Cleaning your engine bay DIY - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2011, 10:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 Cyberwaste is almost a somebodyCyberwaste is almost a somebodyCyberwaste is almost a somebodyCyberwaste is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Cleaning your engine bay DIY

so i found this on Honda-tech and was pretty impressed

thought id share

1991 Civic Engine bay detailed - Honda-Tech

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cyberwaste is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2011, 10:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 BryanK20 is learning the way of the DBryanK20 is learning the way of the D
Send a message via AIM to BryanK20

nice find!
Old 06-28-2011, 10:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
EF9
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 18 EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!
EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

lol this is rob's diy, he's a member on here who probably has one of the mintiest si's known to man

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<- Deuce MKIa

<- Deuce MKIb
Will you make a contract with me? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Quote:
Magical spinning Doritos do not belong in cars...
EF9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2011, 10:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 cmgogo is approaching greatnesscmgogo is approaching greatnesscmgogo is approaching greatnesscmgogo is approaching greatnesscmgogo is approaching greatnesscmgogo is approaching greatnesscmgogo is approaching greatnesscmgogo is approaching greatnesscmgogo is approaching greatnesscmgogo is approaching greatnesscmgogo is approaching greatnesscmgogo is approaching greatnesscmgogo is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

I just use

one of my friends who flips cars and runs a detailing service uses this stuff and his bays always come out clean enough to eat off of, and it doesnt leave behind a greasy coating that discolors the paint or smokes after it starts to burn off the exhaust mani.

Quote:
cmgogo for gov. of California
Yeah... i'm THAT awesome
cmgogo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2011, 10:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

WOW....kinda inspired lol Purple Power works great also. Nice find
W4SH-M3-EG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2011, 11:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 Cyberwaste is almost a somebodyCyberwaste is almost a somebodyCyberwaste is almost a somebodyCyberwaste is almost a somebody

tell rob im impressed haha

Old 06-29-2011, 01:10 AM   #7 (permalink)
formerly allnaturalrex

Rep Power: 22 greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!
greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to greasemonkey89

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgogo View Post
I just use

one of my friends who flips cars and runs a detailing service uses this stuff and his bays always come out clean enough to eat off of, and it doesnt leave behind a greasy coating that discolors the paint or smokes after it starts to burn off the exhaust mani.
awesome i always see it at walmart and always go for purple power i might just switch.

"Aircooled Enthusiast/ D-Series Fanatic"

Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #2
greasemonkey89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2011, 09:39 AM   #8 (permalink)

well i know what I'm doing this weekend

<---
ckh88ok is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2011, 09:59 AM   #9 (permalink)
They call me Awesome!

Rep Power: 38 awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberwaste View Post
tell rob im impressed haha
Tell Robb yourself...

FYI, this section is for DIY/How-to articles. Not really the place to post stuff you found on the interwebz.

Besides, I believe most of that info is a repost from Robb's 1991 Civic si thread.

Have you checked
today?

Don't get your feelings hurt over some idiot's personal opinion, especially MINE!!!
awebb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2011, 11:18 AM   #10 (permalink)
gonzo

sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....

But how I get my floor mat's that minty?
sxysweed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2011, 11:29 AM   #11 (permalink)
They call me Awesome!

Rep Power: 38 awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxysweed View Post
But how I get my floor mat's that minty?
Buy a car from a little old lady who only drove it on Sunday's and Wednesdays to Church and the market.

Have you checked
today?

Don't get your feelings hurt over some idiot's personal opinion, especially MINE!!!
awebb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2011, 02:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

^ lol

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2011, 05:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by awebb View Post
Tell Robb yourself...

FYI, this section is for DIY/How-to articles. Not really the place to post stuff you found on the interwebz.

Besides, I believe most of that info is a repost from Robb's 1991 Civic si thread.
i wasnt sure if i should of posted it here... but its kinda a diy i guess.

sorry fer being a noobz

Old 06-30-2011, 06:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Pssh.. nice find. SO gonna bling my engine bay.

New - 5/25/12
.002 P2W
75.5mm Z6
TD04H 15G @ 22.6psi ??WHP

Quote:
?
Put a new motor in?
Dont race your car?
If you see smoke don't insert face?
If any of this confuses you die!
R.I.P - Pat Primmer
CaliLegal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2011, 07:27 PM   #15 (permalink)
gonzo

sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....

Quote:
Originally Posted by awebb View Post
Buy a car from a little old lady who only drove it on Sunday's and Wednesdays to Church and the market.
You didn't get the joke.

Robb collects floormats. He's the floormat hoarder.
sxysweed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2011, 05:12 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 chubz is almost a somebodychubz is almost a somebodychubz is almost a somebodychubz is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgogo View Post
I just use

thats good stuff right there. that company makes this compound called pro gold. i used it when i used to touch up paint at car dealers. that shit work magic!

Quote:
i believe some people said the earth is flat. That did not make it true.
chubz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2011, 11:21 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 Ej1civic coupe is almost a somebodyEj1civic coupe is almost a somebodyEj1civic coupe is almost a somebodyEj1civic coupe is almost a somebody

i gotta do this soon for sure
Ej1civic coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2011, 07:56 PM   #18 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to 96EXvtec

great find!!
96EXvtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2011, 07:07 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 flip8419 is learning the way of the Dflip8419 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

did this to my 18yr old prelude def. works. Now under the hood looks better then the rest of the car
flip8419 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2011, 12:35 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 12 sleepy will become famous soon enoughsleepy will become famous soon enoughsleepy will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

So let's see some before and afters of these minty bays!

sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in