DIY Windshield? Anyone?? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2010, 02:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default DIY Windshield? Anyone??

Ok first off i feel kinda stupid starting a new thread to ask this but i was wondering if i made a windshield DIY would anyone be interested in it? The reason I'm asking is becase it requires some special tools to do that most people probably don't have. I do work at a glass shop and have replaced windshield before obviously so I know what I'm talking about besides my 98 civic needs a new windshield anyways.
disrupted_vortex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2010, 02:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 Save/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagleSave/Sohc is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

I would be interested. Not at this exact moment but in the near future, couple months. My 89 ef hatch has at least 3 cracks going across the windshield luckily none in my sightline and not illegal. It doesnt impair vision but looks shitty and will eventually be replaced
Build me a sandwich.
But if we are talking about motors then listen to these other guys
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
91 Cubic Inches of Muscle!
Save/Sohc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2010, 02:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Wes
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 10 Wes is starting to learn the ropesWes is starting to learn the ropesWes is starting to learn the ropesWes is starting to learn the ropesWes is starting to learn the ropesWes is starting to learn the ropesWes is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

I'm interested. I would imagine if you invested the money in tools and supplies that you could make it back in savings within only a few DIY replacements.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Turn on, Tune in, and Drop out

Wes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2010, 02:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

ok well i will try to cut out the windshield with hand tools which are like $35 bucks on ebay. If i can't however i will have to use our equilizer which can be pricey for a DIY. that would be the only expensive tool tho.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 11 greenchad is almost a somebodygreenchad is almost a somebodygreenchad is almost a somebodygreenchad is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via MSN to greenchad

lots of videos on Youtube. I guess I should taken pics when the boss and I did my ed, of course we have all the easy tools, vibroknives, draw knives, air and cordless urethane guns,

greenchad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2010, 06:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Yea i will try to not use any real fancy tools just to keep it under budget for others.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:54 AM   #7 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

do it dude.

its pretty easy with 2 ppl but it would be a good white up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2010, 10:03 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Pyro336 It's a JDM Star Bitches....Pyro336 It's a JDM Star Bitches....Pyro336 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Save/Sohc View Post
I would be interested. Not at this exact moment but in the near future, couple months. My 89 ef hatch has at least 3 cracks going across the windshield luckily none in my sightline and not illegal. It doesnt impair vision but looks shitty and will eventually be replaced
^^Me too, hook us up!!!

You Rep Me, and I'll Rep You Back!!!!!
Pyro336 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2010, 12:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

Send a message via AIM to solo_one87 Send a message via Yahoo to solo_one87

dew ettt
solo_one87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2010, 09:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
\/ apply baby lotion here \/

Rep Power: 46 Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Pata is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 136 reviews

If you don't do it, I'll do the DIY thread soon...

My windshield haz a loooooooooooong crack on it lol

Pata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2010, 10:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!
cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

eh i have done this a few times on the 68. after the first nerve racking time its a cake walk

cut it out with a razor, wire wheel the old window weld off, clean evrything, apply bead of window weld, stick in place, reinstall trim.

Quote:
The problem is, my need for speed exceeds the need to save the earth.
Quote:
WELL FINE! I'LL JUST GO EAT THE SHIT OUTTA MY OREO'S THEN!
cmgreen50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2010, 08:37 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 92hatchy is learning the way of the D92hatchy is learning the way of the D

i did my windshield and it sucks. i broke the strips that go up the side so i just filled the gap with silicone. i wouldnt do it my self ever again i dont think.
92hatchy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2010, 07:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 3 reviews

A DIY thread is always helpful no matter what. Personally as long as the local ecology is only charging $100 including parts and labor I'll just leave that job to them.
sate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2010, 08:03 PM   #14 (permalink)
n00b

i need a windshield to!!!
89redef is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in