Spraying Steelies Ghetto Style - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2010, 02:57 AM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 10 tiksie is learning the way of the Dtiksie is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Spraying Steelies Ghetto Style

Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself nor D-series.org take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

Remember, this is uber ghetto style to spray your steelies or wheels that you don't really care that much about as there is no steps into sanding/primering etc etc. Just a quick and easy way.. I wouldn't really be using this DIY for spraying TE37's or anything like that lol.

OP: cheapdouchebag

Required:
1x Deck of playing cards
1x Can of preferd colour (black enamel in this case)
1x Can of degreaser

Directions:

1. Remove wheel that you wish to spray from your vehicle.
2. Wash it clean with some car wash liquid
3. Degrease it if you need to remove brake dust and stuff like that, that ordinary wash wont remove.
4. Now wipe it clean with a dry cloth.

5. heres the ghetto part, grab the deck of cards and place it all around the rim like in the picture below, when it is all done, AIM and spray onto the rim

6. Let it dry and then whack it on

7. ENJOY

Before

AFTER!!!
tiksie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2010, 06:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
Pew Pew!

Rep Power: 23 Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 50 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sammo115

Nicely done. I did the same thing on my wifes first car.
Sammo115 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2010, 07:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 Jomama is obviously a regularJomama is obviously a regularJomama is obviously a regularJomama is obviously a regularJomama is obviously a regularJomama is obviously a regularJomama is obviously a regularJomama is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Not bad, looks good.
Jomama is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2010, 09:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

when u said "ghetto" i thought u meant jack up the front of the car and put it in gear and just move the paint can up and down and spray the wheel while its turning. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2010, 07:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
They call me Awesome!

Rep Power: 38 awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

May have to do this just to clean up my DD.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Have you checked
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
today?

Don't get your feelings hurt over some idiot's personal opinion, especially MINE!!!
awebb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2010, 07:35 PM   #6 (permalink)

Rep Power: 10 tiksie is learning the way of the Dtiksie is learning the way of the D

Quote:
Originally Posted by danz View Post
when u said "ghetto" i thought u meant jack up the front of the car and put it in gear and just move the paint can up and down and spray the wheel while its turning. LOL
Haha genius!
Old 08-24-2010, 12:33 PM   #7 (permalink)

nicely done.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 11 greenchad is almost a somebodygreenchad is almost a somebodygreenchad is almost a somebodygreenchad is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via MSN to greenchad

I need to do that on my Michelin X-ice snow wheels

greenchad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2010, 06:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 13 mondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mondo9psi

Quote:
hahahaha
Old 08-26-2010, 05:46 AM   #10 (permalink)

lol indeed, that would be super ghetto.. Would love a youtube video of it being done.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:35 AM   #11 (permalink)
\/ apply baby lotion here \/

Rep Power: 46 Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 136 reviews

this is not ghetto at all. To you maybe, not to me. It's a smart way of painting steelies black again.

They look pretty clean

Pata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2010, 05:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 turbodude06 is learning the way of the Dturbodude06 is learning the way of the D

I've done it this way for years. I even have a deck of cards in my box for this lol.... Good wright up though....

Supporting the NRRA
(National Roll Racing Association)
turbodude06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2010, 08:09 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 Marc-111 is learning the way of the DMarc-111 is learning the way of the D

nice write up!
Marc-111 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2010, 01:29 PM   #14 (permalink)

this is how i painted my rims! haha. its not ghetto. it just gets a little tricky at the wheel weights
Old 09-18-2010, 01:38 PM   #15 (permalink)
Hi hater!

Rep Power: 39 Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Boosted-EH-804

The playing cards work Damn well and you can reuse em nice write up.

Danz lmfao

Boosted-EH-804 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2010, 02:04 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....

Makes me wanna do mine again since some retard used trim paint on the wheels hahah. Nice writeup ill be using it.
Old 09-18-2010, 02:08 PM   #17 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 18 Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!
Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Egwhite

Quote:
I did this when i polished my gt3's. Only for the lip though

Hello noob meet.....Google
Egwhite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2010, 02:53 PM   #18 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 SinglecamEJ8 is learning the way of the DSinglecamEJ8 is learning the way of the D

nicely done

I'm Johnny
SinglecamEJ8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2010, 05:23 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

very nicely done, gonna do it on my beat up del sol si's
Old 09-29-2010, 07:28 PM   #20 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodude06 View Post
I've done it this way for years. I even have a deck of cards in my box for this lol.... Good wright up though....
me to
pumpkin128 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in