Make your DC Header look new again (VHT Ceramic paint) - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2010, 09:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
\/ apply baby lotion here \/

Rep Power: 46 Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 136 reviews
Default Make your DC Header look new again (VHT Ceramic paint)

Allow me to show you how I painted my Dc sports Header today.

Here is my Before Pic

Header Out

Changed the oil while I was at it =P

More pics...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2010, 09:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 46 Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Here we go,
I used 600 grit sandpaper to sand down the surface a bit
(400 grit sandpaper would do also)

after using a few sheets if sandpaper, here it is ready for paint..

VHT Ceramic spray paint is what I used for this.
(This paint is teh sh!t)

Old 10-31-2010, 09:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

I don't need primer because I'm a cool guy

Couple of light coats and One Solid Coat...

3 more coats...
(Thanks to the Sun for helping me dry in between coats)

Old 10-31-2010, 09:09 PM   #4 (permalink)

Now, after a couple hours out letting it Dry, I washed my greasy/oily hands to handle Header and install carefully. I chose to cure paint installed...

Here She is

Important curing on Car instructions (Read Spray can),
I let motor idle for 10 min. and turned off for 10 min.
Then let motor again idle for 10 min. and turned off for 20 min.
Then I went to go grab something to eat and came right back home.

That should do it. Looks waaaay better!

Old 10-31-2010, 09:10 PM   #5 (permalink)

Now go paint yours and post them up

Old 10-31-2010, 09:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 11 NightCat is obviously a regularNightCat is obviously a regularNightCat is obviously a regularNightCat is obviously a regularNightCat is obviously a regularNightCat is obviously a regularNightCat is obviously a regularNightCat is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Whats the heat rating on the VHT Pat?

Curious if it would work for older faded Turbo Manifolds. Help bring an old ramhorn back to life.

"A turbocharger...exhaust gasses go in and spin the turbine, witchcraft happens and you go faster" - Jeremy Clarkson
Powered by
&
NightCat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2010, 09:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 49 reviews

looks good...reminds me that i have to do mine....

PM me for obd1,obd2 & k-series tucked harnesses

all so do vtec sub-harness

MAGIC-WIRES FOR YOUR ENGINE HARNESS NEEDS

instagram @magicman9won4
2jzdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2010, 09:22 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightCat View Post
Whats the heat rating on the VHT Pat?

Curious if it would work for older faded Turbo Manifolds. Help bring an old ramhorn back to life.
Flame proof Header Paint
Can says 1300-2000F (704-1093C)

hope that helps.

Old 10-31-2010, 09:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
gonzo

theidealone It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Ive always had the stuff peel off, and chip. But I didnt do the on car drying instructions. I cured mine in the oven. Id like to see if this actually stays or not.
theidealone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2010, 09:48 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theidealone View Post
Ive always had the stuff peel off, and chip. But I didnt do the on car drying instructions. I cured mine in the oven. Id like to see if this actually stays or not.
Prep'd it good?

can has instructions on curing in oven or on vehicle.
I ain't sticking no parts in the oven. Wife would throw a fit

I'll keep thread updated as time goes by.

Old 10-31-2010, 10:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
I also have a cool title

Rep Power: 22 98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!
98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 98CiviCn00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pata View Post
Prep'd it good?

LOL so would my wife...Looks good

Quote:
waiting to hear from this dude right now bout that tranny. lol...hopefully he will meet me somewhere.
98CiviCn00b is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2010, 10:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
gonzo

theidealone It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Quote:
Prep'd it good?

It was just scuffed with 400 grit. But it was brand new parts, cast manifold, turbine housing, and freshly welded dumptube. I used to do paint prep in a body shop, so I have some experience as well. I would say it was prepped well enough, it seemed to adhere great.

I probably didnt have it on the car for at least a week, after painting and baking, and within 2 days it bubbled and chipped off.

Hopefully you have a better experience, but even friends that did this on none turbo applications had poor results as well.

