Vtec solenoid gasket replacment - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2011, 01:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 9 rpmraper is learning the way of the Drpmraper is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Talking Vtec solenoid gasket replacment

ive ran out of things to do today, so i changed my vtec solenoid gasket as it was leaking pretty bad. i decided to do a write up to help anyone who wants to do it but dose not know what all is involved. so here we go!

this is the vtec solenoid, unplug both connectors that run to it.

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/...210_142253.jpg

there are three 10mm bolts that hold it on

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/...210_142333.jpg

before you undue them make sure to put a pan under the car as oil will spill down in the driveway.

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/...210_142702.jpg

now undue the bolts and set the where you wont lose them, like by the wipers. once you get it off it may be stuck, dont try and pry it off or you can ruin the solenoid. instead poke a small hole in the screen and pry it out that way. make sure to clean it with tb cleaner and let it dry. then replace the gasket.

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/...210_142412.jpg

tighten the three 10mm bolts and hook up the two plugs and you good to go.

well that was easy lol
rpmraper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2011, 01:19 PM   #2 (permalink)

Nice!
CampinCracker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2011, 01:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 9 rpmraper is learning the way of the Drpmraper is learning the way of the D

vtec solenoid GASKET replacment lol

Old 12-10-2011, 02:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

I did mines about a month ago was going to do a write up but its pretty easy. Also mines is still leaking. Guessing the head or vtec solenoid isn't flat. But its not a ton of oil lost so ill live with it for now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. RIP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2011, 03:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER

Rep Power: 24 guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 46 reviews

yeah, super easy, but they do leak
Old 12-11-2011, 06:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

hmm i would imagine if you tighten then correctly it should not leak. i hope mine dont leak lol whats the point in replacing it then? lol i just hate leaks and crappy dirty engine parts, the cleaner you keep everything the longer it will last. and my boss wont bitch about oil stains in his driveway anymore ha ha. i did notice that after i put it on, oil was dripping under the car but i would think thats just the stuff that ran down when i took it off its just a little drip though, im gonna move the car back and see it it continues kinda keep my eye on it.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:14 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

whats up on some rep? lol
Old 12-11-2011, 09:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 78 reviews

With the noid off the car you should have had the spool valve seal replaced as well.
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2011, 12:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

yeah prob should have but when i ordered the gasket i wasnt thinking about it, the spool valve gasket is like 8 bucks and change. so ill get it ordered before i go to bed thnks for reminding me .
Old 12-11-2011, 12:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!

Yea tighten in order but the thing is when i went to replace mines there was no gasket, just silicone. So no telling what the guy before me has done. But one day ill try to get down to it and stop it from leaking. Its only a little bit but its still bugs me.

. RIP

Old 12-13-2011, 04:49 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

i thought mine was leaking but as it turns out its just the crap on the engine dripping off from before i changed it. so its all good in the hood.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:13 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmraper View Post
i thought mine was leaking but as it turns out its just the crap on the engine dripping off from before i changed it. so its all good in the hood.
Keep checking on it. Mines was good for about a day or 2 after replacing the gasket and cleaning it down with simple green. Then i saw a leak. It dips down on to the transmission. but good if your is all fixed.

. RIP

Old 12-26-2011, 12:46 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

yeah its good now the top gasket is leaking woo hoo! lol thats funny because it dose drip down onto the trans ha ha
Old 12-26-2011, 01:45 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Yea I replaced my top gasket and leak no more. 300+ miles and not s drip. I podted a thread "vtec yo" it gits part number in it.

. RIP

Old 12-26-2011, 05:28 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!
Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Whats up with your pics OP?

btw use the
PHP Code:
[IMG]URL here[/IMG
instead, then I'll throw you some rep lol.

|

#

!
Quote:
Start there, if you still cant figure it out, you are not going to.
How
to act on this forum...
Mr.Fodo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2011, 08:24 PM   #16 (permalink)
\/ apply baby lotion here \/

Rep Power: 46 Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 136 reviews

pictures fail.

I hate links. Post pics the correct way.

Pata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2011, 07:31 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

not sure thats weird i think photobucket may be f'ed up
Old 12-30-2011, 07:31 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

cant post pics computer has a virus lol
Old 12-30-2011, 07:35 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

i think photobucket only hosts the pictures for x amount of time..stale
Old 01-13-2012, 10:58 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 8 ryno_rx8  is accepted as part of the communityryno_rx8  is accepted as part of the communityryno_rx8  is accepted as part of the communityryno_rx8  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

I changed mine and didn't replaace the top gasket, only the one mating it to the head. Fail on my part lol. Good write-up!
ryno_rx8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in