How to replace valves - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2011, 07:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

medinabard It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to medinabard
Default How to replace valves

How to put back in valves.
medinabard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2011, 09:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
one grumpy old man

Rep Power: 19 Darin T is the fucking MAN!!!!Darin T is the fucking MAN!!!!Darin T is the fucking MAN!!!!
Darin T is the fucking MAN!!!!Darin T is the fucking MAN!!!!Darin T is the fucking MAN!!!!Darin T is the fucking MAN!!!!Darin T is the fucking MAN!!!!Darin T is the fucking MAN!!!!Darin T is the fucking MAN!!!!Darin T is the fucking MAN!!!!Darin T is the fucking MAN!!!!Darin T is the fucking MAN!!!!Darin T is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

that valve tool is sweet!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FARMYARD
10.677 @ 136.54 vitara z6/y8 2013
10.967 @ 129.57 vitara z6/y8 2012
10.437 @ 133.72 vitara a6/y8 2011
10.583 @ 137.00 vitara a6/y8 2010
Darin T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2011, 09:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 15 ogdougynutty is hot as a volcanoogdougynutty is hot as a volcano
ogdougynutty is hot as a volcanoogdougynutty is hot as a volcanoogdougynutty is hot as a volcanoogdougynutty is hot as a volcanoogdougynutty is hot as a volcanoogdougynutty is hot as a volcanoogdougynutty is hot as a volcanoogdougynutty is hot as a volcanoogdougynutty is hot as a volcanoogdougynutty is hot as a volcano

I have that tool!!! except its for my drag motors hooks up to the rockers, makes replacing valves springs a breeze............maybe it will work on my y8 hhhhmmmmmmm?
ogdougynutty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2011, 09:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 16 devilsnight  is accepted as part of the communitydevilsnight  is accepted as part of the communitydevilsnight  is accepted as part of the communitydevilsnight  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

I'm curious if that works for d's too. The web site lists twin cam motors only, is the spacing different maybe?
devilsnight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2011, 09:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

medinabard It's a JDM Star Bitches....
Send a message via AIM to medinabard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogdougynutty View Post
I have that tool!!! except its for my drag motors hooks up to the rockers, makes replacing valves springs a breeze............maybe it will work on my y8 hhhhmmmmmmm?
find out for us
medinabard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2011, 09:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 15 ogdougynutty is hot as a volcanoogdougynutty is hot as a volcano
ogdougynutty is hot as a volcanoogdougynutty is hot as a volcanoogdougynutty is hot as a volcanoogdougynutty is hot as a volcanoogdougynutty is hot as a volcanoogdougynutty is hot as a volcanoogdougynutty is hot as a volcanoogdougynutty is hot as a volcanoogdougynutty is hot as a volcanoogdougynutty is hot as a volcano

Mines a little different than the one pictured and red haha. Ill take a picture of it tomorrow. Ill give it a try on the d once i have some down time when i dont need my car
ogdougynutty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2011, 10:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
\/ apply baby lotion here \/

Rep Power: 46 Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 136 reviews

that thread is old and has been posted here a few times....

need better diy thread with D pics

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2011, 10:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 InvaderTrax is almost a somebodyInvaderTrax is almost a somebodyInvaderTrax is almost a somebodyInvaderTrax is almost a somebody
Send a message via AIM to InvaderTrax

Although I've never tried it on dual valve springs, I like my tool. No bolting and unbolting just push and go

InvaderTrax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2011, 01:48 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 12 RolexTM smells like BoratRolexTM smells like BoratRolexTM smells like BoratRolexTM smells like BoratRolexTM smells like Borat

man, using those types of compressor

is such a hassle. they tend to slip off and make the parts jump
in all directions (danger to eyes). i guess i have to look into
a better one like yours!

New: MFactory diff + carbon synchros.

E39 M5 as daily.
RolexTM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2011, 06:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 10 jumpncrash smells like Boratjumpncrash smells like Boratjumpncrash smells like Boratjumpncrash smells like Boratjumpncrash smells like Boratjumpncrash smells like Borat

Dude I use the big clamp one too and I don't think I've ever had it slip off, I've done a few engines with it too.

My favourite method for removal though is probly hammer and socket...only problem then is keepers, man those bastards can fly
jumpncrash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2011, 06:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

slowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slowturbocx

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvaderTrax View Post
Although I've never tried it on dual valve springs, I like my tool. No bolting and unbolting just push and go

Those work well for Hondas, but try using one of those on a Big Block dual valve springs. lol. The tried and trued C clamp is the way to go.
On second thought, i would like to try the bolt on type.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in