Install Question - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2005, 08:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 43 reviews
Default Install Question

Hey ok, I picked up with this sweeeet silver and blk mugen steering wheel is comes with the hub and all the necessry hardware for it to fit my 96 civic ex.... Now how do I go about installing it?? I know I need to remove my drivers side bag, but can anyone help me on this??? Lemme know anything would be appreciated!!!! PEACE
MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2005, 08:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

Rep Power: 48 Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Levi Send a message via MSN to Levi

first of all, disconnect your battery.

there should be 2 tabs on each side of your steering wheel that you remove to access the torx bolts. Remove both torx bolts and the air bag will come out. MAKE SURE TO PUT THE RED PLUG ON THE END OF THE AIR BAG. next remove the cable reel off the steering shaft then using a 19mm socket (if I remember right) remove the 19mm bolt that holds the steering wheel on. Your car will be showing a srs light after you do all of this just to let you know.

1996 Acura Integra LS Sedan

Laying Claim To My Own Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1996 Integra Project Car:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2005, 08:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!

ahhh the srs light.... its lite up on my buddys catch too, what is the srs light mean??? Thanks for the info man!!! I appreciate it!!!

Old 01-11-2005, 09:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

Rep Power: 48 Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

the srs light is your "safety restraint system" light. it comes on when there is a problem with your airbag system. Unfortunately it is going to be on after you install the aftermarket wheel. Here is some advice on getting rid of it with the airbag removed out of the car. Take out your guage cluster, pop off clear front piece, take off the bezel part off the front of your guages, put a piece of electrical tape over the srs bulb spot, reinstall bezel thing, reinstall clear shield and there goes your srs light. You see by putting a piece of electrical tape behind the red srs light cover, it makes it so light does not shine through. it will be on, but you will never be able to see it. Let me know if you have any more questions on this.

Old 01-11-2005, 09:08 AM   #5 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 16 BigDaddi is starting to learn the ropesBigDaddi is starting to learn the ropesBigDaddi is starting to learn the ropesBigDaddi is starting to learn the ropesBigDaddi is starting to learn the ropesBigDaddi is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

why not just remove the bulb?? lots easier and simpler than the tape method.........

"As Long As I Have A Face, She Has A Clean Place To Sit!!-BigDaddi

Quote:

Blind means NOT LOOKING. Tell him he's a jackass, punch him in the face until his eye sockets swell up and say "Bet NOW BITCH! Oh what? You can't see the cards? Yeah thats called a blind bet dumbass!" - Bizzar
BigDaddi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2005, 10:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
ridin on rotas

Rep Power: 16 gftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to gftgrill

sorry, but I don't like the ideal of going with a momo steering wheel. I want an airbag, unless the car is a trailer queen.

if you want a nice upgrade for a steering wheel here you go.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33704

the only reason I would put on a new steering wheel.

I want an airbag, just in case.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

I hear ya, I thought about that, but if anything happens if happens for a reason, I dont drive too crazy so no worries!!
Old 01-12-2005, 06:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

I would worry more so about other people rather than yourself.

Old 01-12-2005, 08:34 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series G0D

right on, it goes both ways.... Im just not gonna worry about it
Old 01-13-2005, 06:21 AM   #10 (permalink)
ridin on rotas

Rep Power: 16 gftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to all

well good luck to you then. hope nothing major happens to you or your car.
Old 01-13-2005, 06:24 AM   #11 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

you get it all figured out?

Old 01-13-2005, 08:05 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series G0D

I am still waiting for the wheel...lol... IM sure things will work out just fine, thanks guys!!
Old 01-14-2005, 12:38 AM   #13 (permalink)
I wanna be just like Jimmy!!

OniFactor It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

just FYI, your insurance can and will most likely drop you, if they find out that you removed the airbag
OniFactor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2005, 06:23 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series G0D

YEAH I believe that, but what the insurance company wont know wont hurt em....hehe
Old 01-14-2005, 07:27 AM   #15 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 27 EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!
EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EJ1 Freak Send a message via MSN to EJ1 Freak Send a message via Yahoo to EJ1 Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyblkVTEC
YEAH I believe that, but what the insurance company wont know wont hurt em....hehe
You rebel...hahaha~~~~ Good luck with that!

I wanna see some pics when you get it installed!!

My Philosophy: "Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy alot of car parts, so that equals happiness"

Quote:
word up! and i love how her purse is just there...screwdriver next to it....
#1 D-Series.Org Honda-girl FTW!!!
EJ1 Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2005, 09:41 AM   #16 (permalink)
ridin on rotas

Quote:
yeah, but wait until something happens and you need to make a claim.
Old 01-14-2005, 11:36 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series G0D

well Ill just make sure I do a little switch-a-roo, lol, no worries, I can pull something
have faith guys!! Ill post some pics soon!
Old 01-19-2005, 08:38 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series G0D

still waiting for the wheel to come in............
Old 01-19-2005, 09:14 AM   #19 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 27 EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!
EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!EJ1 Freak is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EJ1 Freak Send a message via MSN to EJ1 Freak Send a message via Yahoo to EJ1 Freak

Quote:
still waiting for the wheel to come in............
When is suppose to be there?

My Philosophy: "Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy alot of car parts, so that equals happiness"

Quote:
word up! and i love how her purse is just there...screwdriver next to it....
#1 D-Series.Org Honda-girl FTW!!!
EJ1 Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2005, 09:39 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series G0D

any day now....... its ok patience factor is driving me crazy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in