Diy timing belt and head swap. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2011, 05:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Diy timing belt and head swap.

I'm thinking about buying another another civic its a 95 ex with a 1.6 vtech I can get it for $500. The mechanic says the timing went bad in it and theres a 50% chances of the valves being bad. How much more work would I be looking at to fix this. He said I would have to swap the head or something after I fixed the timing. He owes me $500 so I'm thinking it could b a quick fix and a good gain for me cause he's gonna sell it after he fixes it anyway

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
cs89crxsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2011, 07:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 SteelCityZC will become famous soon enoughSteelCityZC will become famous soon enoughSteelCityZC will become famous soon enough

doing a head swap isnt to bad, but the biggest problem is the crank bolt. if it was me i would do it if i had the time and money to drop into it. because no one wants a paperweight in their driveway. i would do it, but take the top timing cover before you get it just to make sure your not getting yourself into something more. You also got to remember that the valves could have messed up the pistons and done more damage then what you can see. Good luck with it
3rd-d16a6 block with z6 head
SteelCityZC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2011, 06:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 11 4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to 4D2Envy

Why is this in the DIY section? Shouldn't this be in the "General Tech" Section?

Vtech?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"My Car Isn't Leaking Oil, It's Sweating Horsepower!"
4D2Envy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2011, 06:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

ok cool yeah I was going to replace the head gasket with a copper one I plan on turbo'n it out. I'm gonna get started on this when I get done researching the parts I need. I mean who does any major upgrades with out having another car right.

Old 01-13-2011, 06:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

I guess thats y im a noob and I remember u bombing on me the last time I tried to get some insight on were I'm going with this jyst call it another bone post like u do any other of my threads and ill think about that before I start wondering shit

Old 01-13-2011, 06:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 slammed91sedan is almost a somebodyslammed91sedan is almost a somebodyslammed91sedan is almost a somebodyslammed91sedan is almost a somebody

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4D2Envy View Post
Why is this in the DIY section? Shouldn't this be in the "General Tech" Section?

Vtech?
nah for real, its only common sense... all you have to do is read and youll know where to put shit. it isnt that hard.

Why did you even label it with a "DIY"?????
typical female, ANY mention of sex and suddenly a headache comes on. never fails to amaze me lol.
XBOXLIVE slammed91sedan
slammed91sedan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2011, 06:40 AM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

I labeled diy cause im going to and I didnt know my thread was gonna get jumped once again before it gets started maybe u wouldnt like to have me post my info and pix on a project. somone always tryna downplay someone u probably got ppl on the way to lock another thread

Old 01-13-2011, 06:52 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 slammed91sedan is almost a somebodyslammed91sedan is almost a somebodyslammed91sedan is almost a somebodyslammed91sedan is almost a somebody

got ppl on the way?? WT.... dude I don't have the power to lock a thread, but I'm almost positive it's gonna get locked. Go look at the other DIY threads. If your gonna DIY then actually DIY by taking pictures along the way and once it's done, then you should start the thread so ppl dont have to search through 10 pages of bullshit just to find out where your DIY actually starts. It's called common sense man. Glad I was this knowledgeable when I started my account on this site, which is the first forum I've ever joined btw and I figured it out just fine.
typical female, ANY mention of sex and suddenly a headache comes on. never fails to amaze me lol.
XBOXLIVE slammed91sedan
Old 01-13-2011, 06:56 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 11 4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to 4D2Envy

To keep it a smidge on topic OP like the user said in the second post. There is a nice chance your pistons were damaged as well. I would look for a nice longblock unless you know for sure the bottom end is all good. But for $500 I would say do it, You can get a Z6 for around $500 and you could probably flip the car for an easy $1600. If thats the way you want to go of course.

"My Car Isn't Leaking Oil, It's Sweating Horsepower!"
4D2Envy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2011, 07:07 AM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4D2Envy View Post
To keep it a smidge on topic OP like the user said in the second post. There is a nice chance your pistons were damaged as well. I would look for a nice longblock unless you know for sure the bottom end is all good. But for $500 I would say do it, You can get a Z6 for around $500 and you could probably flip the car for an easy $1600. If thats the way you want to go of course.
thanx man I'm starting this today due to dickheads itll b a while before im open aboutthis in going to get my car today and tow it home.

no thanx to dickhead I will talk about this when im done I. instead of posting a diy pic by pick hope I dnt leave pix out

Old 01-13-2011, 07:11 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 xylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcano
xylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcanoxylocramer is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 26 reviews

Good luck with the project.

crx hf racecar build:

Base by: Coolder

'93 Del Sol Si D16Z6
Stolen twice, recovered twice, sold once

'88 CRX hf D16Z6
build in progress
xylocramer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2011, 07:13 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs89crxsi View Post
cause he's gonna sell it after he fixes it anyway
sooo......you're doing it yourself????
XBOXLIVE slammed91sedan
Old 01-13-2011, 07:36 AM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

did u just automatically think I was on here buyin built s***

Old 01-13-2011, 07:38 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series lover

^ what???? LMAO
XBOXLIVE slammed91sedan
Old 01-13-2011, 08:14 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 flip8419 is learning the way of the Dflip8419 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

Wow...
flip8419 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2011, 08:20 AM   #16 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 42 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 143 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sleepingciv Send a message via MSN to sleepingciv Send a message via Yahoo to sleepingciv

sleepingciv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2011, 12:25 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 dseries16 smells like Boratdseries16 smells like Boratdseries16 smells like Boratdseries16 smells like Boratdseries16 smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

^^^^Lmao, Just way to funny
dseries16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2011, 05:02 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series lover

Im gonna help this damn no0b out who seems to not care about anything, give us shit, and demand us to help him for his rice up civic.

No offense, truth hurts, and yes, I'm an asshole.

READ THIS

https://www.d-series.org/forums/diy-f...rum-rules.html
XBOXLIVE slammed91sedan
Old 01-14-2011, 06:07 AM   #19 (permalink)
n00b

I didnt ask you for anything about wat I was gonna do, u ask me y it was n this section cuz u aint know if I was doin it myself u fuccn thread buster. u ain't help nobody do nthn but lock a thread dick mouth

Old 01-14-2011, 06:18 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs89crxsi View Post
cuz u aint know if I was doin it myself u fuccn thread buster. u ain't help nobody do nthn but lock a thread dick mouth
THAT
XBOXLIVE slammed91sedan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in