Hawker Odyssey lightweight batteries + relocation - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2005, 08:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 icarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 18 reviews
Thumbs up Hawker Odyssey lightweight batteries + relocation

you get nothing!

Last edited by icarusdown; 04-08-2009 at 09:02 PM.
icarusdown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2005, 09:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Nor Cal D-series rider

Import Al It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Import Al Send a message via Yahoo to Import Al

Nice linkage there. If you save like 15 lbs, thats almost a 3 hp gain! Plus a better balanced car as well. When my stocker dies Im getting a Hawker now.
Import Al is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2005, 07:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

c 1.5 rx is about to kiss the skyc 1.5 rx is about to kiss the skyc 1.5 rx is about to kiss the skyc 1.5 rx is about to kiss the skyc 1.5 rx is about to kiss the skyc 1.5 rx is about to kiss the skyc 1.5 rx is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

nice too bad i threw the batt in the trunk with a summitracing batt relocation kit
c 1.5 rx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2005, 08:28 AM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 greddytunedhatch smells like Boratgreddytunedhatch smells like Boratgreddytunedhatch smells like Boratgreddytunedhatch smells like Boratgreddytunedhatch smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
While you're at it, you can put the Odyssey in the cabin of your CRX to improve weight distribution and free up room in the engine bay for more important components like a turbo intercooler.
lol...

good article tho!
greddytunedhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2005, 12:48 AM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 hondaluver is learning the way of the Dhondaluver is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

wow do u have a link for that battery, its tiny!!!
hondaluver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2005, 05:45 PM   #6 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 icarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaluver
wow do u have a link for that battery, its tiny!!!
a link? like this?
http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQf...dysseyQ5fworld

you don't necessarily need the 680. You could probably get by with a 625, 545 or maybe even a 535 and save a little more space, weight, and money, but they're not as powerful. I went with the 680 because I've got an amp in my car and though I don't use the radio often (exhaust = music ) I wanted to stay on the safe side.
Here's a link to all the spec's you could need on any Hawker Odyssey batt.
http://www.batterymart.com/pdf_files/odyssey_guide.pdf

-ic
Old 01-12-2005, 11:11 PM   #7 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 hondaluver is learning the way of the Dhondaluver is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

sweet!!! thanks man
hondaluver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2005, 08:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

which 680 did u go with? the 680MJ??? how heavy are those??? I am gonna get one soon here I think...
MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2005, 08:50 AM   #9 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Rayden is a name known to allRayden is a name known to allRayden is a name known to allRayden is a name known to allRayden is a name known to allRayden is a name known to allRayden is a name known to allRayden is a name known to allRayden is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 25 reviews

This was posted in a thread I started awhile back about the same basic subject. The link shows the Hawker--I've forgotten which model it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sts2soon
I personally am creeped out about the "offgassing" and I would only relocate it to the rear with a sealed gel-type.

Alunimum channel is cheap at the home improvement place and its fairly easy to make brackets with it.

You might have already seen my battery bracket on my old EP3 (RIP)
http://67.64.83.73/dmcknight/batt/
Im doing something similar with the same battery for the CRX
I picked up the battery last month and I have to say, its the only car battery I've ever picked up with one hand. It weighs very little and looks like an RC battery in my Rex's engine bay.

CHECK OUT the link!!
Rayden is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2005, 09:18 AM   #10 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

Rep Power: 48 Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Levi Send a message via MSN to Levi

here is a quick question:

since I have a stereo in my car and am thinking about getting a dry cell batery anyway, should I look into getting the PC680MJ
with automotive terminals? I am not looking to relocate my battery, I just want something that is a dry cell and something that is lighter.

here is the link to the one I found on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...950437295&rd=1

I am really impressed on the price of these things, I was considering an optima, but after seeing these, I think my mind has been changed.

1996 Acura Integra LS Sedan

Laying Claim To My Own Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1996 Integra Project Car:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2005, 09:36 AM   #11 (permalink)
Hondaphile

Rep Power: 17 ottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatnessottomaticjack is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ottomaticjack Send a message via MSN to ottomaticjack Send a message via Yahoo to ottomaticjack

I have looked at those in the past, still may get one, but think I will probably leave it in the stock location....I'm not worried about moving the weight and just like the idea of a smaller, lighter battery.

