Virtual Dyno with ectune ^^ - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2010, 02:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 12 RolexTM smells like BoratRolexTM smells like BoratRolexTM smells like BoratRolexTM smells like BoratRolexTM smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Virtual Dyno with ectune ^^

Hi all

yes, i switched to ectune finally, and while [email protected] today i began thinking
of a program that translates my ectune logs into something dyno-like. if not
for comparing absolute numbers then this would be helpful to just compare
different runs of your vehicle with different settings. then i realized - its already here!

BradBarnhill.com

i quickly noticed that CSV exported ectune logs can not be read with it,
so i just wrote a quick script that converts ectune logs to something
virtual dyno can read.

Download it here

just place your csv file(s) in the "original" folder, run convert.bat - they get
moved into the "converted" folder - and open them there.

being quick and at work right now i could only find an ectune log without
afr's and boost logged. if anybody could quickly test this with a
complete log post a screenie here!

the software tries to seperate WOT sections and it seems to be fairly good
with this. the screenshot log had 2 wot sections and a short wot-blib
which seems to be the one strange hp line that goes backwards
- not sure with this one

if you want it super clean i guess you can always try to only do wot or 0% tps
or split your logs in multiple files...

to do: import honda tranny/weight specs. if anybody updates those with his
car just send me the XML config files and i will compile them together.

teaser pic:

this is 2 times the same ectune log just with different car settings - but
i guess it shows pretty nice what this prog does

€dit: i forgot something important
you need to customize your settings like this:

or get my columnames.xml file and place it in your virtual dyno folder:
here

New: MFactory diff + carbon synchros.

E39 M5 as daily.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by RolexTM; 12-15-2010 at 02:19 AM.
RolexTM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2010, 09:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 21 cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!
cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

Wow, looks nice

I'll see if this is compatible with the CSVs that Neptune throws out. If not, is it fine if I take your script and make whatever changes required and upload it here?
cyanide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2010, 01:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 12 RolexTM smells like BoratRolexTM smells like BoratRolexTM smells like BoratRolexTM smells like BoratRolexTM smells like Borat

of course. It is just some simple unix sed magic.

E39 M5 as daily.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 12-15-2010, 06:41 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thumbs up

You sir are awesome! i will save this and give it a try when i get my engine done
Hitechsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2010, 07:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series G0D

K2e2vin It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to K2e2vin

I wish someone would add aerodynamic correction to one of those types of virtual dynos.
1992 Honda Accord LX coupe

K2e2vin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2010, 11:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

For the EVO people it looks like it can be pretty accurate. Several
reports from 0.5-3 kw difference to the dyno, so i guess there is
already some math in there, although i do not see a way to enter the
cw value of your car

€dit: indeed there is something: you can set the Frontal Area and Drag Coefficient
(besides other things)

how to get your frontal area

i guess i will try this with my hatch

€dit 2:
found it

guys, we absolutely NEED to get this thing loaded with some honda specs and see what comes out!
(unfortunately no WOT pulls for me atm, my motor is waiting to get pulled and resurfaced -.-)

E39 M5 as daily.

Last edited by RolexTM; 12-16-2010 at 12:25 AM.
Old 12-16-2010, 01:14 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 21 cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!
cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexTM View Post
of course. It is just some simple unix sed magic.
I know lol. But some peolpe are anal about getting credit for whatever they do, so it's become a habit now. Thanks for your work. Will have to find time and log some data for this.
cyanide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2010, 09:15 AM   #8 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

i could log a pull in my D17 (actually i have some at home) and compare it to a recent dyno session...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2010, 12:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

send it! we just need to get the aero and gear infos of your chassis/tranny
and compare. i am sooooo interested to see!

E39 M5 as daily.
Old 12-16-2010, 01:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

there is a list of each civics drag coefficient and frontal area available on the internet. not too sure where, maybe i bookmarked it...

anyways ill see what i can do after work.

i would like to do a fresh pull for you to see, since i made some changes on the dyno. picked up 2whp by removing some timing.
Quote:
Old 12-16-2010, 01:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

K2e2vin It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to K2e2vin

wikipedia and ecomodders has a list(they may be the same list).
1992 Honda Accord LX coupe

K2e2vin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2010, 09:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

i already posted a list

Vehicle coefficient of drag specs - Mechanical Database

chassis weight and tranny ratios are known. so the only thing that is missing is danz's weight lol

E39 M5 as daily.

Last edited by RolexTM; 12-16-2010 at 09:56 PM.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:47 AM   #13 (permalink)

Rep Power: 9 TunedD16 will become famous soon enoughTunedD16 will become famous soon enoughTunedD16 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Damn this is pretty cool! I will have to try this!

SOHC FTMFW!!

My showcase thread

TunedD16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2010, 11:30 AM   #14 (permalink)
Classic Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexTM View Post
i already posted a list

Vehicle coefficient of drag specs - Mechanical Database

chassis weight and tranny ratios are known. so the only thing that is missing is danz's weight lol
188lb. haha
Quote:
Old 12-17-2010, 11:45 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....

Awesome! Gonna see if it will work with Freelog.

snm95ls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2010, 01:30 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

anything that outputs a csv file is super easy to adopt.for anything that outputs other formats you could create your own converter what is more or less complicated-depends if the format is known or if you have to reverse engineer it

E39 M5 as daily.
Old 12-17-2010, 02:04 PM   #17 (permalink)

Rep Power: 10 mitchel71 is learning the way of the Dmitchel71 is learning the way of the D

if you lower your car it'll change the drag coefficient. think about it, instead of more air under the car where it'll travel smoothish, your now forcing more air above the car where it hits the windshield and gets forced around it. i would imagine it would change a great deal

those numbers are for stock height and shape civics. i don't know about you guys but i modded my suspensions long before my engine.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:12 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

CFab It's a JDM Star Bitches....CFab It's a JDM Star Bitches....CFab It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Here is an output graph on a B16 Turbo EJ1 with B16 Trans I did last week. Just got around to setting up Virtual Dyno for my Crome CSV files.

This is close to what it should make. We'll be getting it on the Dyno pretty soon sometime. 304hp @ 7093 and 237lbft @ 6730 all on only 8 PSI, forged bottom end, OEM top end, .48 a/r exhaust, .63 a/r compressor ebay "50 trim".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Chris_Gallagher_Virt_Dyno.jpg
Views:	4115
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	26753  

I no longer tune, only on occasion
I fabricate
CFab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2011, 03:16 PM   #19 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

Good looking graph, I'd like to see how close it actually is.

I'm going to have to try this out

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2011, 06:40 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

why did you turn smoothing to 20, what did the graph look like
with the default setting?

E39 M5 as daily.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in