S2000 Seats for Your Sol - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2011, 05:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 14 NN4S is hot as a volcanoNN4S is hot as a volcano
NN4S is hot as a volcanoNN4S is hot as a volcanoNN4S is hot as a volcanoNN4S is hot as a volcanoNN4S is hot as a volcanoNN4S is hot as a volcanoNN4S is hot as a volcanoNN4S is hot as a volcanoNN4S is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default S2000 Seats for Your Sol

Don't know how many folks here are Solers, but I figured I'd share the writeup I did on my install of S2k seats in Sunny. I made it a PDF file so that there wouldn't be any loss of pictures like most of the write ups you see end up with over time. It's hosted on Google Docs; here's the link to it:

S2000 Seats for Your Sol

I've gotten some decent feedback from it on the Sol sites, so maybe it'll help someone here as well. There are a LOT of pictures, so it makes understanding the process a little easier for the majority of us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2011, 05:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 xylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcano
xylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 26 reviews

Useful information. The S2k seats don't look too bad in there. But how much does a single S2000 seat cost?

crx hf racecar build:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Base by: Coolder

'93 Del Sol Si D16Z6
Stolen twice, recovered twice, sold once

'88 CRX hf D16Z6
build in progress
xylocramer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2011, 06:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
They call me Awesome!

Rep Power: 38 awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

Look at the 3rd bullet homie.

Plus your link isn't working.

Have you checked
today?

Don't get your feelings hurt over some idiot's personal opinion, especially MINE!!!
awebb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2011, 06:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 xylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcano
xylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 26 reviews

It's a google docs PDF. It says it was written by NN4S. It's just a more effective way of getting all this info together cuz it's kinda long. You have to have a gmail account to look at it I think.

crx hf racecar build:

Base by: Coolder

'93 Del Sol Si D16Z6
Stolen twice, recovered twice, sold once

'88 CRX hf D16Z6
build in progress
xylocramer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2011, 06:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 12 Demon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

i dont have a gmail account and i can see it just fine

Demon_12-21-2012 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2011, 06:43 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

NN4S is hot as a volcanoNN4S is hot as a volcanoNN4S is hot as a volcanoNN4S is hot as a volcanoNN4S is hot as a volcanoNN4S is hot as a volcanoNN4S is hot as a volcanoNN4S is hot as a volcanoNN4S is hot as a volcano

Quote:
Originally Posted by awebb View Post
Look at the 3rd bullet homie.

Plus your link isn't working.
I would upload the PDF to this site, but haven't found a way to do so yet. I made the doc a PDF specifically to retain it's coherency and make it accessible to anyone (Adobe Reader is required, but it's a free download). Anyway, I'd be happy to replace the Google Docs link with the file if you can show me where to upload the PDF to this site. It's 3.15 Mb, so it's not exactly a small file as far as PDFs go... like I said, lots of pictures. If you can upload it to the site I'll be happy to email you a copy of the PDF.

The link seems to be working fine- I checked it before & after posting, as well as from the post. You sure that your firewall's not blocking it?
Old 05-18-2011, 06:52 AM   #7 (permalink)
They call me Awesome!

Rep Power: 38 awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Apparently it's just not working for me, which is odd cause I actually have a Gmail account and am currently logged in.

Either way, it's cool.

Nice to have another HSV guy on here.

Have you checked
today?

Don't get your feelings hurt over some idiot's personal opinion, especially MINE!!!
Old 05-18-2011, 07:03 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

sheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcano

i see it...so glad when i went from gsr to si in my hatchy i didnt have to do all that! great work man

Quote:
Why the hek you driving over 4k rpms? What are you, a street racer? LOL
sheasekhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2011, 07:06 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

It's a good write up; I wouldn't have offered it up if it wasn't! The offer of an emailed copy of the PDF still stands if you're interested... though I can't see you putting Sol seats into your S2k!

Yeah, I saw your post on HSV recommending this site... first I'd ever heard of it (at least that I remember)! My daughter's Sol (a 93 S model) has the D15B7 in it, while mine's got the D16Z6; figured I needed to be here if I'm going to keep the two of them on the road.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:10 AM   #10 (permalink)
They call me Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NN4S View Post
It's a good write up; I wouldn't have offered it up if it wasn't! The offer of an emailed copy of the PDF still stands if you're interested... though I can't see you putting Sol seats into your S2k!

Yeah, I saw your post on HSV recommending this site... first I'd ever heard of it (at least that I remember)! My daughter's Sol (a 93 S model) has the D15B7 in it, while mine's got the D16Z6; figured I needed to be here if I'm going to keep the two of them on the road.
Cool man, this place is a WEALTH of knowledge, I hope you enjoy it. It really is a great group of guys, sometimes I have more fun on here than on HSV.

