So you bought OBX ITBs and they don't fit.(don'y cry 56k.) - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2011, 02:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
The Great Weldini

Rep Power: 32 remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 54 reviews
Send a message via AIM to remoer Send a message via MSN to remoer Send a message via Yahoo to remoer
Arrow So you bought OBX ITBs and they don't fit.(don'y cry 56k.)

first and foremost, this will voild the warranty of your OBX ITBs(like everything we do does.) and if you attemp to do the samething i did in this threadand you **** up. don't blame me, i gave you fairwarning. anyway now i shall start.

So i saved up some money for sometime and i decided to splurg since i am in the mist of a new build. why, since my motor is done and drives great. well why not. lol.

i went on ebay and picked up a set of OBX ITBs. now i've seen the all the bad things ppl say about OBX. well alot of it is true, but what ppl tend to forget that when you're building a car, custom or whatever, nothing is never plug and play. there's always a bit of fabbing you need to do.

so i try to put itbs on my head i had to force it and it bowed. i know i had to do a little fabbing to make it work. i bought a ZCSpeed adapter plate to make this fit on my DOHC ZC. jlicrx from thezcr.com ask me for some pics since he fabs the adapter plates and this is kind a a new spin on a itb build. he notice the misalignment i explain to him i know it wasn't his adapter plate but the OBX ITBs. so i started to do work.

so here is my OBX ITBS apart ready to start some work.

here's the flange that need works

now here is the OBX ITBs on the DOHC ZC ZCSpeed adapter plater

the OBX ITB flange on a D16 non-vtec head

i knew it wasn't the flange for the simple reason here's a SOHC gasket on the flange.

The suspension should always be faster than the engine - BMW

The term stage was created to make mentally slow ppl feel physically fast.

my DOHC ZC - 133.73whp and 108.48wtq (tuned on a Dynojet)
remoer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2011, 02:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
The Great Weldini

remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
Send a message via AIM to remoer Send a message via MSN to remoer Send a message via Yahoo to remoer

and here's the OBX ITB gasket that came with the itbs. it doesn't fit.

now here's what i did is i placed the gasket on the itbs aligned it and marked it where i need to shave.

now here's what it looked like when i opened the holes to align the gasket/head of the SOHC D16.

Old 05-12-2011, 02:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
The Great Weldini

now here's the runners alignments.

now here's my DOHC ZC with the adapter on.

now here's my DOHC ZC head with a D16y7/8 intake manni.

and now here it is with the OBX ITBs manni on.

Old 05-12-2011, 02:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
The Great Weldini

and now the DOHC ZC head, ZCSpeed adapter and OBX flange align of the runners. the alignment is almost perfect. why almost? well i still have to do some porting and polishing so it's still normal for a little alignment.

and six hours later of all the work here's my finish flange. well i still have to do some matching from the head to the adapter plate and to the OBX ITBs flange.

Old 05-12-2011, 02:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
The Great Weldini

now i'm gonna still need to post a couple more pics one of the coolant nipple and the TPS adapter i bought from Circuit Hero

just came in:

Circuit Hero TPS adpater

my coolant nipple i get from Summit...

and now the coolant nipple in. i might have to run the tap alittle deeper, so i can screw the nipple deeper

UPDATE: page 4

Last edited by remoer; 06-10-2011 at 06:51 AM.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!

Rep Power: 32 T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Nice job finising there job??? lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hella Flush.....Were waiting!

Xbox gamer tag: THErealTMACK
T-MacK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2011, 02:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-MacK View Post
LOL

mmmm ITB's

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
you will get stuck in the "willfully ignorant" category and I will do what I can to see that you never get an answer to any question you ever ask on this forum again.

