diy air/fuel gauge - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2004, 02:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 16 mynameistin  is accepted as part of the communitymynameistin  is accepted as part of the communitymynameistin  is accepted as part of the communitymynameistin  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mynameistin
Default diy air/fuel gauge

welp after like $8 in parts i attempted this

http://scirocco.dyndns.org/tech/misc/afgauge/af.html

i went to hook it up and the bastard sparked at me twice then didnt after...i think ifriend it haha oh well imma attempt again tomorrow. if anyone has done this any help would be appreciated. the voltage regular...out of the 3 prongs which is in out and grnd? does it matter? thanks guys.
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2004, 03:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
infinatenexus

Now thats something I am going to look into
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2004, 05:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Want access???

Rep Power: 1718005 modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 67 reviews
Send a message via AIM to modsHXcivi

ghetto... go buy a gauge bro

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

modsHXcivi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2004, 07:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 16 mynameistin  is accepted as part of the communitymynameistin  is accepted as part of the communitymynameistin  is accepted as part of the communitymynameistin  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mynameistin

lol i know i just wanted to test it out...i just purchased a couple ecus and such and gonna order some chip burners...gonna try and get into some tuning and chipping ecus so i thought for electrical style i thought id test and see if ican make that.
Old 11-17-2004, 08:42 AM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 icarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

nice find tin.

-ic
icarusdown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2004, 06:16 PM   #6 (permalink)

rotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

thats real ghetto but i guess if your that broke..
rotory20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2004, 06:23 PM   #7 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 icarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatnessicarusdown is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

I like the satisfaction of building things myself. If it's more economical that way, then even better. Granted, if I wanted to make one as nice as an autometer, etc., I would probably have to spend hundreds of dollars to make just one But, in DIY, there's good room for customization with functionality.

-ic
icarusdown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2004, 06:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
Curious George

Rep Power: 18 Belette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 13 reviews

How much it could cost to do it ?
Or where you can get one for 30$ ?

Setup in building:

Video of my old setup:

Awesome Photography Thread:

Belette is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2004, 06:11 PM   #9 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 russianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatnessrussianwonder32 is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

just go buy a gauge... but if ur into that then..more power to ya
russianwonder32 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2004, 07:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
Want access???

Rep Power: 1718005 modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !modsHXcivi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 67 reviews
Send a message via AIM to modsHXcivi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameistin
lol i know i just wanted to test it out...i just purchased a couple ecus and such and gonna order some chip burners...gonna try and get into some tuning and chipping ecus so i thought for electrical style i thought id test and see if ican make that.
well guess all i can say is good luck keep us posted on how you make out

modsHXcivi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2004, 03:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
illicon3000

Ya I'd love to find a way to get it to go 0-5v.
Old 11-28-2004, 10:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

makku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to makku Send a message via MSN to makku Send a message via Yahoo to makku

that's a nice DIY... but there are better ways to make your own digital gauge. I've been playing around with a lot of ICs and I could probably make a writeup for a digital gauge if anyone is interested... 0-5V... whatever....

Quote:
forecast for tomorrow... a few sprinkles of genius with a chance for DOOM!
Quote:
But I thought you said TV was bad?
It is... but we fucking need it.
makku is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2004, 01:16 PM   #13 (permalink)
bspeed

Do it makku. 0-5V.

p.s. what the hell is your avitar about?
Old 11-30-2004, 07:18 PM   #14 (permalink)

makku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussie
Send a message via AIM to makku Send a message via MSN to makku Send a message via Yahoo to makku

my avatar is from an anime called "Ebichu: The Housekeeping Hamster"

it's kind of perverted... Ebichu's owner is a late 20s office worker who's not married (kind of pathetic according to japanese culture) and has an asshole boyfriend. Ebichu makes a lot of inappropriate comments about sex and stuff because it's really dumb. In that particular scene, Ebichu is reading a dirty romance novel while the owner and the boyfriend are having sex. "Like a sniper, <name> ever so carefully centered the target within his scope... and took the shot." Since the asshole boyfriend has a problem of cumming too early, that sets it off and he punches Ebichu. (a common occurance on the show). It's actually a really funny show.

As for the 0-5V digital display... hmmm... the easy way to do it is NOT cost-effective. However, if you have access to a Willem burner, you can burn a tiny program onto a PIC (type of cheap processor) and have that drive the display. There just aren't any good single-solution IC's out there other than programming your own. I think I could make them for about $20 in parts. If you guys would like, I could build some for say... $30... as long as there's a demand.

Keep in mind these could be used for ANY 0-5V voltage reading... like TPS sensor, MAP sensor, etc. Also, I'm pretty sure that I could change the ADC chip (analog-to-digital) with one that does temperature sensing, so you could put probes whereever you want and have them display in your car somewhere.

Just in case anyone's interested... the reason it's more difficult is that you have to convert the voltage number from whatever form you have it in... analog, ASCII, etc... to a code specifically for those LED displays. Annoying as hell. There are no premade chips that can do it without spending a ton of money.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-30-2004, 08:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to crixzc

I would be interested in a few of those gadgets depending on their apearance.
crixzc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2004, 09:46 PM   #16 (permalink)

hmmm... i will look into it

multiple color numbers are available

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-12-2005, 05:07 AM   #17 (permalink)
Curious George

Rep Power: 18 Belette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatness

I've done one, tested on volt generator, it seems to work great
But I burnt the small 5.0V regulator, I put LM7805, VERY better and bigger ( and cheaper... ) than the old one.

Setup in building:

Video of my old setup:

Last edited by Belette; 03-06-2005 at 05:40 PM.
Old 05-07-2005, 09:28 AM   #18 (permalink)
Curious George

I tested it in test table, I got meter vs voltage, but in car, I can't have any data on it. I put it on white (primary o2 sensor signal, and no led turn on). I connect it with 12v cigar plug, and it powered decently like that ?

maybe I'm wrong, but something is bad. really bad.

Setup in building:

Video of my old setup:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in