DIY: yellow headligts - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2010, 12:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 42 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 143 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sleepingciv Send a message via MSN to sleepingciv Send a message via Yahoo to sleepingciv
Default DIY: yellow headligts

pretty easy to do

use 220 and wet snaded the headlights by hand

clean them off after wet sanding i using windex then a tack cloth.

hair dryer to dry them more

used krylon stain glass paint. 6 oz can yellow of course lol

this shit is not forgiving
stay at least 12inches away while spraying no more then 2 coats.

if ya dont stay at least 12 inches away it will streak on you

before

after wet sanding

no pics but i did paper and tape them off

after
ill try to get them sat in the car so you can kinda see what they look like, but its raining like a mofo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sleepingciv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2010, 12:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
1.8 nawz powa

Rep Power: 38 Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 58 reviews

looks good
Old 07-08-2010, 12:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

12ozwrecker It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

i think you missed some on the bottom?
Good write up! i wanna see someone do this on a 6th gen though.

Quote:
A true hot rodder is a hot rodder plain and simple Brand age etc is not that important....We are here because we hot rod Hondas, not because we ONLY hot rod Hondas.
word.
12ozwrecker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 12:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 42 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Send a message via AIM to sleepingciv Send a message via MSN to sleepingciv Send a message via Yahoo to sleepingciv

the bottoms are done just angle of the lights and shity camera mixed with what little sun is out lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 bigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 50 reviews

whats the point of painting your headlights yellow? (serious question)
Old 07-08-2010, 12:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
1.8 nawz powa

Rep Power: 38 Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

looks, some fogs are yellow and help with flare and cut fog better.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

yellow light is better than white light.
ever drive with yellow glasses at night? its badass.
Atleast for me cuz im blind and have bad astigmatism, so it help cut down on glare.

and looks.

Quote:
A true hot rodder is a hot rodder plain and simple Brand age etc is not that important....We are here because we hot rod Hondas, not because we ONLY hot rod Hondas.
word.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

and a side note
this will not work on mirrors, not sure why though, when ya spray it on the mirror it just clouds up

Old 07-08-2010, 12:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
1.8 nawz powa

i think vinyl might do better on mirrors
Old 07-08-2010, 12:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher View Post
i think vinyl might do better on mirrors
ya what i was thinking also, prob find it on egay idk

Old 07-08-2010, 01:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
1.8 nawz powa

i know i need something for mine, i was looking for some blue to do mine like the spoon mirrors
Old 07-08-2010, 01:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

I never thought about that....what about the rearview? rice?
I cant really see when you flip the switch on the mirror ya know?

Quote:
word.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:07 PM   #13 (permalink)
1.8 nawz powa

when i flip the switch it makes mine ok, im more worried about the side mirrors.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

yeah, mines not. just a lil to dark.
And its Maui, there are no Streetlights on alot of the roads, and everyone likes
Retarded big lifted yota's out here, so im always on the switch.
I might try it.

Quote:
word.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

cool. i wonder how well the paint will stick to glass? maybe next time paint the inside of the lens so it wont chip or wear off?

either way it looks great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2010, 01:18 PM   #16 (permalink)
1.8 nawz powa

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12ozwrecker View Post
yeah, mines not. just a lil to dark.
And its Maui, there are no Streetlights on alot of the roads, and everyone likes
Retarded big lifted yota's out here, so im always on the switch.
I might try it.
i ordered some blue tint so ill let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danz View Post
cool. i wonder how well the paint will stick to glass? maybe next time paint the inside of the lens so it wont chip or wear off?

either way it looks great.
i was thinking about painting on the inside as well, but that might let water in if you don't seal it back good.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:19 PM   #17 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

ive painted the inside of the housing before, just heat the head light up to around 220f for 10 mins or so, it comes apart easy... then re-head and re-assemble.

mine never leaked but i see what you are saying. hopefully i wasnt just lucky that one time.
Quote:
Old 07-08-2010, 02:44 PM   #18 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

its stained glass paint not normal paint
http://www.createforless.com/Krylon+...utm_medium=cse

Old 07-08-2010, 03:15 PM   #19 (permalink)
Classic Man

niceness
Quote:
Old 07-08-2010, 04:07 PM   #20 (permalink)
ministry of mayhem!

Rep Power: 48 eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to eddcartes Send a message via Yahoo to eddcartes

hm, nice diy. might do.
Evil spirits beautiful naked girl live boobs

Quote:
I mess with cars because it's more socially acceptable than a cocaine habit ... although the cocaine would probably be cheaper.
Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #666!
rip emilio gallardo (milo). outstanding father, spouse, friend and member of dso. you will always be missed.

rip, patprimmer. last of the titans.

one thing i've learned from this job is to always keep a pack of cheese for your whine.

my ED6 build thread:

my dyno compe build:

eddcartes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in