DIY Doom Robot - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org » D-series Knowledge Factory » DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2010, 02:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 25 speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!
speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 22 reviews
Default DIY Doom Robot

Am I going to explain how I made this? Sure, I guess.

1. Spend about 5 years collecting a bunch of car parts.
2. Buy a welder and learn how to weld.
3. Be a creative genius like your buddy foos.

Parts list

- 3 D16Y7 rods
- 2 D17 roller rocker arms
- 1 D16 wrist pin
- handful of SBC pushrods
- 2 SBC flat tappet rockers and springs
- 2 d-series girdle bolts
- 1 Nissan Frontier secondary oxygen sensor
- 1 upper half of stock 2-barrel SBC carb
- 2 74-79 Mustang ball joint thingees
- 2 SBC rocker washers
- 1 SBC exhaust valve
- 1 misc spring
- 1 K20A2 EVAP solenoid
- 2 links from a SBC timing chain
- 1 D16Y7 fuel injector
- 1 misc gear from a D15 tranny
- 1 misc shift lever from a D15 tranny
- 3 SBC rocker nuts
- Time.

Here's where we finished last night.

And after working probably another three hours tonight and we're done!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
speedfoos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2010, 02:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 JHMED73 is a name known to allJHMED73 is a name known to allJHMED73 is a name known to allJHMED73 is a name known to allJHMED73 is a name known to allJHMED73 is a name known to allJHMED73 is a name known to allJHMED73 is a name known to allJHMED73 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

lol nice!
JHMED73 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2010, 02:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 Mayfieldfour is starting to learn the ropesMayfieldfour is starting to learn the ropesMayfieldfour is starting to learn the ropesMayfieldfour is starting to learn the ropesMayfieldfour is starting to learn the ropesMayfieldfour is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

That's awesome! Nice work.

My 3 year old thinks it looks like Frenzy from Transformers...
Mayfieldfour is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2010, 02:54 PM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

lulz
Full_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2010, 03:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

sheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

when does it go to the for sale forum i see a bid race

Quote:
Why the hek you driving over 4k rpms? What are you, a street racer? LOL
sheasekhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2010, 03:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
formerly allnaturalrex

Rep Power: 22 greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!
greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to greasemonkey89

awesome looks like the little decepticon from transformers 2

"Aircooled Enthusiast/ D-Series Fanatic"

Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #2
greasemonkey89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2010, 03:08 PM   #7 (permalink)

Rep Power: 25 speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!speedfoos is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHMED73 View Post
lol nice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayfieldfour View Post
That's awesome! Nice work.

My 3 year old thinks it looks like Frenzy from Transformers...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Tilt View Post
lulz
Thanks folks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheasekhatch View Post
when does it go to the for sale forum i see a bid race
LOL - This one won't go for sale. Maybe some of the next ones we make, but not the first one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasemonkey89 View Post
awesome looks like the little decepticon from transformers 2
Is that the same one from the first movie - the one that turned into a phone (among other things)? Still haven't seen the second movie.

|
|
|
Old 11-28-2010, 03:12 PM   #8 (permalink)

thats bad ass i want one lol

chagy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2010, 03:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
formerly allnaturalrex

Rep Power: 22 greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!
greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to greasemonkey89

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfoos View Post

Is that the same one from the first movie - the one that turned into a phone (among other things)? Still haven't seen the second movie.
yea

"Aircooled Enthusiast/ D-Series Fanatic"

Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #2
greasemonkey89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2010, 03:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
I no longer haz teh pink eye! Iz got STINK EYE

Rep Power: 20 Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!
Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Bumpysbro

probably the coolest thing ive ever seen lol what did you use for the head and eyes? cant figure that one out, way too cool

oh and what is the fuel injector used for? hah
Quote:
I want your whale penis

I almost had you man....you almost had me? You never had me..You never had your car LOL

Last edited by Bumpysbro; 11-28-2010 at 03:32 PM.
Bumpysbro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2010, 03:30 PM   #11 (permalink)

LOL - that's the upper part of the SBC carb - jets and whatnot. It was the whole assembly.

|
|
|
Old 11-28-2010, 03:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
I no longer haz teh pink eye! Iz got STINK EYE

Rep Power: 20 Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!
Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Bumpysbro

lol awesome, looks like it would be fun to put in someones room at 3am and see if you could put LED's in his eyes to make them turn red hahah
Quote:
I want your whale penis

I almost had you man....you almost had me? You never had me..You never had your car LOL
Bumpysbro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2010, 05:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 chris worley is fly like an eaglechris worley is fly like an eaglechris worley is fly like an eaglechris worley is fly like an eaglechris worley is fly like an eaglechris worley is fly like an eaglechris worley is fly like an eaglechris worley is fly like an eaglechris worley is fly like an eaglechris worley is fly like an eaglechris worley is fly like an eaglechris worley is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpysbro View Post
lol awesome, looks like it would be fun to put in someones room at 3am and see if you could put LED's in his eyes to make them turn red hahah
hahahaha that would be awesome lol
chris worley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2010, 05:03 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 12 dan15b smells like Boratdan15b smells like Boratdan15b smells like Boratdan15b smells like Boratdan15b smells like Boratdan15b smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

very awesome man, i would rep if i could!!
dan15b is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2010, 05:18 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 stevenarroyo is a name known to allstevenarroyo is a name known to allstevenarroyo is a name known to allstevenarroyo is a name known to allstevenarroyo is a name known to allstevenarroyo is a name known to allstevenarroyo is a name known to allstevenarroyo is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

i wish i can making things that nice lol rep for you
and if i had extra money i would buy one

stevenarroyo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2010, 05:25 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 15 Wischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcano
Wischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

Sickkkk!

Crazy creativity.

Quote:
I mess with cars because it's more socially acceptable than a cocaine habit ... although the cocaine would probably be cheaper.
Wischmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2010, 05:41 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 12 slums is da #1 stunnaslums is da #1 stunnaslums is da #1 stunnaslums is da #1 stunnaslums is da #1 stunnaslums is da #1 stunnaslums is da #1 stunna

That's wicked creative.
Love how the "face" looks, totally clever stuff.
I'd love to see some sort of robot like this which has a household function; ie. holding the phone or something...
slums is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2010, 06:02 PM   #18 (permalink)
EF9
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 18 EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!
EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

repp'd!!

<- Deuce MKIa

<- Deuce MKIb
Will you make a contract with me? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Quote:
Magical spinning Doritos do not belong in cars...
EF9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2010, 06:19 PM   #19 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

lkailburn It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

badass!

-Luke
y7 block, deburred Vitaras/FJT Ibeams, Stg4 P&P y8 head, ported and matched y8 IM, ITR tb, wrx urboTurb, ramhorn, jrc 5" fmic, 450's, 2.5" dp, 3" exhaust, clutch specialties stg2, act 12lb, rebuilt y8 tranny, S300. 221whp/201wtq

2005 Legacy GT

My D16 Build

lkailburn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2010, 07:04 PM   #20 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 11 NightCat is obviously a regularNightCat is obviously a regularNightCat is obviously a regularNightCat is obviously a regularNightCat is obviously a regularNightCat is obviously a regularNightCat is obviously a regularNightCat is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

sick as faaaaaaaaaaawk.

Rep'd

"A turbocharger...exhaust gasses go in and spin the turbine, witchcraft happens and you go faster" - Jeremy Clarkson