Good sellers and stuff....NastyhabitzCRX, Icarusdown, Infamousz6, fast88, drew95eg, cuong-nutz, Sonny7730

"We have a blind date with destiny, and it looks like she ordered the lobster...."
ottomaticjack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2005, 05:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
Adia's Daddy

Rep Power: 26 Steve-O is the fucking MAN!!!!Steve-O is the fucking MAN!!!!Steve-O is the fucking MAN!!!!Steve-O is the fucking MAN!!!!
Steve-O is the fucking MAN!!!!Steve-O is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Steve-O

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomaticjack
I have looked at those in the past, still may get one, but think I will probably leave it in the stock location....I'm not worried about moving the weight and just like the idea of a smaller, lighter battery.
For you otto and those like me who plan to keep the battery in the stock location but want to lighten the load, here's the only link you need:

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=695215

For some reason, it looks strikingly similar to the Spoon and TR1 racing batteries. I'm going to go ahead and assume that a Spoon battery stay (made small for their small racing battery) will work with the Hawker unit in the above link.

**EDIT** Good info BTW icarus

Living the humble dream as an independent shop repair tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by
One thing I have always believed, and I think should apply here too for the most part, is this: If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all. Why put forth that effort to tell someone some negative stuff that you know they won't like to hear. Build your car how you want, and let others do the same.

Namaste

Last edited by Steve-O; 01-27-2005 at 06:02 PM.
Steve-O is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2005, 04:27 PM   #13 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 crxtscy is learning the way of the Dcrxtscy is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

wow... the first link is ancient. :-p. I did this battery relocation like... 2 years ago. Tiny battery does struggle a lil in the winter.
crxtscy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2005, 07:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
sinful

I'm replacing my stock battery here soon. Just out of curiosity, how long will it hold a charge if the car is stored for the winter? Started every 2-3 monthes.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2005, 05:45 PM   #15 (permalink)
95SiGuy

I'm just wondering if anyone here knows how much 18 feet of 4-guage power wire weighs? That stuff is pretty darn heavy, and I'm wondering, with all the added wiring, if you would actually save any weight when relocating the battery.
Old 03-14-2005, 07:07 PM   #16 (permalink)

I only had to run about five feet of 4 gauge wire. It weighed less than 2 pounds at the most but I saved about 15-20 pounds by switching batteries. Lead is heavy shit. Optimas are really good batteries, but our little motors don't need that much power to start. Optimas = too heavy AND too expensive.

->Mr. Nicolas:
I've got the PC680 (w/o metal jacket or MJ) and it starts my d16y7 no probs. I've also got an 800 watt amplifier. My stereo runs fine and only ever had to jump my car with this battery b/c I accidently left the dome light on for some 48 hours. The battery recharged absolutely fine and still starts my car like a champ.

-ic
Old 03-14-2005, 08:00 PM   #17 (permalink)
Ferio inspired

Rep Power: 31 NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....
NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

yeah remember you have to add a battery kill switch to stay track legal also.
90 Civic EX 4dr- turbo D15b (sold)
98 Civic EX 4dr- USDM (99 front) (sold)
92 Accord EX 4dr- ricermobile(sold)
NastyHabitzCRX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2005, 09:42 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyHabitzCRX
yeah remember you have to add a battery kill switch to stay track legal also.
an excuse for another switch!
Old 03-14-2005, 11:57 PM   #19 (permalink)
Ferio inspired

Rep Power: 31 NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....
NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by icarusdown
an excuse for another switch!
haha yeah and also a vent tube for the battery gases.
my shop says dont do it but i have a curious itch to try
90 Civic EX 4dr- turbo D15b (sold)
98 Civic EX 4dr- USDM (99 front) (sold)
92 Accord EX 4dr- ricermobile(sold)
NastyHabitzCRX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2005, 04:28 AM   #20 (permalink)
jclanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyHabitzCRX
haha yeah and also a vent tube for the battery gases.
my shop says dont do it but i have a curious itch to try
that particular hawker battery is solid chemical (no liquid acid like regular battery) so there are NO GASES to vent.

-Juan

P.S. jegs has the battery kill switch road race style in there catalog at a decent price.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in