DIY - Nardi Wheel with NRG Quick Release. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2010, 09:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Pew Pew!

Rep Power: 23 Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 50 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sammo115
Default DIY - Nardi Wheel with NRG Quick Release.

Well, my car was broken into about 2weeks ago and jacked up my entire column. So I ended up having to replace my whole column and I finally said. F this. Imma get me a wheel. So here it goes.

I do not take responsible for any issues you might come across by doing this. Perform this takes at your own risk.

Tools:
19mm Socket
Ratchet
Ratchet Extension
T30 Star Bit
Screw Driver

Step One
Put your wheel in the straightest position then disconnect the battery for AT LEAST 2HRS just to make sure the air bag wont deploy as your handling it.

Step Two
Take the T30 Star bit and unscrew two screws located on the sides of the steering wheel. Shown with the yellow arrows in the picture below.

Step Three
Once you get the two screws out and pry the airbag itself back you'll find something like the picture below. Disconnect the clips indicated with the yellow arrows. Once thats done. Take the 19MM socket and take the big nut in the middle out.

So, once you take the nut out. Place yourself in a firm footing position and grab the wheel by left hand at 9oclock and right hand at 3oclock and start tugging and wiggling left and right.

Step Four
Once you are able to take the wheel off you'll encounter something like the what the picture below shows. Start by unscrewing the 3 screws indicated by yellow arrows.

The SRS Reel will have 2 wires attached sticking out of it so just fallow the wire and you'll end up at another yellow SRS plug. Just unplug it and TADA. SRS Reel is out.

Step Five
Take your NRG HUB and place it on the steering rod or whatever its called and make sure its placed in an upright position like the picture below and screw back the nut.

Last edited by Sammo115; 06-19-2010 at 07:08 AM.
Sammo115 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2010, 09:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Pew Pew!

Rep Power: 23 Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!

Step Six
Now, take your quick release [The piece that the yellow arrow is pointing at]

THEN bolt it down with the screws provided. It should look something like the picture below.

Step Seven
Now, take the second piece of the quick release and place it on the piece that you just bolted down onto the hub and once thats in place. You can start bolting down your steering wheel to the quick release. It should look like the picture provided below.

Once your done with it. Take a good happy look back and smile at what you just did.

End result.

w00t w00t!

As some of you guys might notice that I didnt wire up the two wires that were on the quick release and the hub. Thats or the horn button. I havent decided to connect to yet. LOL

Also, by doing this you'll have your SRS light stay on. What I did about this issue was solved by taking out the light bulb in the cluster for the SRS light. hahaha

Hoped I helped those in the future. Cheers.

Last edited by Sammo115; 06-19-2010 at 07:09 AM.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 bigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatnessbigluelok is approaching greatness

rep for you great how to

Old 06-18-2010, 10:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 EFtouge is learning the way of the DEFtouge is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EFtouge

Nice writeup! I love NRG parts. They make some damn good seats for the money also.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Touge Monster
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
EFtouge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2010, 10:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
It's that time again

Rep Power: 31 EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !EJ1 SCRAPPIN is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 55 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EJ1 SCRAPPIN

sweet i see you finally got it done!!

EJ1 SCRAPPIN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2010, 07:46 AM   #6 (permalink)
Certified O.G.

Rep Power: 27 Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Staypuff578

Fresh ass DIY

Quote:
almost as badass as my mustache, like a mustache with tits
Instagram- Spoolin_Larry
Staypuff578 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2010, 10:40 AM   #7 (permalink)
I no longer haz teh pink eye! Iz got STINK EYE

Rep Power: 20 Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!
Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Bumpysbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo115 View Post

Also, by doing this you'll have your SRS light stay on. What I did about this issue was solved by taking out the light bulb in the cluster for the SRS light. hahaha
i did this in my mazda mx3 and the airbag light kept going on so i took out the bulb but i kept getting a beeping sound. lol great writeup sammo looks awesome
Quote:
I want your whale penis

I almost had you man....you almost had me? You never had me..You never had your car LOL
Bumpysbro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2010, 11:19 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 15 stiffdogg06 is fly like an eaglestiffdogg06 is fly like an eaglestiffdogg06 is fly like an eaglestiffdogg06 is fly like an eaglestiffdogg06 is fly like an eaglestiffdogg06 is fly like an eaglestiffdogg06 is fly like an eaglestiffdogg06 is fly like an eaglestiffdogg06 is fly like an eaglestiffdogg06 is fly like an eaglestiffdogg06 is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to stiffdogg06

Finally an up to date Steering Wheel DIY.

