idle issues on my new y7 swap!!! Lookin for answers asap - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2011, 09:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Question idle issues on my new y7 swap!!! Lookin for answers asap

i recently dropped the d16y7 into my 92 dx. ive used the intake, exhaust, distr., obd1 wire harness and alt from the ol b7. cranks fine and runs like a scalded dog exept for the idle!!! could it be the 1.6 plugs and dizzy? or the 1.5 injectors on the 1.6 head? idk where i should start... any help would be appreciated.
shamrock07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2011, 10:28 AM   #2 (permalink)

define the idle issues... is it hunting? Have you done the proper idle re-learn? Are you using the right ECU for that engine?
Colinin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2011, 11:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
\/ apply baby lotion here \/

Rep Power: 46 Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 136 reviews

let me get this straight.

all you did was use a complete D16y7 right?
using D15b7 engine harness, dizzy, complete intake manifold, thottle body, alternator and same p06 ecu? Automatic or 5spd?

where did you get this y7 from?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2011, 12:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Dave_P It's a JDM Star Bitches....Dave_P It's a JDM Star Bitches....Dave_P It's a JDM Star Bitches....Dave_P It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

why is this in DIY?

Dave_P is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2011, 12:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 baajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_P View Post
why is this in DIY?
Because he did it himself
Old 09-11-2011, 01:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Dave_P It's a JDM Star Bitches....Dave_P It's a JDM Star Bitches....Dave_P It's a JDM Star Bitches....Dave_P It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by baajaa View Post
SCHWING!

Dave_P is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2011, 02:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 10 1camLOVE is a name known to all1camLOVE is a name known to all1camLOVE is a name known to all1camLOVE is a name known to all1camLOVE is a name known to all1camLOVE is a name known to all1camLOVE is a name known to all1camLOVE is a name known to all1camLOVE is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by baajaa View Post

1camLOVE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2011, 02:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 jwakefield9685 will become famous soon enoughjwakefield9685 will become famous soon enoughjwakefield9685 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_P View Post
SCHWING!
wow that actually made me crack a grin, thanks for ruining my dedicated day of not smiling.
jwakefield9685 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2011, 03:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

got the y7 from southern imports... and it came just block and head, no dizzy alt etc. has a high idle like its cold, but when it gets to running temp it sways real high to real low. ive adjusted the idle screw and layed back on tha dizzy with no real results. must be a air issue cause im seein that i need to plug the holes on that b7 mani lol. ive swaped a few honda motors but never real had to get into mixmatchin parts. didn help that i got the car with a locked down 1.5 and had 3 days to find another engine to swap out and get road worthy before my wife n kids pilled in for a 600 mile drive to va
Old 09-13-2011, 03:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

5spd tranny and already had larger aftermarket exhaust
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in