Help with ideas please. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2011, 07:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 19 civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 18 reviews
Default Help with ideas please.

okay so im getting ready to paint an extra valve cover i have laying around. im going to paint it due to boardam but i have no inspiration. so could you guys give me a few ideas so i can do something cool. ill post pics as i do it.
help is much appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pp.jpg
Views:	1531
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	29597  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

civicdxude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2011, 08:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

make a window in it.
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2011, 08:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

I actually like that style cover in a polished finish. That would certainly help kill time.

snm95ls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2011, 08:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 19 civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!

i dig the window idea lol.

and for polished...naw lol. really wanting something pretty original or so kick ass i cant pass up.

Old 11-30-2011, 08:09 PM   #5 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

you could try wrinkle red, I've seen it on alot of dohcs but not many sohcs. Something different.you could block the letters or paint them a flat white or black. Flat black and blocked letters would look sick. Just throwin ideas out there kinda depends on the color of car/bay. I'm not a huge fan of the multicolor ones, just too much for me. Are you gonna use a gun or can?
slumdog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2011, 08:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by civicdxude View Post
i dig the window idea lol.

and for polished...naw lol. really wanting something pretty original or so kick ass i cant pass up.
You are reaching if you want to do something "different" to a Honda valve cover.

Cover is it plaid fabric...

snm95ls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2011, 08:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumdog View Post
you could try wrinkle red, I've seen it on alot of dohcs but not many sohcs. Something different.you could block the letters or paint them a flat white or black. Flat black and blocked letters would look sick. Just throwin ideas out there kinda depends on the color of car/bay. I'm not a huge fan of the multicolor ones, just too much for me. Are you gonna use a gun or can?
dont have an engine bay for it to go in just looking to paint it. prolly have to use a can cuz i need a higher heat paint and dont have any for a gun lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snm95ls View Post
You are reaching if you want to do something "different" to a Honda valve cover.

Cover is it plaid fabric...
yea i know its all been done 20,000 times lol. thats why i said "or so kick ass i cant pass up" lol.
plaid fabric would be sweet lol.

Old 11-30-2011, 09:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

i dig this so much lol.

so im thinking with therese as an insperation.

http://images.wikia.com/fantendo/ima...0_MarioNES.jpg

anyone else think this is a good idea?

Old 12-01-2011, 05:44 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 95hatchkid  is slowly gaining respect95hatchkid  is slowly gaining respect95hatchkid  is slowly gaining respect95hatchkid  is slowly gaining respect95hatchkid  is slowly gaining respect

Hello kitty?

<<---- Soon to be Boosted
95hatchkid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2011, 06:17 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95hatchkid View Post
Hello kitty?

word bro lol its sweet but im just not THAT jdm lol.

got any more ideas?

Old 12-01-2011, 07:40 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 95hatchkid  is slowly gaining respect95hatchkid  is slowly gaining respect95hatchkid  is slowly gaining respect95hatchkid  is slowly gaining respect95hatchkid  is slowly gaining respect

paint splatter, paint smear, tribal, tear, checkers

<<---- Soon to be Boosted
95hatchkid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2011, 09:28 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95hatchkid View Post
paint splatter, paint smear, tribal, tear, checkers
i dig those but like i said something more original yo.

Old 12-01-2011, 11:04 AM   #13 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 23 scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

auto tattoo its as original as your imagination can dream of

type auto tatto into a google search

high temp white and a couple sharpies and a can of clear

How to hook up turbo coolant lines

BUILD THREAD

Everyone has a little farmyard in them

scottdh20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2011, 11:05 AM   #14 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 23 scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

i started and scratched the idea of a angry birds valvecover

How to hook up turbo coolant lines

BUILD THREAD

Everyone has a little farmyard in them

Last edited by scottdh20; 12-01-2011 at 11:09 AM.
scottdh20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2011, 11:44 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdh20 View Post
i started and scratched the idea of a angry birds valvecover

yea see thats getting closer. i like the idea of a themed valve cover. its just a matter of what theme lol.

Old 12-03-2011, 06:49 AM   #16 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Do like they did with the sharpie cars but with your valve cover

example

2007 Toyota Matrix XR (1ZZFE 6spd)
2005 Pontiac Vibe GT (2ZZGE 6spd)
1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

You will be missed but not forgotten.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2011, 02:12 PM   #17 (permalink)
VEM
n00b

sharpie lambo ftw
Old 12-03-2011, 09:52 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 Chinewalker will become famous soon enoughChinewalker will become famous soon enoughChinewalker will become famous soon enough

Cover it in DIAMONDS!
Chinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2011, 11:07 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series soldier

dude the sharpie is sweet!

well i havent got a set paint scheme for it yet but here is an update on were its at.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	12022011526.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	269.6 KB
ID:	29617   Click image for larger version

Name:	12022011527.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	194.7 KB
ID:	29618   Click image for larger version

Name:	12022011529.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	239.7 KB
ID:	29619   Click image for larger version

Name:	12032011530.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	208.4 KB
ID:	29620  

Old 12-04-2011, 04:10 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 SOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SOHCpower

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_eg8 View Post
make a window in it.
haha yeah i was thinking that too, depending how hot the engine gets, you could use plexiglass or acrylic.
if it does not exceed 160*C for acrylic

would not use glass due to different expansion ratios could cause the glass to crack... unless if the glass was suspended or seated on recessed shelf like thing with some high temp sealant to allow expansion and shrinking?

Last edited by SOHCpower; 12-04-2011 at 04:12 AM.
SOHCpower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in