DIY:92-95 Civic Modified Stock Intake into CAI - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2010, 03:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 Jomama is obviously a regularJomama is obviously a regularJomama is obviously a regularJomama is obviously a regularJomama is obviously a regularJomama is obviously a regularJomama is obviously a regularJomama is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Thumbs up DIY:92-95 Civic Modified Stock Intake into CAI

Im not sure if anyone has done this yet. But I have been running this modified intake for 2 years now. You can run it with or without air filter. Totally up to you. I felt a big difference after I did it. I hope it helps you guys out without having to buy a CAI and modifying yourself one using the stock intake. My buddy did this to his and used it to run 14.8 1/4 mile so I know for sure it works!
I have not tried to dyno this but I know it works for sure. Let me know what you think =)
Keep in mind this is my 2nd DIY attempt haha. It's great for us CALIFORNIA guys to avoid them cops and fix it tickets!

You can use this idea on any of your cars. Just follow the same procedures.

Reps accepted =)

Here's what you need:
1. Dremel or anything that will cut through plastic.
2. Zip Ties
3. 10mm socket and wrachet
4. And of course, IMAGINATION!
5. Flat head
6. 94-01 Integra intake arm.
7. Zip Lock Bag (Used to cover intake reservoir.
8. DON'T FORGET YOUR BEVERAGE TO DRINK!

Mine is already cut out so you get the idea of how it works.
If you haven't taken off your stock intake yet, you should start by using the 10mm socket and loosening them bolts so you can get the whole intake reservoir box off including intake arm and filter box.

Here are the pictures.

This is how it should look. The hole is facing the front bumper so it gets the forced induction when you drive.

Inside the box.

Back View.
Some people do turn their car into artwork. Others turn their car into macaroni glued onto construction paper.

Last edited by Jomama; 12-12-2010 at 04:07 PM.
Jomama is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2010, 03:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 Jomama is obviously a regularJomama is obviously a regularJomama is obviously a regularJomama is obviously a regularJomama is obviously a regularJomama is obviously a regularJomama is obviously a regularJomama is obviously a regular

You can cut a hole or you can take off the bolt here to take off the big box and use the the U shaped part.

You can also cut holes in other spots of the box. Use your imagination.
Side of it with my finger pointed where you can cut.

And here's a part in the back where you can cut a hole too.
Some people do turn their car into artwork. Others turn their car into macaroni glued onto construction paper.
Old 12-12-2010, 03:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

This is the part where you use the zip lock bag or whatever you want to use to block it from sucking air from engine bay to get a stronger suction of cold air from the bottom box and tie it up using the zip ties or you can just slap on the cover. Make sure it is secured on tightly.

For the Intake arm part, force the integra intake arm over the air filter box and use a clamp to tighten it down.
I forgot to take pics of that part but I think its an easy job.
Heres how it looks. Bigger, more aggresive look lol. I'll take a better shot of it later.

After you have successfully and imaginatively cut where you want the hole, reinstall everything back on the car and take it for a test drive.
Congratz and pat your self in the back!

Last edited by Jomama; 12-12-2010 at 03:52 PM.

Old 12-12-2010, 04:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Theory of it all.

1. While driving air is diverted and driven into the box.
2. Air enters the box and into the tube.
3. Air is then sucked up through the tube into the intake arm and into the manifold.

You get the idea. My precious artwork masterpiece explaining it.
Old 12-12-2010, 04:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
VTEC withdrawals

Rep Power: 12 spoonsol is approaching greatnessspoonsol is approaching greatnessspoonsol is approaching greatnessspoonsol is approaching greatnessspoonsol is approaching greatnessspoonsol is approaching greatnessspoonsol is approaching greatnessspoonsol is approaching greatnessspoonsol is approaching greatnessspoonsol is approaching greatnessspoonsol is approaching greatnessspoonsol is approaching greatnessspoonsol is approaching greatness
Send a message via Skype™ to spoonsol

lol i love the last pic. whatever works for you brah

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
spoonsol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2010, 04:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Haha thanks! It sucks when you cant really go all out in cali so all you can do is just ghetto rig things to make them work.
Old 12-18-2010, 01:42 AM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

8. Don't forget your beverage to drink! Nice

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hmotors is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2010, 07:29 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 12 Demon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

good DIY. repped

Demon_12-21-2012 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2010, 01:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
FYB or FIU tune, pick 1

Rep Power: 9 Burton6431 will become famous soon enoughBurton6431 will become famous soon enoughBurton6431 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

lol someone needs to reproduce AEM carbs certified stickers, if i was in cali id slap tyhem on everything lol. Oficer pulls u over, u pop the hood and theres atleast 50 stickers under there, turbo aem carb, CAI aem carb, loud ass 3" catback... oh ya aem carb baby.
Burton6431 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.d-series.org/forums/diy-forum/140394-diy-92-95-civic-modified-stock-intake-into-cai.html
Posted By For Type Date
Civic EG :: View topic - Cold Air Intake Hole On Bumper This thread Refback 01-23-2013 06:37 PM