non OEM towbar removal. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2004, 11:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Shackle me NOT!!!

flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default non OEM towbar removal.

I'll post pics tommorrow of my 3.5 hour nightmare.....previous owner had a towbar fitted to my honda that wa giving me shit with clearance. So yesterday morning I reckon, SCREW it.......this bugger is coming off.......It was big ugly and heavy.............

I had three big 10mm bolts under the spare wheel well. SO I take these out....not too much of a problem, yank a bit, no go, damn bar won't come loose. Look again and there's a bar going behind the back bumper. ok........back bumper is gonna have to come off..............slight problem, suspension has been dropped and I can't get to the screws....

In order to take off the rear bumper, I had to take off the rear wheels one at a time, cause my 2 tonne jack is shot and I had to use the crappy OEM one that came with the car. Two screws just under the rear bumper, 5 screws under the rear decklid and two bolts under the car.........bumper's off.

4 BIG assed bolts were there. Took them off and disconnected teh wires and cut them off one by one, don't do the whole lot cause you can short the lot and it's replacing fuses time.

Tape up and then put the whole lot back. I had the added bonus of the previous owner shoving 4 extra screw into the top of the bumper instead of replacing the broken holding plates on the car.........would have been done faster if it wasn't for that shit.

Overall, ground clearence has gone from 10cm to about 30cm.....
weight saving..........17.5 kg's..........

not bad when you look at one of my 17" with a tyre is 22kg's........

Pics to follow tommorrow

Last edited by flatfourfan; 12-29-2004 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Adding pictures
flatfourfan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2004, 11:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Want access???

Rep Power: 1718005 modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 67 reviews
Send a message via AIM to modsHXcivi

tourch that bugger off bro
sawzall that mug off
crash it in to a wall but get it off of there

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

modsHXcivi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2004, 11:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Shackle me NOT!!!

flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....

nah..............I was thinking of cutting it, but it's 8mm flat bar..............would have probably fucked up the rear bumper at the time..........

Old 12-28-2004, 11:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Want access???

Rep Power: 1718005 modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 67 reviews
Send a message via AIM to modsHXcivi

like i said cut it ,torch it ..... just get it off there ...lol
id cut it off myself

modsHXcivi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2004, 11:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Shackle me NOT!!!

the best part is.................I can feel the weight difference........and my ass doesn't rub that much...........cars ass........no comments
Old 12-29-2004, 05:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
ridin on rotas

Rep Power: 16 gftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to gftgrill

good job. can't wait to see the pics
Old 12-29-2004, 08:14 AM   #7 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 sleepingrex will become famous soon enoughsleepingrex will become famous soon enoughsleepingrex will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

yeah i had a beater bmw with a stock tow hook once and i tried to cut it off with a high speed cutter and i got half way through it and i guess i work hardend the metal and i ended up just leaving it along because i scrapped the euro pos never again will i buy european crap
sleepingrex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2004, 08:15 AM   #8 (permalink)
bspeed

17kgs= 37.4lbs. Nice, only now you can't tow your VW when it dies (you know it will)
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2004, 08:16 AM   #9 (permalink)
bspeed

flat what is up with that avitar?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2004, 09:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
Shackle me NOT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bspeed
flat what is up with that avitar?
This one???<<<<<<<

Screaming guy from rocky horror picture show. I got told by Sqad that my previous one was R-rated.......some woman with what I thought was ice cream in her mouth.............hehehehe........

My bad.......Today it changes back to flat eric
Old 12-29-2004, 09:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
Ferio inspired

Rep Power: 31 NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....
NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by bspeed
17kgs= 37.4lbs. Nice, only now you can't tow your VW when it dies (you know it will)
you cant tow you car with a tow hitch anyways, i think you mean towbar which is attached to the front of the car.
90 Civic EX 4dr- turbo D15b (sold)
98 Civic EX 4dr- USDM (99 front) (sold)
92 Accord EX 4dr- ricermobile(sold)
NastyHabitzCRX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2004, 09:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Shackle me NOT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyHabitzCRX
you cant tow you car with a tow hitch anyways, i think you mean towbar which is attached to the front of the car.
I have an a-frame actually, I tow the bus to shows.........now it has it's own engine, so it doens't have to bum off the honda.lol.
Old 12-30-2004, 03:04 AM   #13 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 sleepingrex will become famous soon enoughsleepingrex will become famous soon enoughsleepingrex will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyHabitzCRX
i think they call that a wench and from the pics you can tail it was a trailer hitch.
sleepingrex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2004, 04:53 AM   #14 (permalink)
ridin on rotas

Rep Power: 16 gftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to gftgrill

yeah good to get that off. a civic shouldn't be pulling anything
Old 12-30-2004, 04:55 AM   #15 (permalink)
Shackle me NOT!!!

except the woman.............hehehehehe
Old 12-30-2004, 04:58 AM   #16 (permalink)
Cool User Title Here

Location: 7.5 hours north of Modshxcivic, 6.5 hours north of Rexinre's house (he says only 5 hours) (MAINE)
Rep Power: 24 Honda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcano
Honda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Honda4VW Send a message via MSN to Honda4VW Send a message via Yahoo to Honda4VW

OMG...A civic with a Hitch!!! I have seen it all!

Honda4VW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2004, 04:59 AM   #17 (permalink)
Shackle me NOT!!!

Gawd, this is nothing..........you should see the shit some guys drag behind their civic.

I know the previous guy used to lug around a Yamaha Raptor behind my civic in a trailer.......still, it's gone.........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in