DYI yellow auxiliar lights on a del sol - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2011, 02:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 del_sol_93 is learning the way of the Ddel_sol_93 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default DYI yellow auxiliar lights on a del sol

hi there I wanted to post a small DIY
i was bored at home and i decided to turn my del sol auxiliar lights to yellow ones not using a head light yellow film.
I was at the junk yard the other day and i found some yellow cylinders from a 90's lexus ES and i decide to put on my auxiliar lights here is what i did....

I had a spare auxiliar light on my garage so i worked in this first before i did to the ones on my del sol

tools you need is a dremel and Philips screw driver

you need this yellow cylinder you can find those on a 90's lexus es or and acura rl

i unmounted the auxiliar lamp from the metal bracket (it's optional i did unmounted because i wanted to repaint the metal bracket)

take it off the metal thing inside the lamp

u will have something like this
del_sol_93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2011, 02:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 del_sol_93 is learning the way of the Ddel_sol_93 is learning the way of the D

use your dremel to cut the inner part from the light bulb hole

after you cut it you insert the yellow cylinder in the lamp

you can use J&B welding to stick it together the cylinder and the lamp

and you have the results (use a h3 bulb for for the new cylinder and do a rewire for the new bulb)

and yellow auxiliar lights

i havent put them into my del sol yet, so i dont have some pictures how it would look like at night but everyone can get the idea. I hope you all like the small DIY.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 cmgogo is approaching greatnesscmgogo is approaching greatnesscmgogo is approaching greatnesscmgogo is approaching greatnesscmgogo is approaching greatnesscmgogo is approaching greatnesscmgogo is approaching greatnesscmgogo is approaching greatnesscmgogo is approaching greatnesscmgogo is approaching greatnesscmgogo is approaching greatnesscmgogo is approaching greatnesscmgogo is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Thats actually pretty damn innovative, mad props!
Now we just need to find the P/N for those inserts for those of us who dont ahve access to a lex at the yards. Im going to see how this will work out in the aftermarket housings also.

REP!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
cmgogo for gov. of California
Yeah... i'm THAT awesome
cmgogo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2011, 02:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

yeah it doesnt take more than 10 minutes
and thanks
Old 03-14-2011, 03:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
ministry of mayhem!

Rep Power: 48 eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to eddcartes Send a message via Yahoo to eddcartes

nice job. there is a write up on that for the DA integra; the acura legend fog light trick for the DA integra.
Evil spirits beautiful naked girl live boobs

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
I mess with cars because it's more socially acceptable than a cocaine habit ... although the cocaine would probably be cheaper.
Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #666!
rip emilio gallardo (milo). outstanding father, spouse, friend and member of dso. you will always be missed.

rip, patprimmer. last of the titans.

one thing i've learned from this job is to always keep a pack of cheese for your whine.

my ED6 build thread:

my dyno compe build:

eddcartes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2011, 03:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 xsenceo89x is fly like an eaglexsenceo89x is fly like an eaglexsenceo89x is fly like an eaglexsenceo89x is fly like an eaglexsenceo89x is fly like an eaglexsenceo89x is fly like an eaglexsenceo89x is fly like an eaglexsenceo89x is fly like an eaglexsenceo89x is fly like an eaglexsenceo89x is fly like an eaglexsenceo89x is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

I super glued my hids in. 4 years and counting! Might be an idea.

nice write up
Old 03-14-2011, 04:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

well i didnt know that was a write up already sorry
i was bored at home and did that
Old 03-14-2011, 04:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsenceo89x View Post
I super glued my hids in. 4 years and counting! Might be an idea.

nice write up
lol i did the same with my hid's and i had it for 3 years
now i had replacement with those
and thanks
Old 03-14-2011, 04:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 nicbo will become famous soon enoughnicbo will become famous soon enoughnicbo will become famous soon enough

nice write up i would have never thought of that
nicbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2011, 04:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

Makes me want a bumper with aux light. Good job man!
Delsol_d15b is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2011, 04:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

Or, if you don't want to cut up your stock housings(and don't mind the whole lens being yellow)

https://www.d-series.org/forums/diy-f...ogs-cheap.html

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2011, 04:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan89crx View Post
Or, if you don't want to cut up your stock housings(and don't mind the whole lens being yellow)

https://www.d-series.org/forums/diy-f...ogs-cheap.html

thats a good idea but i didnt like how those housings look on yellow
i like oem look, and since the insert is in you dont see yelloy the whole time lol
nice by the way
Old 03-14-2011, 04:36 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delsol_d15b View Post
Makes me want a bumper with aux light. Good job man!
thank you
i like the 93 bumper with aux lights
Old 03-14-2011, 04:48 PM   #14 (permalink)
ministry of mayhem!

Rep Power: 48 eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to eddcartes Send a message via Yahoo to eddcartes

Quote:
Originally Posted by del_sol_93 View Post
well i didnt know that was a write up already sorry
i was bored at home and did that
oh no you got me wrong. your write up is not a copy of the DA one. for starters you don't have to dremel the housing to put the yellow plastic, the DA have the provision already, so it is easier.

so rest easy, you did good.
Evil spirits beautiful naked girl live boobs

Quote:
I mess with cars because it's more socially acceptable than a cocaine habit ... although the cocaine would probably be cheaper.
Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #666!
rip emilio gallardo (milo). outstanding father, spouse, friend and member of dso. you will always be missed.

rip, patprimmer. last of the titans.

one thing i've learned from this job is to always keep a pack of cheese for your whine.

my ED6 build thread:

my dyno compe build:

eddcartes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2011, 04:55 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series lover

thanks and yeah the da came with that provision already i just read about it lol
Old 03-14-2011, 09:30 PM   #16 (permalink)
n00b

nice job. i just kept it simple and went to autosport plus and they ordered my yellow bulbs. lol im a lazy ass
Login | Facebook
turbo_sol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2011, 09:31 PM   #17 (permalink)
n00b

its a crappy pic but thats what mine look like. simple and cheap
turbo_sol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2011, 07:57 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series lover

yeah i thought about getting yellow bulbs but i had one and when one burned i had wait for a new order but with this i just go to any part store and get a h3 ,...............
thanks by the way
Old 03-21-2011, 07:37 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-series lover

nice!
Maple50175 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2011, 07:51 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series lover

thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in