DIY CRX front on Civic ED/EF - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2010, 06:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default DIY CRX front on Civic ED/EF

HI all,

i've seen soo many topics with the Q: is it possible?
yeah it is. however the crx and 4thgen is getting less common these days, so it would be a little late but i thought it would be a good thing to write a diy anyway

here is a DIY for you all with pictures.

strip it

crx fender and crx bumper mounted.
With the crx bumper, you MUST remove the bumpermounts on the frontend of the car. otherwise the bumper will stick out a few cm's and creates an ugly emptyplace under the headlights.
I used the Civic innerbumper piece.

the difference with the fenders and notice the gap..

and ACTION!.... Cut! (notice the different heights for the amber lights for the crx and civic)

make sure your fender pieces are lined up. use the 2 squares for the perfect fitting.

Just weld it on a few places and testfit it on the car to be 100% sure.

I decided to fill the gaps for the amber signal lights. because i like clean stuff.

started to use bondo putty (its called plamuur in here)

Last edited by taiajam; 10-02-2010 at 07:04 AM.
taiajam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2010, 06:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

i can only add 8 photos, so i do a subble post...

layer afther layer

testfitting

removed the bumper mount. There are a few wiretapped holes for M6 bolts behind this mout.

these mounts on the headlights will block the cornerlights, so i made it adjustable.

pics with everything fitted, just waiting for primer paint and color.

Last edited by taiajam; 10-02-2010 at 07:15 AM.
Old 10-02-2010, 06:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

primerpainted

it lookslike its curved, but its not. its caused by the poor quality of the picture.

Old 10-02-2010, 06:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
ministry of mayhem!

Rep Power: 48 eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to eddcartes Send a message via Yahoo to eddcartes

not my thing, but not bad looking either.
Evil spirits beautiful naked girl live boobs

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
I mess with cars because it's more socially acceptable than a cocaine habit ... although the cocaine would probably be cheaper.
Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #666!
rip emilio gallardo (milo). outstanding father, spouse, friend and member of dso. you will always be missed.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rip, patprimmer. last of the titans.

one thing i've learned from this job is to always keep a pack of cheese for your whine.

my ED6 build thread:

my dyno compe build:

eddcartes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2010, 08:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

Now that's a how-to post! Plenty of pics and they tell the story.

I hate the hatch from end. This looks good, IMO.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2010, 08:33 AM   #6 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 gotboost420 is crying in the corner like a little bitch

nice looks good.. post up some finished product
gotboost420 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2010, 01:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

the car is getting painted tomorrow.
Old 10-02-2010, 01:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 D16Savage smells like BoratD16Savage smells like BoratD16Savage smells like BoratD16Savage smells like BoratD16Savage smells like BoratD16Savage smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

sweet post pics when painted and lol on the bov on your intake
D16Savage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2010, 12:41 AM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

haha yeah, i removed the turbo setup.
i recently installed a 6pcuk clutch + 4kg flywheel and now it needs some time to (i dont know the english word) adjust to the new condition.
the turbo manifold was cracked at the wg so it needed to be welded anyway.
i left the intake with the BOV and FMU ( i chipped my ecu with stock injectors).
but ive got the 450cc injectors ready for over 2 years lol
Old 10-04-2010, 03:03 AM   #10 (permalink)
The Great Weldini

Rep Power: 32 remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 54 reviews
Send a message via AIM to remoer Send a message via MSN to remoer Send a message via Yahoo to remoer

i must add that is a very nice write up.

The suspension should always be faster than the engine - BMW

The term stage was created to make mentally slow ppl feel physically fast.

my DOHC ZC - 133.73whp and 108.48wtq (tuned on a Dynojet)
remoer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2010, 08:58 AM   #11 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

nice write up!

what do you mean, we must remove the bumper mounts with the CRX front end? what do u mean, bumper mounts?

thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2010, 09:39 AM   #12 (permalink)
Pew Pew!

Rep Power: 23 Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 50 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sammo115

Maybe he was talking about the rebar
Sammo115 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2010, 09:42 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 EKHatch_y8turbo is starting to learn the ropesEKHatch_y8turbo is starting to learn the ropesEKHatch_y8turbo is starting to learn the ropesEKHatch_y8turbo is starting to learn the ropesEKHatch_y8turbo is starting to learn the ropesEKHatch_y8turbo is starting to learn the ropesEKHatch_y8turbo is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

very well executed write up and fitment looks great! in for new painted pics!

Hate if you must but my body kit was free...urethane buddy club~ u'd think since i didn't spend the money on the kit i could afford paint... i like mine with no shine

my thread : (updated frequently new pics added 8/19/2011
)

EKHatch_y8turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2011, 07:05 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 DILYSI Dave  is accepted as part of the communityDILYSI Dave  is accepted as part of the communityDILYSI Dave  is accepted as part of the communityDILYSI Dave  is accepted as part of the community

Just to confirm - The CRX bumper beam does bolt on to the Civic shell, right?
DILYSI Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2011, 07:08 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 18 Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!
Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

I dig it.
More pics. Update since Oct.

If you need a part, hit me up. I'm willing to help out the remaining D-Series soldiers on the cheap.

Nasty_Canasta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2011, 07:52 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

excellent job. i was expecting a half ass job but this is definitly write-up worthy.
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2011, 11:59 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 thagreenteam will become famous soon enoughthagreenteam will become famous soon enoughthagreenteam will become famous soon enough

Nice.... Legit way to do it.

Waiting on results.
thagreenteam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 01:40 PM   #18 (permalink)
n00b

I realized i never posted the result...

here are some old pics...

ive got EK skirts fitted on them aswell.. looks real nice. turbo kit is installed... love the car... battery is dead or the starter... since the battery is in the back it starts like shit with cold weather...
Old 12-06-2012, 05:39 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie

that looks real nice man, the paint turned out well, i never realized how much of a difference the front ends have, i like it a lot.
40MPGd15b7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 05:45 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 khrys771 is obviously a regularkhrys771 is obviously a regularkhrys771 is obviously a regularkhrys771 is obviously a regularkhrys771 is obviously a regularkhrys771 is obviously a regularkhrys771 is obviously a regularkhrys771 is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

i'm sorry but i dont see any major difference, might be that i am not familiar with both cars. can you post a before and after shot?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.d-series.org/forums/diy-forum/137168-diy-crx-front-civic-ed-ef.html
Posted By For Type Date
CRX Community Forum • View topic - Have some quesions. This thread Refback 02-12-2013 03:02 PM