-6 Fuel Feed Line - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2011, 05:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
gonzo

theidealone It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Default -6 Fuel Feed Line

I just did my fuel lines in my car, and just thought I would post up. Use this as a reference, write up, whatever.

I have an in tank Walbro 255, and an in line Walbro 255. If you dont have an in line, you wont need the 2 extra fittings, and break in the line. Just go straight from the tank to the rail...

I did some research, and shopping around. Came to the conclusion that the Jegs (Jegs.com) "brand" fittings and lines were the cheapest route, and their fittings are a very good quality (some say that Aeroquip makes them. We know Jegs doesnt). A few fittings that I needed, Jegs doesnt make. So I ordered those from Earl's (ANplumbing.com). This is what I used:

-6 AN Wrench. Keeps you from over tightening or marring up the finish.

JEGS Performance Products 80551 JEGS AN Fitting Wrenches

-6 Nylon Braided Hose. Just like Ear's Pro Lite hose. I ordered 10', used about 9'. (EF/ED hatch)

JEGS Performance Products 110912 JEGS Pro-Flo 350 Series Braided Hose

-6 Straight Hose End. I needed 4. If you dont have an inline pump, you only need 2.

JEGS Performance Products 110001 JEGS AN Hose End Fittings - Black

-6 to 10mmx1.00 Adapter (for Walbro 255 in line/external pump). You need 2.

Russell 670480 Russell AN Male to Metric Male Adapter Fittings

-6 Competition Russell In Line Filter. 40 Micron

Russell 650133 Russell Competition Fuel Filters

90* -6 to 12mmx1.25 Adapter. Part # AT949091

AN PLUMBING.COM Earls performance products, Hose ends Hose,Adapters, fittings

90* -6 Female Coupler. Part # AT935106

-6 to 12mmx1.25 Adapter. Part # 991945 (Everyone should rep z6civicex for this part number. I couldnt figure it out it online for the life of me. No one ever posts what the thread pitch for the stock rail is.)

Last edited by krychek57; 10-04-2011 at 05:22 AM.
theidealone is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2011, 05:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
gonzo

Every car will be different, in what you need to do to access the lines, pump, etc. In the EF/ED, you need to drop the tank.

Once you have the tank out or access to the fuel pump door, remove the Banjo bolt and stock feed line from the top of the pump. Replace the banjo bolt/fitting with the 90* -6 to 12mmx1.25 fitting, using the supplied crush washer/rubber seal.

Remove the stock feed lines, filter, etc.

Take the original banjo stud/bolt out of the fuel rail. I used vice grips, as I wont be reusing this.

Install the straight -6 to 12mmx1.25 fitting into the fuel rail, using the supplied crush washer.

I wont do a write up on how to make braided and AN lines. There are a few of those on the internet, YouTube, etc.

Assemble one of the straight -6 hose ends to one of the braided line. Then install one end to your fuel filter, and on the other end of the filter install the -6 female coupler. (AFAIK, if there is no arrow on the filter, it is bi-directional. If yours has an arrow, have that pointing towards the rail)

Then connect your other end of your coupler to the fitting on the fuel rail, and route your hose.

Then route your hose in the path you want it to go. Mine went down the firewall, between the sway bar and rack, and down the exhaust tunnel. Then back over to the driver's side of the tank, along where the stock line went.

I then installed my -6 to 10mmx1.0 fittings with supplied crush washers, into both ends of my in line/external Walbro.

I then had to find a spot in the tunnel that I wanted to mount the pump. From there I could mock up the tank, the routing, and figure out where to cut my lines, and assemble the hose ends. I marked my cutting points with electrical tape, by wrapping it. Then I could cut through the tape, and hold the braid together.

Once I had everything marked, I pulled my fuel line back out of the car, so I could cut it. I cut accordingly and installed my hose ends like the previous hose ends.

I then reinstalled my hoses (mine being 2 pieces, because of my external fuel pump), and this time tightened everything up with my -6 wrench.