[EDIT] I recently used the rest of that can of paint on my new dumptube and downpipe, right before I wrapped them in header wrap. I should go pull that off ( not reusing the pipes anyways), and see what it looks like. If I remember, I will tomorrow.
theidealone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2010, 11:02 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 12 jdm_trai is learning the way of the Djdm_trai is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

siiiiccccckkkk. i might paint my stock header hahaha
Old 10-31-2010, 11:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 Jomama is obviously a regularJomama is obviously a regularJomama is obviously a regularJomama is obviously a regularJomama is obviously a regularJomama is obviously a regularJomama is obviously a regularJomama is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Woah... Great job Pata! I'm gona do this too =)
Some people do turn their car into artwork. Others turn their car into macaroni glued onto construction paper.
Jomama is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2010, 12:59 AM   #15 (permalink)
FF Misfit

Rep Power: 26 boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!
boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 24 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostdelinquent Send a message via MSN to boostdelinquent Send a message via Yahoo to boostdelinquent

That looks really good. I'm glad you're making good use of the header.
That's b/c he is a BAMF son haven't you seen his other threads? He drinks cocktails all day long and sits by the pool. That whole "chuck norris is a badass" thing is a true story based off of Jakes life.

You don't know? Better ask somebody.
boostdelinquent is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2010, 01:14 AM   #16 (permalink)
formerly allnaturalrex

Rep Power: 22 greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!
greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to greasemonkey89

had to repaint mine after i had the o2 bung welded on the correct side now just need to wrap it.

"Aircooled Enthusiast/ D-Series Fanatic"

Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #2
greasemonkey89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2010, 04:37 AM   #17 (permalink)
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!

Rep Power: 32 T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !T-MacK is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Now go paint yours and post them up
Cold day in hell before I paint my RMF header. lol.

Looks good bro, now get that e-bay cleaned up to match manh!

Hella Flush.....Were waiting!

Xbox gamer tag: THErealTMACK
T-MacK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2010, 05:42 AM   #18 (permalink)
ministry of mayhem!

Rep Power: 48 eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to eddcartes Send a message via Yahoo to eddcartes

looks good, pata!
Evil spirits beautiful naked girl live boobs

Quote:
I mess with cars because it's more socially acceptable than a cocaine habit ... although the cocaine would probably be cheaper.
Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #666!
rip emilio gallardo (milo). outstanding father, spouse, friend and member of dso. you will always be missed.

rip, patprimmer. last of the titans.

one thing i've learned from this job is to always keep a pack of cheese for your whine.

my ED6 build thread:

my dyno compe build:

eddcartes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2010, 06:53 AM   #19 (permalink)
Pew Pew!

Rep Power: 23 Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 50 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sammo115

HRMMM! I might just go ahead and do this to! Just got me a free DC header =) Orale!
Sammo115 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2010, 08:31 AM   #20 (permalink)
Asshole

Rep Power: 53 Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Chrisfrom1986

I thought I had pics but no. I had a 2 piece DC header that someone else painted with high heat paint and it turned a really bad ass bronze color the first time I started my car. I'm going to see if I can get it to happen again on my 1 piece DC.

Chrisfrom1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.d-series.org/forums/diy-forum/138567-make-your-dc-header-look-new-again-vht-ceramic-paint.html
Posted By For Type Date
...VHT primer... - Ford Maverick / Mercury Comet Forums This thread Refback 02-11-2013 09:45 AM
DIY: Polishing Stainless Steel, Chrome, Copper, and Metals. - Page 3 - 7th Gen Honda Forum - The #1 Community for 2001-2005 Honda Civic Enthusiasts This thread Refback 01-28-2013 09:24 AM
DIY: Polishing Stainless Steel, Chrome, Copper, and Metals. - Page 3 - 7th Gen Honda Forum - The #1 Community for 2001-2005 Honda Civic Enthusiasts This thread Refback 01-28-2013 03:42 AM