Honda D Series Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

DIY: Parts Agitator

5K views 33 replies 16 participants last post by  sleepingciv 
#1 ·
lol was really bored today lol

anyways this is just a proto type lol

can with lid cut off, lawn mower batter, and a motor from something that spins really fast, this is from a toy that launched good size kids cars like huge hotwheels lol

kinda hard to see here but there is crazy movement in the can, at first i had a gear on there but it was so active is shot the fluid everywhere lol so i took it off and it calmed down alot.
still shot here

and video lol
inside the can is the carb from my weedeater.
also idk what it was but some red fluid apperard in the bottom of the can lol no idea what it is, but the pop was a clear one so who knows, kinda like oil, cause it wont mix with the gas?????? odd any ideas

YouTube - 000_0974.MOV

See less See more
#14 ·
I must say, not a bad idea in principle, but the potential for personal injury seems to high.

An old pot of suitable size without needing to be cut, with 3 or 4 decent tabs attached then a STABLE frame with matching tabs, then some old valve springs held between the tabs so the springs act as a suspension. Old valve springretainers welded to the tabs would locate the springs.

A deliberately out of balance electric motor bolted very securely to base and you have a safe reliable useful device if you choose components wisely and build it properly

#15 ·
What are these tabs you speak of?

#16 ·
Something to bolt the springs to.

#18 ·
I have really wrenched on things starting from probably before you where born, from building billycarts to building a racing bicycle from basic parts, to radically modified street cars to race cars and boats.

I have designed and built machines and had patents issued in my name.

I am currently making from steel bars and discs, a new crankshaft for a 1912 model car I have.

I normally surface grind my own heads in a friends tool room.

I have machined piston tops to correct deck clearance or piston to valve clearance.

I have machined my own light weight flywheels.

I port my own heads.

I have modified engines for extra large bore and stroke and done much of the grinding and milling and some of the other machine work to get clearance for crank and rods and cam lobes in pushrod V8s..

I do my own welding.

Several of my previous jobs involved visiting OEM engineers in many fields to consult on design of products, varying from inlet manifolds to electric kettles and all things in between.

I have helped design and build a vibro polishing machine that has been used for the last 10 years to polish ceramic coated exhaust systems as well as other large coated parts.

The vibro polisher used a spring suspension system similar to what I described above.

I have designed and built a number of trailers for boats and cars and camping.

I am currently helping design some armour for safety gloves. As I have signed a Non Disclosure agreement I can't say more on that.

I Am currently consulting on upgrading a plastics compounding plant to manufacture to Theraputic Goods Association quality materials.

I have built engines for class winning 7 second street cars.

I am currently working on another one that is a 450 cubic inch Ford Windsor based engine. Right now we are trying to see if we can get a 0.800" cam to fit without hitting the crank and ithout coil bind with 350# on the seat springs.

I have built engines for winning speedway midgets.

I have built engines and ancillaries for class winning off road buggies.

I have built engines for top winning touring cars.

I could go on

#22 ·
ok, am i the only one that dont know wtf this thing is? lolol

please explain, its early. hahaha

Super Edit: Im a dumbass ahahahaha i thought the title said "parts alligator"....moving on.

#26 ·
also idk what it was but some red fluid apperard in the bottom of the can lol no idea what it is, but the pop was a clear one so who knows, kinda like oil, cause it wont mix with the gas?????? odd any ideas
The red stuff might be the oil additive from the weed-eater gas......

#30 ·
I guess you could kinda call this a sonic cleaner??

and people please stop saying shit about the looks of the damn thing, like i said i threw this thing together on a wim no plans for anything just seen some cans and toys and my dirty carb lol

working on better design now should be done soon so chill out you donkey luvers

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.