How to install LC-1 DB Gauge - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2011, 08:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

lkailburn It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Default How to install LC-1 DB Gauge

How to install DB gauge for your LC-1 Wideband
Start off by wiring up your LC-1 wideband. You can refer to my How-to guide here:
How to wire LC-1 into civic
Run the red wire to an ignition switched 12v source. I used the yellow/green striped wire off the cig lighter connector

Run the black wire to the same ground used as the white wire from the LC1 wideband controller. In my install this is obd2 pin A9 - ecu ground - (brown/black stripe).

Run the blue wire to the wideband signal from the LC1 wideband controller. The gauge is preprogrammed to: 0v=7.35afr, 5v=22.39afr. Since I use my Analog 2(wideband - brown wire) on a 0-3.5v scale, I decided to reprogram my analog 1 narrowband output (yellow wire) to match the scale that is preprogrammed on the db gauge. I have multiple o2 bungs in my exhaust and would not need to use the narrow band output from my LC1 for closed loop. Your installation may vary depending on your needs.

Run the purple wire to a wire that supplies current to the headlights. This is usually a red/black stripe wire. Doing it this way will allow the gauge to dim when the headlights are turned on. If you do not want this behavior you can just run this to a chassis ground.

Gauge side of the wiring.

Installed and finished product.

Congrats you have successfully installed the db gauge for LC-1 Wideband. You can now ride around and watch your wideband AFRs.

EDIT: I had an html table with a quick lookup for the wiring but not sure how to post a table on bb

-Luke
y7 block, deburred Vitaras/FJT Ibeams, Stg4 P&P y8 head, ported and matched y8 IM, ITR tb, wrx urboTurb, ramhorn, jrc 5" fmic, 450's, 2.5" dp, 3" exhaust, clutch specialties stg2, act 12lb, rebuilt y8 tranny, S300. 221whp/201wtq

2005 Legacy GT

My D16 Build
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
lkailburn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2011, 08:35 PM   #2 (permalink)

And as always, this along with all of my other writeups and guides are available on my website:
lukekailburn.com: Honda project info and How-to's

-Luke
y7 block, deburred Vitaras/FJT Ibeams, Stg4 P&P y8 head, ported and matched y8 IM, ITR tb, wrx urboTurb, ramhorn, jrc 5" fmic, 450's, 2.5" dp, 3" exhaust, clutch specialties stg2, act 12lb, rebuilt y8 tranny, S300. 221whp/201wtq

2005 Legacy GT

My D16 Build

Old 06-29-2011, 07:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
Never finishes (TWSS)

Rep Power: 18 Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!
Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

nice work, Next time try some wire heatshrink instead of electrical tape, unless you soldered the wires under the tape

Old 06-29-2011, 08:12 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evanguy View Post
nice work, Next time try some wire heatshrink instead of electrical tape, unless you soldered the wires under the tape
yep all wires are stripped about 1/3", wrapped over each other and then soldered. Heatshrink would still be baller but electrical tape is cheap

-Luke

2005 Legacy GT

My D16 Build

Old 06-29-2011, 08:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
Pew Pew!

Rep Power: 23 Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 50 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sammo115

DIY KING does it again! =D
Sammo115 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2011, 08:23 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo115 View Post
DIY KING does it again! =D
haha i'd rep you for being such a loyal diy follower but it says i gotta spread the love

-Luke

2005 Legacy GT

My D16 Build

Old 07-08-2011, 08:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 b16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

awesome i used the 1st half of this and did my DB on my own, Great write up again man, + rep!!!
b16racereg6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2011, 03:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Speedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 40 reviews

should groud the lc1 at the t-stat so there is no voltage offset if you are going to log it other then that not bad

240,000 miles and counting turbo EH9
nothing like 4drs, ac,moon roof, and 4 whores and running 13psi out or a ching chong t3/t4 setup
the build

if it survives the winter JdM d15b+Vitara+FJT+25psi=

professional tranny assassin, 2 stock diffs in 4 weeks on street tires and preload was used
Speedjunky01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2011, 07:53 PM   #9 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 96EXvtec

good write up
96EXvtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
innovate install, innovate lc-1

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in