Pipe bender for DIY exhaust - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2011, 07:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 9 OriginalRex  is accepted as part of the communityOriginalRex  is accepted as part of the communityOriginalRex  is accepted as part of the communityOriginalRex  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Pipe bender for DIY exhaust

Been looking online at different pipe benders, and I have no idea what I'm looking for. Could anyone point me in the right direction for what to look for? i want to be able to do at least 3" exhaust. My price range is 300-700$ In mind, I'm a new welder and only 16, I've been taking a welding class this year and my dad has been welding for over 30 years. I wanted to start on a project and have everything i need to get it done before I start.

Thanks everyone!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1990 Honda Crx Dx-Daily
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
OriginalRex is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2011, 07:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 Save/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Aren't you supposed to do a DIY in the DIY section? If you are N/A 3" is also WAY overkill.
Build me a sandwich.
But if we are talking about motors then listen to these other guys
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
91 Cubic Inches of Muscle!
Save/Sohc is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2011, 07:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 blckek  is accepted as part of the communityblckek  is accepted as part of the communityblckek  is accepted as part of the communityblckek  is accepted as part of the community

ok, im 24 year's old....ive been welding since i was 17, ive layed more weld's then most people my age....(60-70 hours a week add's up)

and i have NO urge to build an exhaust....your gonna hate it...ive built them for bike's, scooter's and go cart's and what not...unless you have an actual lift in your garage, its going to be nothing but a hassle, spend the $150 and have a mom and pop shop build one for you....

until you get under that car laying on your back and have to lay a couple of tack weld's on an exhaust leak WITH NO SHIELD cause it doesnt fit and you end up with 3rd degree burn's from hot slag falling on you and theres NOTHING you can do about it....yeah....piss on a custom diy exhaust
blckek is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 07:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
McLOVIN

Rep Power: 17 jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!
jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!jEromy is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Save/Sohc View Post
Aren't you supposed to do a DIY in the DIY section? If you are N/A 3" is also WAY overkill.
Not if your K :P or plan on going turbo...

Sup man, im 17, gettin ready to graduate high school! Go post.in the Random thought thread and introduce yourself.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 Save/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jEromy View Post
Not if your K :P or plan on going turbo...

Sup man, im 17, gettin ready to graduate high school! Go post.in the Random thought thread and introduce yourself.
Mc Lovin. You are the exception to a high school student with a K that knows what they're doin'!
Build me a sandwich.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 blckek  is accepted as part of the communityblckek  is accepted as part of the communityblckek  is accepted as part of the communityblckek  is accepted as part of the community

and if you wanna do it....

buy bend's, not a bending machine....

find a good 2.5" stainless intercooler piping kit and buy a hacksaw and cut that bitch up and make it happen....

$40 straight pipe exhaust lol....

Last edited by blckek; 11-09-2011 at 07:59 PM.
blckek is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2011, 08:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

I'm just surprised this thread is still open. Heh.
Build me a sandwich.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:07 PM   #8 (permalink)

Rep Power: 9 OriginalRex  is accepted as part of the communityOriginalRex  is accepted as part of the communityOriginalRex  is accepted as part of the communityOriginalRex  is accepted as part of the community

thanks for the feedback everyone, i figured i could measure out all the piping and bends, were the resonator and muffler go and pre weld it, then put the front of the car on jack stands up front and weld onto the testpipe off of my header.

And I'll be buying bends, seems like a much cheaper route

1990 Honda Crx Dx-Daily
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 11-10-2011, 02:32 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

hard to measure everything out because your running larger pipe so clearance is going to be an issue around the bends and over the lca sounds like it would be more beneficial and better in the long run for you to just take it to an exhaust shop and have them make you one.

I hope your boosted though 3" is way to much for N/A
tegpower18 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2011, 04:50 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

:facepalm: can we get a mod to move or lock this please?

I don't make it rain...I make it inclement weather!

Cars:
05 Dodge Magnum RT- daily
PiKapp504 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2011, 11:27 AM   #11 (permalink)

It's not going to be NA, and sorry for posting in the wrong thread. My apologies, Thanks for info anyways

1990 Honda Crx Dx-Daily
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 11-10-2011, 12:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 9 WORPsol  is accepted as part of the communityWORPsol  is accepted as part of the communityWORPsol  is accepted as part of the communityWORPsol  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WORPsol Send a message via Yahoo to WORPsol

Order you some mandrel bends from summit and weld it all together if you are wanting to build it. a cheap pipe/tube bender isnt goin to do what you want it to. Dies alone for 2.5" or 3" are about $200 to $300 ea. Most decent benders are over $2000. Just get you a pipe expander and slip fit everything before you weld. It will help prevent leaks. Also keep in mind clearance issues with suspension travel. You can get everything under there tack welded pretty good then pull it back out and weld it solid.

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD, You wanna hit it but you know the consequences.
WORPsol is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2011, 01:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

^^^^^goodluck man. I build it all myself so let me know how it goes. 3 u bend and some straight. You should be good.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:31 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Location: The Birthplace of Hot Rodding, Southern California. Suicide Riverside to be exact.
Rep Power: 20 maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!
maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by blckek View Post
and if you wanna do it....

buy bend's, not a bending machine....
X2!!!

Don't be tempted to buy one of these cheap things, they'll just kink your pipe.

I welded up my first exhaust kit at 16, I made it by using bends from autozoe and straight pipe from summit racing. They sell 4' ones for dirt cheap! plus free shipping.

maverick75 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in