DIY: Filling air injection holes - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2010, 04:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 42 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 143 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sleepingciv Send a message via MSN to sleepingciv Send a message via Yahoo to sleepingciv
Default DIY: Filling air injection holes

There are a few ways to do this
one have it welded shut with a tig. unless you have a tig prob cost ya some.

use set screws in there, good idea but might be a pain getting the right size set screw.

or the easy cheap way works well i have done this to many of these dumb injection holes.

any way its real easy

stuff need i used
jb weld
drill with brass wheel cleaner
paper plate
half a clothes pin

step one aquire mani with air injection holes
dirty nasty slut

step 2 clean it with the drill and brass wire wheel
need my shades now lol

step 3 get your fine china and half a clothes pin and mix up some jb weld

step 4 find the holes
see the red circles these are the famous injection holes and notice the shell in the center this will need capped off also. it just a shell with jb weld in it
here are the holes filled i just used my finger and filled the holes with the jb weld then used my finger to wip it clean
let set to dry also i let mine set 24hrs

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sleepingciv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2010, 05:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 xsenceo89x is fly like an eaglexsenceo89x is fly like an eaglexsenceo89x is fly like an eaglexsenceo89x is fly like an eaglexsenceo89x is fly like an eaglexsenceo89x is fly like an eaglexsenceo89x is fly like an eaglexsenceo89x is fly like an eaglexsenceo89x is fly like an eaglexsenceo89x is fly like an eaglexsenceo89x is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Id use tape so the jb weld doesnt run.

i R Newb... Why fill the holes?
Old 06-09-2010, 05:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 42 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Send a message via AIM to sleepingciv Send a message via MSN to sleepingciv Send a message via Yahoo to sleepingciv

jb wont run.

if ya dont fill these holes and use a head with out these ports it makes a nasty air leak

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-09-2010, 06:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 96HXcrap is fly like an eagle96HXcrap is fly like an eagle96HXcrap is fly like an eagle96HXcrap is fly like an eagle96HXcrap is fly like an eagle96HXcrap is fly like an eagle96HXcrap is fly like an eagle96HXcrap is fly like an eagle96HXcrap is fly like an eagle96HXcrap is fly like an eagle96HXcrap is fly like an eagle96HXcrap is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

looks good man! nice write up.
96HXcrap is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2010, 07:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
Formerly 95RedVXCivic

Rep Power: 11 Sarge is almost a somebodySarge is almost a somebodySarge is almost a somebodySarge is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to Sarge

i have a question, what do the holes actually do anyways?

Need and ecu converted/chipped/socketed? PM me.

Speed cost, how fast can you afford to go?

"While it is legal for the police to lie, they may not unreasonably pressure a suspect to commit a crime."

My for sale thread!
Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2010, 07:59 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 jollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 23 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95RedVXCivic View Post
x2 dont see the point in them in the first place

MR 95 ex coupe- CAF!-R.I.P. put into a wall by work..

MR 94 ex coupe- from the effing canigits eh?

Quote:
I'd fuck that like she was the economy and I was obama!
Quote:
Grab her by the throat and fuck that bitch silly. If she tries to fight just whisper in her ear "don't turn this rape into a murder"
jollyroger494 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2010, 08:14 AM   #7 (permalink)
Resident Crab

Rep Power: 50 krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews
Send a message via AIM to krychek57 Send a message via MSN to krychek57 Send a message via Yahoo to krychek57

Quote:
Fuel Atomization

krychek57 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2010, 09:21 AM   #8 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krychek57 View Post
Fuel Atomization
that and to piss pepole off lol

Old 06-10-2010, 09:36 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 EJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to allEJ6Civic27 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EJ6Civic27

Will any of the D-Series intake manifold gaskets cover those holes? Instead of filling them with JB Weld?

a6 Cam/z6 intake manifold/full header back exhaust
Spider RPM tune/3500rpm launch/7200 fuel cut/NGK AFX Wideband

EJ6Civic27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2010, 09:42 AM   #10 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

nope unless u use a proper yr y8 head lol

Old 06-10-2010, 10:46 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series soldier

bumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the skybumpstick is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 31 reviews

Quote:
From the FSM:
"When the engine running [engine coolant below 149 F (65 C)], the fuel Injection Air (FIA) Control Valve sends intake air to the fuel injectors."
Old 09-05-2011, 08:54 AM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 kevin_hayes656 is learning the way of the Dkevin_hayes656 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

thinking of plugging the holes up but i feel like the car won't idle properly if its cold out because of the last post does anyone have any experience of this situation working in cold air conditions swell .. i feel like i should put gasket maker around the head itself to fake the original y8 head

please get back to me on that one I'm trying to get the damn thing running in two days !
kevin_hayes656 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2011, 06:51 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

It doesn't matter because only the 99-00 D16Y8 is programmed with the air injection in mind. Every other engine will only idle correctly in cold conditions with the ports blocked off.
tabKola is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2011, 07:31 PM   #14 (permalink)
VEM
n00b

nice
Old 09-07-2011, 08:18 AM   #15 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 kevin_hayes656 is learning the way of the Dkevin_hayes656 is learning the way of the D

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabKola View Post
It doesn't matter because only the 99-00 D16Y8 is programmed with the air injection in mind. Every other engine will only idle correctly in cold conditions with the ports blocked off.

Rep .. thanks for the reassurance manw
kevin_hayes656 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2011, 04:45 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 E-J-8 is learning the way of the DE-J-8 is learning the way of the D

i just used liquid gasket when I did the swap onto my B7, which has held up since J&B Weld does seem to be more sturdy though
E-J-8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2011, 01:59 AM   #17 (permalink)
Cxm
D-series soldier

Cxm It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to Cxm Send a message via AIM to Cxm Send a message via MSN to Cxm Send a message via Yahoo to Cxm

you can also try quiksteel. I usually have some of this stuff laying around and its worked great for stuff like this. I have jb too, but for something like this it may be easier to work with the more playdough consistency of quiksteel
Cxm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2011, 06:50 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 Turbs-McGee is almost a somebodyTurbs-McGee is almost a somebodyTurbs-McGee is almost a somebodyTurbs-McGee is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

I've used quiksteel on exhaust stuff before as well as plugging my supercharger silencer holes. Never held up too well on exhaust and I'm not sure about the blower. Haven't pulled it since. Probably would work alright in this application... I agree it might be easier to work with due to its consistency.

Thanks for the writeup! Did this last night on my mani..!
Old 09-30-2011, 03:14 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

I wish this would've been up sooner. I planned on using jb weld but I spent $40 and got them tapped. I wasnt sure if it was going to hold up SMH
all the way, No name CAI, Hondata s200
Numbers coming soon... NEVER GOT AROUND TO TUNE R.I.P. (don't drink and drive)
UCNTCME is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in