BiggieBert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2011, 02:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

jesus those stock zc ports are SOOO BAD!!! look at that casting flash!!!

keep up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2011, 02:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob

Rep Power: 43 mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

Remo, have I told you lately that you have to be, in fact, the baddest motherfucker on the east coast?
Tyranny does not always burst through your front door wearing body armor and brandishing an assault rifle. Sometimes, it waltzes through your living room and sweeps you off your feet. Sometimes, it promises warmth and safety. Sometimes, tyranny invites you out to the party and makes you feel like you belong.
Quote:
and yes, i is a accedentally bamf status
Quote:
Holly hell man! I couldn't do that much damage to a motor on a three day weekend/bender with a jackhammer and a quest from the Lord.
mindless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2011, 02:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

Damn, that was quite a bit off. Not a terribly hard fix though. Porting looks good, I hope these work out well for you.

lol @ the casting flash in the DOHC ZC ports, definitely need bowl work

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2011, 02:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

sheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindless View Post
Remo, have I told you lately that you have to be, in fact, the baddest motherfucker on the east coast?
word

Quote:
Why the hek you driving over 4k rpms? What are you, a street racer? LOL
sheasekhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2011, 02:55 PM   #12 (permalink)
yEaH tHaT gUy!!!

Rep Power: 32 Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Onatop Send a message via Yahoo to Onatop

WOW remo.

u have become one bad sommomobish with fab and adaptation

very fucken sexy

Often replicated but never DUPLICATED & NEVER done like D&M Tuning
Onatop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2011, 03:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
The Great Weldini

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-MacK View Post
i'm working on it. Eh?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggieBert View Post
LOL

mmmm ITB's
i know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by danz View Post
jesus those stock zc ports are SOOO BAD!!! look at that casting flash!!!

keep up the good work
i'm trying to take my building up to another level.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindless View Post
um, yeah... you're still not getting my Bud Light. lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan89crx View Post
Damn, that was quite a bit off. Not a terribly hard fix though. Porting looks good, I hope these work out well for you.

lol @ the casting flash in the DOHC ZC ports, definitely need bowl work
thank ryan. the OBX ITBs are build stout granted alot of the headach has to do with the casting and drill other than that they are great.

so i went to drop off my DOHC ZC short block at the machine shop to start getting work done and he asked me to do some work for him on a 240sx head. so i started cracking out on some head work.

i have to do my DOHC ZC head, three D16 SOHC nonvtec heads, one d16 Vtec head and a 240sx. fuck i have a lot of work to do. lol.

thats why i started on this OBX ITBs.

Old 05-12-2011, 03:01 PM   #14 (permalink)
The Great Weldini

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheasekhatch View Post
word
thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onatop View Post
WOW remo.

u have become one bad sommomobish with fab and adaptation

very fucken sexy
don't forget welder too. lol.

Inconel soon to be welding on...

Old 05-12-2011, 09:05 PM   #15 (permalink)
\/ apply baby lotion here \/

Rep Power: 46 Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 136 reviews

eh, just off by a cunt hair

good shyt mang

Pata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2011, 09:11 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 12 kaiba  is accepted as part of the communitykaiba  is accepted as part of the communitykaiba  is accepted as part of the communitykaiba  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Same problem I got with mine. Easy fix.
kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2011, 10:46 PM   #17 (permalink)
formerly allnaturalrex

Rep Power: 22 greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!
greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to greasemonkey89

awesome work finishing off there lack of work lol. its going to be awesome when its all said and done and tuned.

"Aircooled Enthusiast/ D-Series Fanatic"

Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #2
greasemonkey89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2011, 05:25 AM   #18 (permalink)
The Great Weldini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pata View Post
eh, just off by a cunt hair

good shyt mang
good enough for the girls i go out with. lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiba View Post
Same problem I got with mine. Easy fix.
it wasn't hard to fix but it takes time to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greasemonkey89 View Post
awesome work finishing off there lack of work lol. its going to be awesome when its all said and done and tuned.
told you i'm on a mission on my next build.

Old 05-13-2011, 05:38 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Speedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 40 reviews

Very nice I'm tempted to put these on the Crx....

How's the throttle cable and tps setup look?

240,000 miles and counting turbo EH9
nothing like 4drs, ac,moon roof, and 4 whores and running 13psi out or a ching chong t3/t4 setup
the build

if it survives the winter JdM d15b+Vitara+FJT+25psi=

professional tranny assassin, 2 stock diffs in 4 weeks on street tires and preload was used
Speedjunky01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2011, 05:44 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 12 kaiba  is accepted as part of the communitykaiba  is accepted as part of the communitykaiba  is accepted as part of the communitykaiba  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedjunky01 View Post
How's the throttle cable and tps setup look?
You need to get a tps adapter which can found at circuithero.com

As the throttle cable. You can use your stock but you'll need to be creative.
kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in