Thanks man!

434whp/332ftlbs D16Y8 GT3076R 27psi Meth Fed - 2010

2006 Nighthawk Black Pearl Acura TL
stiffdogg06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2010, 11:30 AM   #9 (permalink)
I also have a cool title

Rep Power: 22 98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!
98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!98CiviCn00b is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 98CiviCn00b

GJ but you shoulda broke down and removed all of the SRS stuff

Quote:
waiting to hear from this dude right now bout that tranny. lol...hopefully he will meet me somewhere.
98CiviCn00b is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2010, 03:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 95 R-81 Cx is almost a somebody95 R-81 Cx is almost a somebody95 R-81 Cx is almost a somebody95 R-81 Cx is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Steering wheel looks great! Almost makes me want to spend my money on the wheel before some other more important things.
95 R-81 Cx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2010, 06:22 PM   #11 (permalink)
Pew Pew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98CiviCn00b View Post
GJ but you shoulda broke down and removed all of the SRS stuff
I would do that but what if I get a fix it ticket for not having a steering wheel with an airbag? Then what? Id have to go thru all that hassle of plugging everything back when if I ever do get a bs ticket like that, I can just plug one plug for the srs reel and bam! done.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:09 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 tron is a name known to alltron is a name known to alltron is a name known to alltron is a name known to alltron is a name known to alltron is a name known to alltron is a name known to alltron is a name known to alltron is a name known to alltron is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

awesome diy man, i dont mean to thread jack but nrg really does make great hubs/quick releases. i just put in mine with a momo mod 8 wheel a few weeks ago

tron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2010, 03:14 PM   #13 (permalink)
Pew Pew!

Nice! They didn't have that mono deep wheel when I went. I was debating nardi or keys and of course. I went nardi.
Old 06-20-2010, 03:24 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

12ozwrecker It's a JDM Star Bitches....

didnt we just have this discussion about airbags and tickets?
I thought you cant get a ticket for it?

nice write up dude!
repped.

Quote:
A true hot rodder is a hot rodder plain and simple Brand age etc is not that important....We are here because we hot rod Hondas, not because we ONLY hot rod Hondas.
word.
12ozwrecker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2010, 03:36 PM   #15 (permalink)
Pew Pew!

Yeah we did but there is still some confusion. So until things get figured out. Why not just keep ur old wheel and the rest of the srs stuff just in case. No harm in that cause sometimmes cops will be cops and bs you about things so yeah hahaha
Old 06-20-2010, 03:43 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

12ozwrecker It's a JDM Star Bitches....

yeah, its weird out here.
They do a safety check.
blinkers, mirrors, horn, seatbelts(i think),windsheild wipers, i think thats all...lol
but i need more go fast. no monies for a fancy wheel. but when i do, i will reference this!

Quote:
A true hot rodder is a hot rodder plain and simple Brand age etc is not that important....We are here because we hot rod Hondas, not because we ONLY hot rod Hondas.
word.
12ozwrecker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2010, 04:00 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 jamato0331 is approaching greatnessjamato0331 is approaching greatnessjamato0331 is approaching greatnessjamato0331 is approaching greatnessjamato0331 is approaching greatnessjamato0331 is approaching greatnessjamato0331 is approaching greatnessjamato0331 is approaching greatnessjamato0331 is approaching greatnessjamato0331 is approaching greatnessjamato0331 is approaching greatnessjamato0331 is approaching greatnessjamato0331 is approaching greatness

i like the way you did the pics, good write up

"The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." - Patrick Henry
jamato0331 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2010, 08:12 AM   #18 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

Rep Power: 48 Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Levi Send a message via MSN to Levi

Next time we hang out, can I borrow your wheel for about 5 minutes? I want to see if I like the way it feels better than my Momo. I love the way yours looks.

1996 Acura Integra LS Sedan

Laying Claim To My Own Thread:

1996 Integra Project Car:
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2010, 08:26 AM   #19 (permalink)
Pew Pew!

Hahaha. Sure. Which Momo do you have?
Old 06-21-2010, 08:30 AM   #20 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

Rep Power: 48 Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Levi Send a message via MSN to Levi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo115 View Post
Hahaha. Sure. Which Momo do you have?
Momo Tuner 350mm. I would like to have a fresher steering wheel. My red stitch is faded. I would like to have it to match my fresh black w red stitch items in my integra.

1996 Acura Integra LS Sedan

Laying Claim To My Own Thread:

1996 Integra Project Car:
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in