DIY 2011 Mustang GT500 Heat Extractor Install - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2011, 04:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 18 Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Default DIY 2011 Mustang GT500 Heat Extractor Install

So with the turbo setup on here my hood gets hot as fuck just driving around, let alone ripping. The underhood temps are bad for just about everything. Horsepower, cooling, even stuff like brakes and power steering. So what do you do?

JDM hood tilt?

Or take a part off a 500 horsepower supercharged V8 beast and slap that bitch on your hood.

Here's the part number from Ford, they cost about $65.

AR3Z-16C630-AA

AR3Z- 16C630-AA MUSTANG HOOD INSERT FORD GT500 2010-2011

1 Measure twice... Measure one more time to be sure...

2 Cut once... Hopefully. Angle grinder with a big ass cutoff wheel works well. But I was able to get full penetration with just a 4" wheel.

3 Test fit that muf'.

4 Mask off your hood and spray the fresh metal you exposed by cutting with a little paint. Exposed steel will rust quickly!

5 Stick double sided foam tape on the underside... 5 feet of it should do.

6 Stick it on your hood and weigh the fucker down good. Give it an hour or so to stick properly before removing your weights.

Will post a finished pic once it's done sticking.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sentry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2011, 04:51 PM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 18 Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!

Here's how it looks on the Mustang.

And here's how it looks on my Civic hatch.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Sentry; 05-12-2011 at 06:54 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
i save your ass when you wreck

H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to H2Bcivic

i like how it fits perfectly on the raised part of the hood.. i like the idea.. lets see what it looks like finished!!
94 cx hatch: d16z6 same mods with 55 shot [email protected]
94 cx hatch: H2B JDM H22, b16lsd tranny +mods
1/4 - 11.719
MPH - 114.93
94 cx hatch: N/A b18c TBA
02 mustang gt: quick

Nitrous is like a hot girl with an STD... you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences
H2Bcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2011, 04:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 35 Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

Wonder if this would fit as good on a CRX?

"I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive."

R.I.P - Pat Primmer

Quote:
Beat them, cheat on them, treat them like shit and you'll get a hot woman that won't ever leave you. Women are a stupid breed that don't use fucking sense.
Black91CRXsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2011, 05:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

Probably. I'll go measure it for you.

32 inches across.

Last edited by Sentry; 05-12-2011 at 05:05 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 Kyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 21 reviews

I really like this. One of the best looking vent installs I've seen. Looks very functional!

Kyred is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2011, 05:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
jew
www.rifftrax.com

Rep Power: 16 jew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow upjew is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via MSN to jew

very nice. i fully approve of this mod. now we need some before and after temps of ambient air under hood and iat's.

Quote:
Whenever I pack something up, I take all the trash out of my car and use it for padding. Hamburger boxes, beer cans, whatever...A lot of times I'll even grab plastic bottles and put them in there. It's awesome.

jew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2011, 05:12 PM   #8 (permalink)

Rep Power: 17 90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano
90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

Nice! I think I'll be doing this mod as well.

2014 Fiesta ST

90civichillclimber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2011, 05:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 12 Demon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

hmmm i wonder how this would look with a black hood. not a bad idea. i can see its purpose, when i drive for long periods of time my brakes tend to get mushy and the fan kicks on alot in traffic

Demon_12-21-2012 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2011, 05:16 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon_12-21-2012 View Post
hmmm i wonder how this would look with a black hood. not a bad idea. i can see its purpose, when i drive for long periods of time my brakes tend to get mushy and the fan kicks on alot in traffic

Old 05-12-2011, 05:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 14 craze8 is learning the way of the Dcraze8 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to craze8

One of the local track guys has done something similar but with the EVO grill for the hood. Dropped his underhood temps enough to allow him to raise the boost a few more pounds while doing prolonged runs on VIR.

- Come hang out with our locals and see where we will be
93 Si Z6 w/ Boost -The Happy Meal lives!
99 Passat Wagen- The unexpected DD/Toy
89 Ford Probe GT- Yep its turbo.
craze8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2011, 05:21 PM   #12 (permalink)

slowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slowturbocx

Is curuous!!!lol
Seriously, I can't wait to see what it looks like finished.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:41 PM   #13 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 35 Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentry View Post
Probably. I'll go measure it for you.

32 inches across.
Well, the "valley" in the center of the hood is a little narrower than the "hump" on yours. I think I'd have to mount it a little farther back. Thanks for the measurement!

"I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive."

R.I.P - Pat Primmer

Quote:
Beat them, cheat on them, treat them like shit and you'll get a hot woman that won't ever leave you. Women are a stupid breed that don't use fucking sense.
Black91CRXsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2011, 05:47 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Location: The Birthplace of Hot Rodding, Southern California. Suicide Riverside to be exact.
Rep Power: 20 maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!
maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

I don't like those at all on mustangs, but they look good on sport compacts

maverick75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2011, 05:52 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 15 Wischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcano
Wischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcano
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentry View Post
So with the turbo setup on here my hood gets hot as fuck just driving around, let alone ripping.
I hear you on that! Mine gets pretty warm since I don't have a heat-shield on the manifold. When it rains, I get some nice steam off the hood lol.

Very nice DIY though!

I'm not a fan of the JDM Hood-Tilt either, but I need to better manage eBay temps.

This might just be a viable option!

Quote:
I mess with cars because it's more socially acceptable than a cocaine habit ... although the cocaine would probably be cheaper.
Wischmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2011, 05:53 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

hotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 30 reviews

That rocks! Will go good with my Jeep louvers

Quote:
Take it from somebody who has actually done it more then once and not read about it on the internet......
hotrodj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2011, 06:15 PM   #17 (permalink)

Alright so the double sided tape sucked dick. Trying this stuff now.

Old 05-12-2011, 06:38 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 12 Demon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

why not just drill holes and bolt that shit down? lol

Demon_12-21-2012 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2011, 06:39 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 flip8419 is learning the way of the Dflip8419 is learning the way of the D

full penetration with just 4" lol... u the man!! Anyhow cool mod. If the glue dont adhere it, why not just mold it into your hood?
flip8419 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2011, 06:42 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 9 SlowCivicEF will become famous soon enoughSlowCivicEF will become famous soon enoughSlowCivicEF will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

i want real louvers in my hood. i just have no idea who does that sort of work anymore.

may have to hit up the local hot rod show and ask around.
Quote:
yes, I know, but my donkey who shits my money is far from superior

SlowCivicEF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.d-series.org/forums/diy-forum/147352-diy-2011-mustang-gt500-heat-extractor-install.html
Posted By For Type Date
Engine Compartment Venting - Page 6 - Fuel Economy, Hypermiling, EcoModding News and Forum - EcoModder.com This thread Pingback 01-20-2013 08:23 AM