beef'D Up motor mounts - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org » D-series Knowledge Factory » DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2011, 03:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default beef'D Up motor mounts

did this before with good success, didnt have $$ to buy good motor mounts. The pics are pretty much self explanatory.start out with mounts that are in OK condition DO NOT CUT rubber out as this is needed to sandwich tight and keep center sleeve somewhat aligned you can grind off some rubber off center sleeve for tight fitment of the plates, 2 pieces of 1/4" ALUMINUM cut to fit inside rubber and around center sleeve, clamp them together drill 2 or 3 holes all the way thru both plates, I used 2 this time, then with long bolts just tighten up till the plates become even with the steel outer sleeve or tighter if you like, just need enough clearance of the center sleeve sticking out farthest for clearance, than cut off excess threads, use lock nuts or a small tac of weld on the end of nuts..done..SOLID MOUNTS. last ones i made for my H22 accord lasted 4yrs that I owned it and 1yr later talked to the guy who bought it still holding up strong, materiels cost $15
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20110831_110526.jpg
Views:	6049
Size:	524.9 KB
ID:	28853   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20110831_110539.jpg
Views:	2161
Size:	925.5 KB
ID:	28854  

Last edited by 93sleeper; 08-31-2011 at 03:48 PM.
93sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2011, 03:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!

Rep Power: 32 si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !si-hatch86 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to si-hatch86 Send a message via MSN to si-hatch86 Send a message via Yahoo to si-hatch86

holy huge pics...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP Pat Primmer
RIP MILO
si-hatch86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2011, 03:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

sorry thought pics might have been smaller taken from my cell phone

Old 08-31-2011, 04:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....
iTrader Score: 47 reviews

Very ghetto...I like it. Most guys just fill the mounts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ZCHONDACRX91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2011, 04:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCHONDACRX91 View Post
Very ghetto...I like it. Most guys just fill the mounts.
haha yea but this way its real tight and lasts alot longer/stronger, ive seen the rubber come apart on filled ones after short period of time
Old 08-31-2011, 04:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 _Jack_Bauer_ is starting to learn the ropes_Jack_Bauer_ is starting to learn the ropes_Jack_Bauer_ is starting to learn the ropes_Jack_Bauer_ is starting to learn the ropes_Jack_Bauer_ is starting to learn the ropes_Jack_Bauer_ is starting to learn the ropes_Jack_Bauer_ is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Ghetto indeed. Its not pretty, but if it works it works, and that looks like it will hold just fine.

If it were me, Id try again. Get those inserts cut nicer. But thats me, Im picky with that kind of thing. Rep to you for having a functional idea. Ill be doing this when I do my swap.
_Jack_Bauer_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2011, 04:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

im running 19psi boost. broke 2 trannys in 6 months with stock mounts and real short on cash flow rite now
Old 08-31-2011, 04:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Jack_Bauer_ View Post
Ghetto indeed. Its not pretty, but if it works it works, and that looks like it will hold just fine.

If it were me, Id try again. Get those inserts cut nicer. But thats me, Im picky with that kind of thing. Rep to you for having a functional idea. Ill be doing this when I do my swap.
deff coulda been cut and cleaned up alot nicer!! was in a hurry, on lunch break and shatty plazma torch
Old 08-31-2011, 04:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 _Jack_Bauer_ is starting to learn the ropes_Jack_Bauer_ is starting to learn the ropes_Jack_Bauer_ is starting to learn the ropes_Jack_Bauer_ is starting to learn the ropes_Jack_Bauer_ is starting to learn the ropes_Jack_Bauer_ is starting to learn the ropes_Jack_Bauer_ is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Limited cash flow is usually how this cheap DIY stuff gets figured out. Thanks for posting up your handy work.
_Jack_Bauer_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2011, 04:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Jack_Bauer_ View Post
Limited cash flow is usually how this cheap DIY stuff gets figured out. Thanks for posting up your handy work.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 11 moff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93sleeper View Post
im running 19psi boost. broke 2 trannys in 6 months with stock mounts and real short on cash flow rite now
Try to not dump the clutch next time

They look ghetto fabulous. Maybe fill them with poly too?
moff3tt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2011, 07:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

weld in some ceiling fan hangers from home depot, i gaurantee that it will be 10x stronger.
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2011, 03:45 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by moff3tt View Post
Try to not dump the clutch next time

They look ghetto fabulous. Maybe fill them with poly too?
Old 09-01-2011, 03:50 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series lover

Actually I beat the snot out of the 1st one, 2nd one a drove normal, both trannys had the same out come with teeth broke on the ring and pinion
Old 09-01-2011, 09:45 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 Atreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cervan View Post
weld in some ceiling fan hangers from home depot, i gaurantee that it will be 10x stronger.
Please to explain?

"Sometimes they complain. 'You know, the lower half income people, they don’t pay any income tax & what are we going to do about it?' And I say, we’re half way there!" - Ron Paul

"I freestyle my destiny, it's not written in pages." - Immortal Technique
Atreidies is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2011, 01:19 PM   #16 (permalink)
n00b

I was taught if your on a budget silicone your mounts and you'll break things inside your car you never knew you could
Tmfw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2011, 01:21 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 xylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcano
xylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 26 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmfw View Post
I was taught if your on a budget silicone your mounts and you'll break things inside your car you never knew you could
UUUUUUMMMM...... no.

crx hf racecar build:

Base by: Coolder

'93 Del Sol Si D16Z6
Stolen twice, recovered twice, sold once

'88 CRX hf D16Z6
build in progress
xylocramer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2011, 01:26 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 Atreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatnessAtreidies is approaching greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmfw View Post
Like a strong clutch, it can increase driveline shock. Stock mounts flex. That flexing allows some of the load to dissipate. If the mounts don't flex, you can break stuff. BUT, if you are doing things that would break axles or tranny parts with solid mounts, you should be working on your driving abilities anyways. I.e. don't dump your clutch on launches.

"Sometimes they complain. 'You know, the lower half income people, they don’t pay any income tax & what are we going to do about it?' And I say, we’re half way there!" - Ron Paul

"I freestyle my destiny, it's not written in pages." - Immortal Technique
Atreidies is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2011, 01:31 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 SOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagleSOHCEj8 is fly like an eagle

Looks ghetto as shit but I bet they work just as good as any other mount.
SOHCEj8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2011, 02:04 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 11 moff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreidies View Post
Like a strong clutch, it can increase driveline shock. Stock mounts flex. That flexing allows some of the load to dissipate. If the mounts don't flex, you can break stuff. BUT, if you are doing things that would break axles or tranny parts with solid mounts, you should be working on your driving abilities anyways. I.e. don't dump your clutch on launches.
If the clutch doesn't slip, the mounts don't flex, the tires don't break loose, the axles don't break, you can bet your transmission will. Something has to give so I would prefer it be my tires or clutch personally.
moff3tt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in