Have you checked
today?

Old 05-18-2011, 07:13 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by xylocramer View Post
Useful information. The S2k seats don't look too bad in there. But how much does a single S2000 seat cost?
I found mine in Nashville from a guy that parted out wrecked S2000s; got the pair for $350, but that was before all of the flooding hit there (his shop was down in the warehouse district along the river). I have no idea if he's still parting them or not, but I'm certain the place he was working out of when I got them from him got flooded last year.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:53 AM   #12 (permalink)

great write up man, i bet that took longer than installing the seats haha, and they look pretty good i wonder if you could do the same with rsx seats i like those but i would put S2k seats in mine but my seats are in pretty good condition and by the way love your sol i love the yellow and the black trimming is that a black targa top or a carbon fiber one or maybe its the lighting haha

<---
ckh88ok is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2011, 09:18 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series lover

Yeah, the write up took a good bit longer than the install did... heck, the install took longer than it would have because because I kept stopping to take pictures.

The black A pillars, top, sail trim & spoiler are all painted that way; no CF installed on her. The black goes well with the Ameripol top too, but it's really just used to let in more light during the winter- I get hot enough in the summer without the top on!
Old 05-18-2011, 11:01 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Location: The Birthplace of Hot Rodding, Southern California. Suicide Riverside to be exact.
Rep Power: 20 maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!
maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Quote:
I would upload the PDF to this site, but haven't found a way to do so yet.

It's easy as pie, just edit your first post and below the reply area you'll see something called "Additional Options".

In there you are allowed to upload PDF files, using the "Manage attachments" feature.

maverick75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2011, 11:10 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah, the write up took a good bit longer than the install did... heck, the install took longer than it would have because because I kept stopping to take pictures.

The black A pillars, top, sail trim & spoiler are all painted that way; no CF installed on her. The black goes well with the Ameripol top too, but it's really just used to let in more light during the winter- I get hot enough in the summer without the top on!
oh gotha but still gotta say i love the yellow, mines all black with red flakes but you only see the flakes when you wash her or look very closey but it actually does change the color than it just being plan ole black

<---
ckh88ok is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2011, 02:30 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick75 View Post
It's easy as pie, just edit your first post and below the reply area you'll see something called "Additional Options".

In there you are allowed to upload PDF files, using the "Manage attachments" feature.
My problem there is that it only allows a PDF of just under 20 kB and my file is over 3 megs... I'd rather it be large enough with good quality pictures to do the job than to be in small parts that could get lost, so I guess it'll just have to stay a hosted file.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:42 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckh88ok View Post
oh gotha but still gotta say i love the yellow, mines all black with red flakes but you only see the flakes when you wash her or look very closey but it actually does change the color than it just being plan ole black
Thanks; I really like the yellow myself. It stands out (a good thing for a small car) and the black trim makes it stand out even more.
Old 05-18-2011, 03:59 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 9 WORPsol  is accepted as part of the communityWORPsol  is accepted as part of the communityWORPsol  is accepted as part of the communityWORPsol  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WORPsol Send a message via Yahoo to WORPsol

Quote:
I found mine in Nashville from a guy that parted out wrecked S2000s; got the pair for $350, but that was before all of the flooding hit there (his shop was down in the warehouse district along the river). I have no idea if he's still parting them or not, but I'm certain the place he was working out of when I got them from him got flooded last year.

I almost bought those from him. Didnt know when I was goin to be able to make the trip to get them. I emailed back and forth with him a few times and ended up having to pass on them. They look good in there. I do still plan on doing these. I have found them anywhere from the 350 to 2000 for the set.

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD, You wanna hit it but you know the consequences.
WORPsol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2011, 03:38 AM   #19 (permalink)
They call me Awesome!

Wow man, just got a chance to look through this write-up. OUTSTANDING work!

Have you checked
today?

Old 05-21-2011, 06:43 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series lover

Thanks; told you it was well done! Now you see why the file had to be hosted for viewing- it's just too big to be attached. The nice thing about it is that you can print it out and it will retain the exact formatting with all of the pictures in correct sequence with the text, making following it as you do the work a simple task.

I've got Sunny in pieces right now; everything north of the block is off and scattered about the shop as I take care of the head swap / water pump / front main seal / timing belt / replacement of all coolant & heater hoses and radiator. I had to modify a tool to turn my 10mm x 1.25 tap deep enough to chase the threads in the block for the ARP studs to thread in properly, but otherwise it's all going smoothly. I'm hoping to finish putting her back together this weekend.

Last edited by NN4S; 05-21-2011 at 06:48 AM.
NN4S is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in