DIY - JDM EG6 Wing install (92-95 Civic hatch) - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2010, 06:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 awaxx is learning the way of the Dawaxx is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Post DIY - JDM EG6 Wing install (92-95 Civic hatch)

DIY: JDM EG6 Wing Install

I was working on this so I figured I'd post it up in case anyone else wanted the info.

NOTE: This install is for the 2-piece JDM EG6 wing. I'm going to assume that it's going to be the same for the 1-piece JDM wing as far as mounting points, electrical, sprayer, etc. For me all of the electrical was plug and play and I didn't have to cut or splice anything.

Tools: Philips screwdriver, flathead screwdriver, 10mm socket

1) Here is a pic of the USDM wing on my 92 Civic Si hatch.

2) Open the hatch window and there will be two small 10mm nuts on each of the hatch hinges that need to be removed.

3) Once all of the nuts holding the wing to the hatch have been removed, close the hatch window and tilt the wing up to expose the LED wiring and window washer sprayer. Carefully undo the wiring from the wing.

4) Unscrew the window washer sprayer from the wing.

5) Remove the wing from the car completely.

6) Here is a side by side comparison of the USDM and JDM wings. Notice that the LED on the JDM wing is longer, the JDM wing is also slightly longer than the USDM one, and the JDM wing is thinner in thickness than its USDM counterpart.

7) Test fit the wing first, to make sure everything lines up correctly and that nothing is wrong.

8 ) Start putting everything back together in the reverse order you removed the USDM wing. It should be fairly straightforward at this point. NOTE: It's probably a good idea to test your brake lights prior to tightening everything back up.

9) Enjoy your finished install!

Hope this helps!
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2010, 06:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

bman200437 It's a JDM Star Bitches....bman200437 It's a JDM Star Bitches....bman200437 It's a JDM Star Bitches....bman200437 It's a JDM Star Bitches....bman200437 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to bman200437

Looks awesome man just wish I had a car that clean to put something like that on...lol

88 civic standard hatch (R.I.P.)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

90 civic dx hatch
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
You definetly have a tranny issue and not the kind that makes you want to put on lipstick and womens clothing.
Quote:
first love= honda
second love=hand
third=girl!
bman200437 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2010, 07:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 14 hatchaddict is approaching greatnesshatchaddict is approaching greatnesshatchaddict is approaching greatnesshatchaddict is approaching greatnesshatchaddict is approaching greatnesshatchaddict is approaching greatnesshatchaddict is approaching greatnesshatchaddict is approaching greatnesshatchaddict is approaching greatnesshatchaddict is approaching greatnesshatchaddict is approaching greatnesshatchaddict is approaching greatnesshatchaddict is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 31 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman200437 View Post
Looks awesome man just wish I had a car that clean to put something like that on...lol
x2 that wing doesnt deserve my rust bucket. very nice hatch
hatchaddict is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2010, 07:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

Looks clean.

Quote:
you will get stuck in the "willfully ignorant" category and I will do what I can to see that you never get an answer to any question you ever ask on this forum again.

BiggieBert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2010, 08:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
EF9
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 18 EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!
EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

done it also, very straightforward remove n install, not to mention, the LED lites up brighter than the stock wing, seems to light up quicker than the regular, and has a slight upward "kick" compared to the usdm wing which just follows the downward curve. most people rock a carbon fiber spoon knockoff but this should be THE wing to complement any eg/eh hatch

<- Deuce MKIa

<- Deuce MKIb
Will you make a contract with me? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Quote:
Magical spinning Doritos do not belong in cars...
EF9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2010, 04:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 awaxx is learning the way of the Dawaxx is learning the way of the D
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF9 View Post
done it also, very straightforward remove n install, not to mention, the LED lites up brighter than the stock wing, seems to light up quicker than the regular, and has a slight upward "kick" compared to the usdm wing which just follows the downward curve. most people rock a carbon fiber spoon knockoff but this should be THE wing to complement any eg/eh hatch
I'd have to agree! JDM OEM FTW!
Old 09-23-2010, 05:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Wes
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 10 Wes is starting to learn the ropesWes is starting to learn the ropesWes is starting to learn the ropesWes is starting to learn the ropesWes is starting to learn the ropesWes is starting to learn the ropesWes is starting to learn the ropes

You done good work, and wing looks badass. DIY success.

Turn on, Tune in, and Drop out

Wes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2010, 05:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 Aphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

I think I am going to get a black hatch to go with my white one. Good work sir. Car looks sweet
Ebay 4-2-1 header
Custom 2.25in exhaust

Quote:
They circle jerk to turned up injection pumps, chew dip and talk about how they miss Bush....in wood shop.
Quote:
A wire tuck is similar to a wiener tuck, but not nearly as sexy

Aphexb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2010, 04:41 AM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

Thanks all!
Old 09-25-2010, 05:17 AM   #10 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

nicejob looks really clean keep up the good work lol

I LOVE THEM SHAVED LOL
94TURBOFERIO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2010, 04:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

I thought I'd throw in a full car shot with the wing from a recent autocross.

Old 10-26-2010, 05:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
Formerly 95RedVXCivic

Rep Power: 11 Sarge is almost a somebodySarge is almost a somebodySarge is almost a somebodySarge is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to Sarge

very nice hatch!

Need and ecu converted/chipped/socketed? PM me.

Speed cost, how fast can you afford to go?

"While it is legal for the police to lie, they may not unreasonably pressure a suspect to commit a crime."

My for sale thread!
Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2010, 04:37 AM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

Thanks guys!
Old 11-12-2010, 05:16 AM   #14 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 *Miss_Honda* smells like Borat*Miss_Honda* smells like Borat*Miss_Honda* smells like Borat*Miss_Honda* smells like Borat*Miss_Honda* smells like Borat*Miss_Honda* smells like Borat
Send a message via MSN to *Miss_Honda*

SiR wing for the win! XD
*Miss_Honda* is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2010, 08:27 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 95 R-81 Cx is almost a somebody95 R-81 Cx is almost a somebody95 R-81 Cx is almost a somebody95 R-81 Cx is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

It looks great, do you have any pictures at night with the brakes on?
95 R-81 Cx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2010, 08:30 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

sheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcanosheasekhatch is hot as a volcano

nice

Quote:
Why the hek you driving over 4k rpms? What are you, a street racer? LOL
sheasekhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2010, 09:20 AM   #17 (permalink)
EF9
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 18 EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!
EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!

not really a good angle/pic but its the only shot i have with the brakes on
also whats the difference between a one piece and two piece wing

<- Deuce MKIa

<- Deuce MKIb
Will you make a contract with me? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Quote:
Magical spinning Doritos do not belong in cars...

Last edited by EF9; 11-12-2010 at 09:22 AM.
EF9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2010, 02:53 AM   #18 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 *Miss_Honda* smells like Borat*Miss_Honda* smells like Borat*Miss_Honda* smells like Borat*Miss_Honda* smells like Borat*Miss_Honda* smells like Borat*Miss_Honda* smells like Borat
Send a message via MSN to *Miss_Honda*

I have a photo with the brakes on, with my old gigantic exhaust

*Miss_Honda* is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2010, 06:42 PM   #19 (permalink)

Very nice hatch. I wish some day my faded EH will look this clean. That rear spoiler looks sweet!
Prime-EH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2010, 01:33 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 12 Demon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow upDemon_12-21-2012 is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

link? price? lol it looks good. gotta decide between this or a duckbill../...hmmmmm

Demon_12-21-2012 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in