Last edited by krychek57; 10-04-2011 at 05:22 AM.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
gonzo

Once you get your lines tightened back up, you can start putting everything back together. Put the tank back up, place hose cushion clamps anywhere you feel necessary, to keep the hose out of harms way.

Hopefully this helps someone down the road.

Last edited by krychek57; 10-04-2011 at 05:23 AM.

Old 05-11-2011, 05:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
noob

z6civicex It's a JDM Star Bitches....z6civicex It's a JDM Star Bitches....z6civicex It's a JDM Star Bitches....z6civicex It's a JDM Star Bitches....z6civicex It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 31 reviews

good write up! I should have posted up the info a long time ago! rep for you!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
z6civicex is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2011, 06:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
gonzo

Last edited by theidealone; 09-23-2011 at 10:42 PM.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 21 boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 55 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostedsohc

great write up. that fitting wrench is pretty cheap too! i know the earls ones are terribly exspensive
11.2 @121mph 1.9 60ft missing 4th
1.77 is the best 60ft so far

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote:
Cheap, Fast, Reliable
You may only pick two!
Quote:
bottles are for babies.... boost gets you laid
boostedsohc is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2011, 05:20 AM   #7 (permalink)
formerly Kit88

Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 76 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Hugo Boost

rep for great write up

You must add the wiring diagram for the in-line pump , and this thread will be complete.

Thanks to my sponsors:

FJ Distributors, Special Project Motorsports (Kiwi) ,Performance Porting,Transzex, Alexracing, RSM motorsports, Go-Autoworks, D-series.org, SpeedFactory, Bisimoto
Hugo Boost is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2011, 09:51 AM   #8 (permalink)
gonzo

Last edited by theidealone; 09-23-2011 at 10:42 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:09 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 49 reviews

good write up! how much space is there between the fitting in the fuel pump housing and the body?

PM me for obd1,obd2 & k-series tucked harnesses

all so do vtec sub-harness

MAGIC-WIRES FOR YOUR ENGINE HARNESS NEEDS

instagram @magicman9won4
2jzdreamin is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2011, 01:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 17 racejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcano
racejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Nice job. I am going to do the same this summer. Whats in the works for the return? How much out of pocket so far?
racejunke13 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2011, 01:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
gonzo

Last edited by theidealone; 09-23-2011 at 10:43 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:34 PM   #12 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Just started this today and hopefully ill get done with my -6 setup tomorrow..Thanks for all the part numbers it helped alot.
bowtiecity is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2011, 10:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
gonzo

Old 08-12-2011, 07:33 AM   #14 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....
iTrader Score: 47 reviews

Great write up +1 rep. Also, did you just run the fuel line in the exhaust well, and then just go straight to the fuel rail or did you go through the car?

ZCHONDACRX91 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2011, 08:44 AM   #15 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 20 the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCHONDACRX91 View Post
Great write up +1 rep. Also, did you just run the fuel line in the exhaust well, and then just go straight to the fuel rail or did you go through the car?
if you look at the pics you can clearly see the lines running under the car the whole time.

92 teg ( new project)
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys with d series motors under the hood.

R.I.P Pat PRIMMER! You will be missed.

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
the hoove is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2011, 10:22 AM   #16 (permalink)

Rep Power: 18 Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!
Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Egwhite

Nice write up curtis. rep

Hello noob meet.....Google
Egwhite is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2011, 10:36 AM   #17 (permalink)
gonzo

Old 08-22-2011, 11:21 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all99ctrhatch is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 99ctrhatch Send a message via MSN to 99ctrhatch

Do you use a different return?

99ctrhatch is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2011, 12:07 PM   #19 (permalink)

Rep Power: 11 NightCat is obviously a regularNightCat is obviously a regularNightCat is obviously a regularNightCat is obviously a regularNightCat is obviously a regularNightCat is obviously a regularNightCat is obviously a regularNightCat is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Looks good Curtis!! you had some damn good passes at Street Tuner man!!

"A turbocharger...exhaust gasses go in and spin the turbine, witchcraft happens and you go faster" - Jeremy Clarkson