: 17 kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!
kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

ghetto but I might give it a shot. moarpixpls, sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerD
Magic Johnson fucked bitches for years and thought he was a champ....
kingyeddi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2012, 03:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Boost Gets You Laid

Rep Power: 35 torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

VHT paint is like diluted spraypaint. I've never had any issues when I used the black nite shades. Again, use light coats. I do 2 coats max.

Bestpart is, if you F up and get it too dark, paint thinner will remove this stuff before it fully cures.

New pic up at the top

edit:
Here's my old hatch with black nite shades. 2 light coats
Night

Day

Went through 4 inspections with those lights and never failed. Police never screwed with me about them.... damn I miss that car

Last edited by torturedsol; 02-03-2012 at 03:29 PM.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Boost Gets You Laid

Yup, they let light through

Old 02-03-2012, 04:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
凸(◕_◕)凸

Rep Power: 17 kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!
kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingyeddi View Post
ghetto but I might give it a shot. moarpixpls, sir
Correction, I will be attempting this

+repzy0

Quote:
Old 02-03-2012, 04:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
\/ apply baby lotion here \/

Rep Power: 46 Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 136 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingyeddi View Post
ghetto but I might give it a shot.
your face is ghetto...

Pata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2012, 05:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 51 reviews

I love VHT products. but when it comes to smoking lights black I prefer DuPont high temp clear with 10% jet black mixed in.... oops I gave away the formula! lol

My girls' car with 3 coats.

NeonPinHead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2012, 05:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 35 Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

VHT is good stuff but it WILL fade eventually. I smoked a set of clear tail lights back in the day. They turned kinda purple like shitty window tint...lol Then again, I didn't clear it like you did. Looking good.

"I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive."

R.I.P - Pat Primmer

Quote:
Beat them, cheat on them, treat them like shit and you'll get a hot woman that won't ever leave you. Women are a stupid breed that don't use fucking sense.
Black91CRXsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2012, 06:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Sick. I may give this a try. rep'd

New - 5/25/12
.002 P2W
75.5mm Z6
TD04H 15G @ 22.6psi ??WHP

Quote:
?
Put a new motor in?
Dont race your car?
If you see smoke don't insert face?
If any of this confuses you die!
R.I.P - Pat Primmer
CaliLegal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2012, 06:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
凸(◕_◕)凸

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pata View Post
your face is ghetto...

thats what she said

Quote:
Old 02-03-2012, 07:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

Rep Power: 48 Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Levi Send a message via MSN to Levi

hahahaha that first pic is of my old white hatch when I had all red tails.

1996 Acura Integra LS Sedan

Laying Claim To My Own Thread:

1996 Integra Project Car:
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2012, 08:23 PM   #14 (permalink)
Boost Gets You Laid

I gotta steal example pics from somewhere Levi

Old 02-03-2012, 08:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

Rep Power: 48 Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Levi Send a message via MSN to Levi

Quote:
Originally Posted by torturedsol View Post
I gotta steal example pics from somewhere Levi
its just funny seeing it, i havent seen that picture in a long time

1996 Acura Integra LS Sedan

Laying Claim To My Own Thread:

1996 Integra Project Car:
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2012, 04:44 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 11 4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to 4D2Envy

I plan on doing this with the tails on my 94 Integra and after I lay some red I plan to use some regular night shades maybe a light coat or two. They turned out great OP!

You didn't scuff the surface up at all?

"My Car Isn't Leaking Oil, It's Sweating Horsepower!"
4D2Envy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2012, 07:09 AM   #17 (permalink)
Boost Gets You Laid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4D2Envy View Post
I plan on doing this with the tails on my 94 Integra and after I lay some red I plan to use some regular night shades maybe a light coat or two. They turned out great OP!

You didn't scuff the surface up at all?
No sir, VHT sticks good so long all the wax, grease, and road dirt is removed. I cleaned them like 3 times. The only issue I see with a light scuffing is that this stuff is almost clear and I fear it may show the scuffs.

I have some old prelude tails somewhere... I may test this theory since one of them is broken

Old 02-04-2012, 07:42 AM   #18 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

lkailburn It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

you need to post up daytime photos to show how much light actually gets through. of course the contrast at night will make it look like a lot of light is getting through, but then you see similar setups during the day and you can barely see the light.(usually on the full black out setups)

-Luke
y7 block, deburred Vitaras/FJT Ibeams, Stg4 P&P y8 head, ported and matched y8 IM, ITR tb, wrx urboTurb, ramhorn, jrc 5" fmic, 450's, 2.5" dp, 3" exhaust, clutch specialties stg2, act 12lb, rebuilt y8 tranny, S300. 221whp/201wtq

2005 Legacy GT

My D16 Build

lkailburn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2012, 08:33 AM   #19 (permalink)
Boost Gets You Laid

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkailburn View Post
you need to post up daytime photos to show how much light actually gets through. of course the contrast at night will make it look like a lot of light is getting through, but then you see similar setups during the day and you can barely see the light.(usually on the full black out setups)

-Luke
Putting in a wheel bearing today and swapping out my rear speakers. Kind of cloudy out today but I'll try to get day pics

Old 02-04-2012, 06:26 PM   #20 (permalink)

Rep Power: 8 crispyPATA is learning the way of the DcrispyPATA is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

looks good. is that spray stuff permanent?
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in