Converting D16y7 to OBD1,..Need help. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2010, 12:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Converting D16y7 to OBD1,..Need help.

Whats going on,..not gettin off to a good start on this site lol but i think im learning. Ok, I have a 93 Del Sol S "bought it gutted" and a buddy of mine had a y7 sitting around, 150$ full swap. Pretty good deal i would think, but the downside to it is i need to convert it to obd1. ive tried everything i could think of and it still wont idle right so..... any help?
Mr.Del Slow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2010, 08:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 tron is a name known to alltron is a name known to alltron is a name known to alltron is a name known to alltron is a name known to alltron is a name known to alltron is a name known to alltron is a name known to alltron is a name known to alltron is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

hmm wouldnt you just need an obd2 to obd1 conversion harness?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
tron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2010, 10:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

well yeah that would work but thats not the route i took. i left the harness on the car all obd1 and just tryed to put all obd1 parts on the motor,.. intake man,throttle body,fuel rail,injectors,altinator,and distributor. its in the car and runs just wont idle right. when you start it "note i have my timing full retard right now" it holds at about 2 grand. i attemp to ajust a few things and it jumps to 5 grand and holds, so i dont know this thing is pooping on me right now lol
Mr.Del Slow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2010, 10:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 49 reviews

check for vacuum leaks...

PM me for obd1,obd2 & k-series tucked harnesses

all so do vtec sub-harness

MAGIC-WIRES FOR YOUR ENGINE HARNESS NEEDS

instagram @magicman9won4
2jzdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2010, 12:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 civic4dr2000 is a name known to allcivic4dr2000 is a name known to allcivic4dr2000 is a name known to allcivic4dr2000 is a name known to allcivic4dr2000 is a name known to allcivic4dr2000 is a name known to allcivic4dr2000 is a name known to allcivic4dr2000 is a name known to allcivic4dr2000 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

on a y7 the crank sensor is on the crank... obd1 would be in the dizzy. what dizzy you runnin?

Quote:
wow... and to think i gave up weed and heavy drinking to make money and be successful when all this time i could have been putting lime juice in my eye...
civic4dr2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2010, 12:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 stevenarroyo is a name known to allstevenarroyo is a name known to allstevenarroyo is a name known to allstevenarroyo is a name known to allstevenarroyo is a name known to allstevenarroyo is a name known to allstevenarroyo is a name known to allstevenarroyo is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

i hear you have to change the iacv from a 3 wire to 2 wire. if you didnt do that already

stevenarroyo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in