Diy radio blockoff plate - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2010, 01:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 K5trailrunner will become famous soon enoughK5trailrunner will become famous soon enoughK5trailrunner will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Default Diy radio blockoff plate

ok so i just relocated my radio
https://www.d-series.org/forums/diy-f...elocation.html
and i didn't want that hole in the dash where the radio was and i didn't want to go and order a blockoff plate.
when i moved the radio it didn't require the mounting bracket i needed to install a aftermarket radio in the stock place.

so parts and equipment needed;
- old radio mount kit
-1 sheet of project board, ( hobby lobby should have it ) i had it laying around
- Sharpie
- Hot glue gun
- Razor knife
- Hack saw (to cut the project board)(Not pictured)
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0587.JPG
Views:	1091
Size:	687.2 KB
ID:	24430
Project board P/N

Name:	100_0589.JPG
Views:	411
Size:	573.2 KB
ID:	24431
First i turned the mount kit upside down and traced the inside of the mount kit on the front (Back would of been better) of the project board

Name:	100_0591.JPG
Views:	563
Size:	833.7 KB
ID:	24432

Name:	100_0592.JPG
Views:	538
Size:	757.3 KB
ID:	24433
I used the hacksaw to cut out just outside of the traceing marks, and a razor knife to trim down the peice

Name:	100_0593.JPG
Views:	912
Size:	815.7 KB
ID:	24434
K5trailrunner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2010, 02:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 K5trailrunner will become famous soon enoughK5trailrunner will become famous soon enoughK5trailrunner will become famous soon enough

Use the hot glue gun to glue the project board in the mount kit

Name:	100_0594.JPG
Views:	362
Size:	817.7 KB
ID:	24435

Name:	100_0595.JPG
Views:	453
Size:	816.4 KB
ID:	24436

Name:	100_0598.JPG
Views:	620
Size:	671.1 KB
ID:	24437
and this mount kit just slides in to the dash

Name:	100_0599.JPG
Views:	1500
Size:	668.5 KB
ID:	24438
it is a perfect place to mount gauges, switches, or lights. whatever you want to mount in it, and there's a lot of room behind the plate

**UPdate
i've decided i should take some black rtv or paintable sylicone and fill in the cracks on the inside of the mount kit, you can see the sides of the project board around the sides of mount kit,
Old 05-22-2010, 07:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
formerly allnaturalrex

Rep Power: 22 greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!
greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to greasemonkey89

cool man came out good

"Aircooled Enthusiast/ D-Series Fanatic"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #2
greasemonkey89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2010, 07:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 scketch is fly like an eaglescketch is fly like an eaglescketch is fly like an eaglescketch is fly like an eaglescketch is fly like an eaglescketch is fly like an eaglescketch is fly like an eaglescketch is fly like an eaglescketch is fly like an eaglescketch is fly like an eaglescketch is fly like an eaglescketch is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Good job

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Who drives your life?

DOHC ZC POWERED 86 HATCH down but not out
Remember kids; professionals built the Titanic but amateurs built the ark
scketch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2010, 07:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasemonkey89 View Post
cool man came out good
werd

Quote:
you will get stuck in the "willfully ignorant" category and I will do what I can to see that you never get an answer to any question you ever ask on this forum again.

BiggieBert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2010, 08:25 PM   #6 (permalink)

Rep Power: 10 JCARTER is learning the way of the DJCARTER is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Niiiice....but i like having my radio lol ill go with a gauge pillar.

Quote:
If its so simple why have'nt you figured it out then?
Comprehend that for a second n00bles!
JCARTER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2010, 10:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 Mayfieldfour is starting to learn the ropesMayfieldfour is starting to learn the ropesMayfieldfour is starting to learn the ropesMayfieldfour is starting to learn the ropesMayfieldfour is starting to learn the ropesMayfieldfour is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCARTER View Post
He kept his radio as well... check out the last picture. He went with a 96-98 cup holder/console. I persoanlly hated that anytime I had a cup in the holder, I couldn't access the cubby. And in this case, I wouldn't be able to see my radio/use my remote. I never really understood why the cup holders had to have a lid. I swapped mine for a 99-00 cup holder with the open cubby.

If you want a 96-98 with the lid and place4 to mount your radio lower, PM me... I've got one I can sell.

AS for the DIY job, it looks nice and clean.... good work. But is that project board plastic or like a really thick poster board? Why not just buy a piece of carbon fiber and add some flare?
Mayfieldfour is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2010, 07:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCARTER View Post
ya i do still do have my radio, this diy was done after my first one, radio relocation, i just didn't like having that big hole where the radio was at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayfieldfour View Post
AS for the DIY job, it looks nice and clean.... good work. But is that project board plastic or like a really thick poster board? Why not just buy a piece of carbon fiber and add some flare?
thanks, ya that project board is 1/8" plastic. i would of used carbon fiber but i didn't go out and buy the project board. i had it laying around. i suppose i could of quickly laid a flat carbon fiber sheat but i didn't have any resin hardner left. and i didn't want to go out and get some lol.

but thank you for all your comments, i'll be sending rep to all that appriciated the diy
Old 07-01-2010, 07:50 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 11 4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle4D2Envy is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to 4D2Envy

Cool write up man hmmm Hobby Lobby I think I will make a trip there today.
4D2Envy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2010, 08:13 AM   #10 (permalink)
1.8 nawz powa

Rep Power: 38 Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 58 reviews

not too bad, i had the same idea but with dry cf
Old 07-01-2010, 08:23 AM   #11 (permalink)
I can't read...

Rep Power: 41 myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !myHonda1 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 48 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher View Post
not too bad, i had the same idea but with dry cf
now that would look tight
i love to rape kids...*silence*

let me touch you.
myHonda1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in