Tips and visuals taking off a trans - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2010, 11:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque

Rep Power: 21 Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!
Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Default Tips and visuals taking off a trans

bought an ex trans thinking mine was a dx. turns out it wasnt but before i put the new one on i realized the one i bought had a lil hole. jb welded it and held, but did not realize and thought it was leaking turns out the axle was not in all the way. so put my stock trans back on. so now i have an ex trans fs.

take off starter, linkage, trans mount, rear t bracket, bout 12 bolts all the way around, axles (drivers is not necessary but helps alot, vss plug, clutch slave cylinder, and that one sensor on the top of the trans.

just get all the bolts and necessary mounts off then wiggle it off and guide it down slow with a jack while holding it on the jack.

a tip locktite the studs on the trans

a tip on taking out those stupid studs on the shifter use vice grips

carpet is badass when working under a car

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ak riding shotgun literally

autox/ touge ej1
Built 12.5 d., ac, pic selects, itr sway, wide wheels, more bracing than a dentist office lol

09 Chevy 3500hd crew cab long bed 4x4 just because I felt like it
Tibby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2010, 11:42 AM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 21 Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!
Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

autox/ touge ej1
Built 12.5 d., ac, pic selects, itr sway, wide wheels, more bracing than a dentist office lol

Old 07-12-2010, 11:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Pew Pew!

Rep Power: 23 Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 50 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sammo115

Nice rug you got there tibby
Sammo115 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2010, 11:50 AM   #4 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

change your leaky oil pan gasket while you are under there

I'm diggin the rug too
w00t 4 w33d is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2010, 12:28 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo115 View Post
Nice rug you got there tibby
free from work i just quit last week starting trucking school next monday

autox/ touge ej1

Old 07-12-2010, 12:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Pew Pew!

Rep Power: 23 Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 50 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sammo115

Oo nice. I love working with rugs to. Brothers garage has a huge rug to lay on when the car is lifted.

And good job with the pictures
Sammo115 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2010, 12:39 PM   #7 (permalink)

also got my neogens mounted at work and got 40 lbs of scrap steel

autox/ touge ej1

Old 07-12-2010, 01:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 94hatchSI smells like Borat94hatchSI smells like Borat94hatchSI smells like Borat94hatchSI smells like Borat94hatchSI smells like Borat94hatchSI smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Nice job with the pics. I actually just got done doing this stuff over the weekend.
94hatchSI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2010, 02:54 PM   #9 (permalink)

i was wondering how i w2as gonna do it by myself but ended up using my feet to operate the jack

autox/ touge ej1

Old 07-12-2010, 05:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 Aphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

So what happens when the tranny WILL NOT come off?? not joking....I went to replace my throwout bearing the other day and got all the way to the point where you "just wiggle it off". Well I went from wiggling....to pulling....to yanking...to cussing..to giving up. I was literally just trying to get it to part from the motor for about 4 hours. And YES all the bolts were out (not my first time doing this). I still have a bad throwout bearing in there and I tries to change it a week ago
Ebay 4-2-1 header
Custom 2.25in exhaust

Quote:
They circle jerk to turned up injection pumps, chew dip and talk about how they miss Bush....in wood shop.
Quote:
A wire tuck is similar to a wiener tuck, but not nearly as sexy

Aphexb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2010, 07:33 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphexb View Post
So what happens when the tranny WILL NOT come off?? not joking....I went to replace my throwout bearing the other day and got all the way to the point where you "just wiggle it off". Well I went from wiggling....to pulling....to yanking...to cussing..to giving up. I was literally just trying to get it to part from the motor for about 4 hours. And YES all the bolts were out (not my first time doing this). I still have a bad throwout bearing in there and I tries to change it a week ago
there are bolts on the dust sheild that may have caused a problem did you get the lowest two off those are a bitch with the exhaust in the way

autox/ touge ej1

Old 07-12-2010, 08:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 Aphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibby View Post
there are bolts on the dust sheild that may have caused a problem did you get the lowest two off those are a bitch with the exhaust in the way
yep..got those. I have never had a tranny give me as much trouble as this one. AND to top it off, its only been on there for MAYBE 5 months.
Ebay 4-2-1 header
Custom 2.25in exhaust

Quote:
They circle jerk to turned up injection pumps, chew dip and talk about how they miss Bush....in wood shop.
Quote:
A wire tuck is similar to a wiener tuck, but not nearly as sexy

Aphexb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in