Obd2 harness to Obd1 Distributor conversion harness - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2011, 11:37 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Obd2 harness to Obd1 Distributor conversion harness

I just made a conversion harness for a 0bd1 disributor to go into my obd2a civic. some wires seem like they arent in there right place. here is a pic of the harness and a little guide i follow for the difference in color of the wires. if anyone has done this please post some info
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Obd2 Harness to Obd1 Distributor.jpg
Views:	30491
Size:	542.7 KB
ID:	27387   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wire Differences.jpg
Views:	23293
Size:	540.9 KB
ID:	27388   Click image for larger version

Name:	OBD Wire color differences.jpg
Views:	32552
Size:	514.8 KB
ID:	27389  
dunkedek9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2011, 07:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 14 schardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

have you tested it yet? i need to do this....
Old 04-03-2011, 07:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by schardbody View Post
have you tested it yet? i need to do this....
why not just buy one from MSD?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2011, 02:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
yEaH tHaT gUy!!!

Rep Power: 32 Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Onatop Send a message via Yahoo to Onatop

not bad.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Often replicated but never DUPLICATED & NEVER done like D&M Tuning
Onatop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2011, 04:42 AM   #5 (permalink)

no i have not tested it yet but i am going to test it tonight.

i didnt buy one because i had all the supplies to make one. i have a left ver obd1 harness
Old 04-05-2011, 10:07 AM   #6 (permalink)

Rep Power: 14 schardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to allschardbody is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
why not just buy one from MSD?
MSD doesnt make one. they make an obd1 harness to obd2 dizzy, i need obd2a harness to obd1 dizzy.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:04 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
MSD doesnt make one. they make an obd1 harness to obd2 dizzy, i need obd2a harness to obd1 dizzy.
Has anyone done this??
Old 04-05-2011, 06:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
yEaH tHaT gUy!!!

Rep Power: 32 Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
i need obd2a harness to obd1 dizzy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkedek9 View Post
Has anyone done this??
i have LOL

Old 04-05-2011, 06:11 PM   #9 (permalink)

sorry Onatop, but passwordJDM sells them cheaper than you. and ship Free.

Password:JDM Distributor Jumper Harness | Password JDM
Old 04-05-2011, 06:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
\/ apply baby lotion here \/

Rep Power: 46 Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 136 reviews

Quote:

Password:JDM Distributor Jumper Harness | Password JDM
that's because passwordGayDM is cheaper then Onatop

I can beat that price...

Pata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2011, 06:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
yEaH tHaT gUy!!!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pata View Post
that's because passwordGayDM is cheaper then Onatop

I can beat that price...
^^^
this LOL

Old 04-05-2011, 06:45 PM   #12 (permalink)

well damn, both of you need to PM me a price shipped.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:19 PM   #13 (permalink)

Onatop do the pictures that i posted look correct.. Also it say that the obd1 blue/white wire is suppost to go to the red wire on the obd2 plug. i just connected the white and blue wire from the obd1 to the white and blue wire from the obd2
Old 04-06-2011, 01:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 49 reviews

it looks right from what i can see in the pic...

PM me for obd1,obd2 & k-series tucked harnesses

all so do vtec sub-harness

MAGIC-WIRES FOR YOUR ENGINE HARNESS NEEDS

instagram @magicman9won4
2jzdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2011, 02:02 PM   #15 (permalink)

ok well just to make sure this is what i have
OBD1 OBD2
slot 1. yellow green / yellow green
slot 2. blue / blue green
solt 3.orange blue / orange blue (very faded) dont know
slot 4.orange / orange (again very faded)
X
slot 6.blue yellow / white
slot 7.white blue / white blue
slot 8. white / blue yellow ?? (It says it needs to go to black there is none?)
slot 9. blue / blue
slot 10. black yellow / black yellow
Old 04-06-2011, 02:09 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 49 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkedek9 View Post
ok well just to make sure this is what i have
OBD1 OBD2
slot 1. yellow green / yellow green
slot 2. blue / blue green
solt 3.orange blue / orange blue (very faded) dont know
slot 4.orange / orange (again very faded)
X
slot 6.blue yellow / white
slot 7.white blue / white blue
slot 8. white / blue yellow ?? (It says it needs to go to black there is none?)
slot 9. blue / blue
slot 10. black yellow / black yellow
that sounds right...when i did mine the wires from both plugs where straight across...

PM me for obd1,obd2 & k-series tucked harnesses

all so do vtec sub-harness

MAGIC-WIRES FOR YOUR ENGINE HARNESS NEEDS

instagram @magicman9won4
2jzdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2011, 02:21 PM   #17 (permalink)

ok im going to go hook her up and do my ignition coil. hopefully post a pic of it out of the garage for the first time this year
Old 04-06-2011, 02:52 PM   #18 (permalink)
yEaH tHaT gUy!!!

well from the way your jumping matching colors is correct

Old 04-06-2011, 07:08 PM   #19 (permalink)

My jumper harness worked perfectly. my ek started right up! finally have a mini me heres a pic of the finished product
Old 04-06-2011, 07:10 PM   #20 (permalink)

Finished Product
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Finished product.jpg
Views:	8567
Size:	639.3 KB
ID:	27418  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in