DIY: 94+ Integra Maplights in EG Civic - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2004, 09:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

Rep Power: 48 Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Levi Send a message via MSN to Levi
Default DIY: 94+ Integra Maplights in EG Civic

I wrote this how to article a few months ago and thought I would share it with you all.

I found a maplight on ebay for $7 shipped from a 94+ integra. These little lights are very handy. I hated always reaching back and clicking on my dome light when I wanted to see something.

Start off by removing your visors.

maplight:

Here is a pic of what the back of the light looks like. The light is grounded on the integra roof by the screws that hold it in place. Since the civic doesnt have that, I improvised. There were these pieces that clip in to the negative side of the light that ground themselves on the screw. I removed these. Then I used a spade terminal and clipped it right in on each side and connected it with a butt connector.

Now that you have the negative wires hooked up to the light, you want to ground it somewhere. I grounded mine on a sun visor screw.

Next comes the most difficult part of the install, cutting the headliner to make it fit. I measured, then measured again. I found out where the center was and marked off where I was going to cut. Here is what the hole looked like in mine before I cleaned it up a little. Dont mess up here because the only way the maplights are going to be held in is if it fits snug in there.

Next is getting a power source for the lights. Behind the A pillar is a white wire with a red stripe. You want to tap into this wire for power. This wire also goes to your domelight. I hate these connectors, but it works. Run the wire underneath the headliner and connect it to the maplights using another spade connector.

Since I made the hole a little smaller than the lights, I had to wrestle it in there a little bit to get it in right. It wont budge unless you really try to pull on it.

Here is what it looks like with both drivers side and passenger side maplights on. What is nice about the integra lights is that each side can be controlled seperately.

Reinstall everything and make sure all wires are hidden. Now you have maplights.

1996 Acura Integra LS Sedan

Laying Claim To My Own Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1996 Integra Project Car:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2004, 12:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

while some may consider it "ricey/JDM" it is very useful!!!!!!!

Nice short to the point writeup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2004, 04:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
Shackle me NOT!!!

flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....flatfourfan Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

good write up.............LMAO @ ricey/JDM........the week hate word
flatfourfan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2004, 07:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

Rep Power: 48 Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

you need superwhite bulbs that come in japanese packaging with japanese writing you cant understand to make them ricey/jdm! lol

Old 11-25-2004, 09:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
Premium Member

Location: In Pennsyltucky about 6 1/2 hours under civic4VW & 2.5hrs above Mods! (The sticks away from people)
Rep Power: 33 Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Rexinre Send a message via Skype™ to Rexinre

Very nice write up!!!

Check out my civic build here -->

Rexinre is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2008, 11:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
It's that time again

Rep Power: 31 EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 55 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EJ1 SCRAPPIN

damn i have the light and everything and was thinking of doing this....now i am for sure!

EJ1 SCRAPPIN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2008, 11:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
Let's Go Oakland!

Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....Psychoblue23 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Psychoblue23

sick wit it Levi. Rep

- Current Daily

- Family Car
Psychoblue23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2008, 11:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
Want access???

Rep Power: 1718005 modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 67 reviews
Send a message via AIM to modsHXcivi

Holy 4 year old thread ...this and the map pockets spells road trip .....

modsHXcivi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2008, 11:42 AM   #9 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

old thread but yet these things have come in handy numerous times over the last 4 years. still work perfectly too.

Old 12-19-2008, 11:53 AM   #10 (permalink)
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread

Rep Power: 45 E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 51 reviews
Send a message via AIM to E. Jeezy Send a message via Yahoo to E. Jeezy

Good job on the write-up Levi. Its good to know that 4 years later, they're still going strong.

"I dont like talking to car forum people as much as I used to so now I just stick to the picture threads." ~E. Jeezy

"I should have well over 30k posts but d-series.org doesn't take into account, all the shit that I talk."
~E. Jeezy

"I'm so awesome that I quote myself in my own signature."
~E. Jeezy
E. Jeezy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2008, 01:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
Well?

Rep Power: 33 1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 38 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 1.5Slowmatic

im glad i have a map light and dome light already in my car, but nice write up man
Quote:
Nate is seriously one of those angry white men you read about all the time.

Headlight Harness DIY Upgrade
DIY Ice Box Intake
Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #7
1.5Slowmatic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2008, 01:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 keto06 smells like Boratketo06 smells like Boratketo06 smells like Boratketo06 smells like Boratketo06 smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to keto06 Send a message via MSN to keto06 Send a message via Yahoo to keto06

Quote:
Originally Posted by modsHXcivi View Post
Holy 4 year old thread, Batman

I My Honda Civic!

Paypal:

keto06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2008, 08:35 PM   #13 (permalink)
formerly Kit88

Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 76 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Hugo Boost

I like it, now I need to get one of these for my hatch.

Thanks to my sponsors:

FJ Distributors, Special Project Motorsports (Kiwi) ,Performance Porting,Transzex, Alexracing, RSM motorsports, Go-Autoworks, D-series.org, SpeedFactory, Bisimoto
Hugo Boost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2008, 03:39 AM   #14 (permalink)

DO you know if these would fit in the EX coupe with the sunroof?
Lowclass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2008, 08:12 AM   #15 (permalink)
It's that time again

Rep Power: 31 EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 55 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EJ1 SCRAPPIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowclass View Post
DO you know if these would fit in the EX coupe with the sunroof?
they should but im not 100% but ill let this tread know if so cuz ill be doin the mod here soon.....prolly next weekend

EJ1 SCRAPPIN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2009, 07:40 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ1 SCRAPPIN View Post
they should but im not 100% but ill let this tread know if so cuz ill be doin the mod here soon.....prolly next weekend
Keep us posted because i atleast want to know lol.
Lowclass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in