My EF back seats with headrests. DIY (DONE THE RIGHT WAY) - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org » D-series Knowledge Factory » DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2011, 07:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default My EF back seats with headrests. DIY (DONE THE RIGHT WAY)

At one point in time, About 6 years ago. I had JDM rear seats in my 90 Si. I sold them along with the car. I liked them all except I hate when things dont match. I didnt have JDM front seats, So I just thought it looked odd. Anyway. Now With my new ride. I decided to use 90 91 si front head rests for rear ones. Ya they are a couple inches taller. But I still like it, Some dont, But thats ok with me.

91_si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2011, 07:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
They call me Awesome!

Rep Power: 38 awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

That's pretty awesome, nice work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Have you checked
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
today?

Don't get your feelings hurt over some idiot's personal opinion, especially MINE!!!
awebb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2011, 08:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 bigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 50 reviews

do a more thorough diy this can be helpful to a few people

Old 04-09-2011, 09:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigluelok View Post
do a more thorough diy this can be helpful to a few people
^This^

Right now this belongs in the showcase, you need to share a bit of the methods, make it a useful DIY.

If you just wanted to show us you did it and not share the method then that's fine, its just in the wrong section.

89s1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2011, 09:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Bad the F Ass... looks like stadium seating lol I love it
someone else."
"There’s a difference between knowing the path and walking the path"
nickscivicsi69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2011, 10:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
Pew Pew!

Rep Power: 23 Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 50 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sammo115

Interesting!!!
Sammo115 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2011, 10:58 AM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Default DIY Rear hearrests 88-91 hatch.

Sorry about the vague or non existent DIY description. I was in a hurry when I posted it. I used two front Si seats for the mounting. I didn't have to destroy two front Si seats to do it, But i had them laying around. I could Have used Dx seats. Dismantling the rear seats was simple, You can see when taken apart that the foam is molded so that JDM headrests can be used. I thought that was interesting. I believe the spacing for the posts is also the same width as CRX Si headrests. Anyway I cut them out the front seats, with the material just laying on top of the metal frame of the rear seat, I Measured to the center of the (Center material strip) on the back seat. marked it and then cut the metal tubing out. Just so happens that the rear seat frame has the same size tubing, So it fit like it was supposed to be there. I knew the headrest was going to be a lot taller than the JDM ones, I dont have a pic of it but on the underneath side of the plastic insert, You will be able to see that it has about a 1/2 inch or so of plastic that I cut off so that when inserted into the metal, They sat that much farther down. I then put the plastic insert into the cut out metal piece, then the headrest, Then put the back seat back in the car (without the foam or material) put the cut out piece with the headrest in it. I held it in place so that the headrest was straight up and down, Then tack welded it. I then took the seat out, Pulled the headrest and plastic insert out and finished welding it. on the back side of the foam, where the new metal piece and headrest posts go, You will need to cut the foam down so when its all put together, It doesn't push it out and make a big bump. Then put it all together and repeat.

If anyone has questions, Fell free to ask.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:02 AM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91_si View Post
Sorry about the vague or non existent DIY description. I was in a hurry when I posted it. I used two front Si seats for the mounting. I didn't have to destroy two front Si seats to do it, But i had them laying around. I could Have used Dx seats. Dismantling the rear seats was simple, You can see when taken apart that the foam is molded so that JDM headrests can be used. I thought that was interesting. I believe the spacing for the posts is also the same width as CRX Si headrests. Anyway I cut them out the front seats, with the material just laying on top of the metal frame of the rear seat, I Measured to the center of the (Center material strip) on the back seat. marked it and then cut the metal tubing out. Just so happens that the rear seat frame has the same size tubing, So it fit like it was supposed to be there. I knew the headrest was going to be a lot taller than the JDM ones, I dont have a pic of it but on the underneath side of the plastic insert, You will be able to see that it has about a 1/2 inch or so of plastic that I cut off so that when inserted into the metal, They sat that much farther down. I then put the plastic insert into the cut out metal piece, then the headrest, Then put the back seat back in the car (without the foam or material) put the cut out piece with the headrest in it. I held it in place so that the headrest was straight up and down, Then tack welded it. I then took the seat out, Pulled the headrest and plastic insert out and finished welding it. on the back side of the foam, where the new metal piece and headrest posts go, You will need to cut the foam down so when its all put together, It doesn't push it out and make a big bump. Then put it all together and repeat.

If anyone has questions, Fell free to ask.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in