DIY Fuel rail inlet swap - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2010, 07:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 swich is starting to learn the ropesswich is starting to learn the ropesswich is starting to learn the ropesswich is starting to learn the ropesswich is starting to learn the ropesswich is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default DIY Fuel rail inlet swap

hey guys not sure if any one has done this but i couldn't find any thing so i thought i might help some guys out...

ok so you you looking at doing a engin bay tuck. and you want to move the fuel line from the left to the right. (you can go out and by an after market fuel rail - but here in SA the cheapest is R1500 plus, im not paying that)

first remove the inlet from the rail(just unscrew it). you can use a screw driver or some thing else strong that will fit. i used a puntch as you can see below

next is to remove the stopper on the other end.

I took a long rod about 10cm long then the fuel rail, and just gave it a tap with a 5pound hammer lol. it popped right out...

now sadly i dont have pic's of the next steps.

once the stopper is out drill the hole out to a 10.5mm diameter and and 5 -10mm deeper.

then tap it with a M12x1.25 tap. re-fit the inlet tighten it down. then just block off the other end with a bolt of the correct depth and thread.

then you done.

i have just finnished mine i still need to clean it and test that is does not leak.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
swich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2010, 07:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

glenniz It's a JDM Star Bitches....glenniz It's a JDM Star Bitches....glenniz It's a JDM Star Bitches....glenniz It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Way to go swich, excellent write up!!
glenniz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2010, 07:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

crxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 24 reviews

Does it affect anything now that the pressure regulator/return line will be on the same side as the feed? Or do you do something to switch that also?
from here on out all will be healed due to the honda holy water (jb weld)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
302hp/262TQ

crxlifer21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2010, 07:27 AM   #4 (permalink)

BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

Nice, simple to..

Quote:
you will get stuck in the "willfully ignorant" category and I will do what I can to see that you never get an answer to any question you ever ask on this forum again.

BiggieBert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2010, 07:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 swich is starting to learn the ropesswich is starting to learn the ropesswich is starting to learn the ropesswich is starting to learn the ropesswich is starting to learn the ropesswich is starting to learn the ropes

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxlifer21 View Post
Does it affect anything now that the pressure regulator/return line will be on the same side as the feed? Or do you do something to switch that also?
well i was studying an AEM one the other day and there is nothing on there. but if you think about it the FPR will only allow a certain amount of pressure in the rail. so it should matter where the FPR is.

Old 04-10-2010, 07:37 AM   #6 (permalink)

crxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussiecrxlifer21 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 24 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by swich View Post
well i was studying an AEM one the other day and there is nothing on there. but if you think about it the FPR will only allow a certain amount of pressure in the rail. so it should matter where the FPR is.
Ok man good write up Rep given!
from here on out all will be healed due to the honda holy water (jb weld)

302hp/262TQ

crxlifer21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2010, 07:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

thanks man

but this has just got me thinking.... what is the flow rate of the stock rail. as in what power can the stock rail support upto? coz at some point that will be the weak link. where putting bigger injectors or fuel pump wont help. at so point you will need a high flow rail.

Old 04-10-2010, 08:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
Formally D_Tuned

Rep Power: 19 Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!
Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 13 reviews

99% of honda owners will never out perform the stock fuel rail.
Old 04-10-2010, 08:52 AM   #9 (permalink)

Rep Power: 18 Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!
Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!
Send a message via AIM to Egwhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tw34k View Post
99% of honda owners will never out perform the stock fuel rail.
Yea but the stock ones are sooo ugly

Hello noob meet.....Google
Egwhite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2010, 09:45 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 Mayfieldfour is starting to learn the ropesMayfieldfour is starting to learn the ropesMayfieldfour is starting to learn the ropesMayfieldfour is starting to learn the ropesMayfieldfour is starting to learn the ropesMayfieldfour is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

Very nice write up.... simple, well written, informative. Rep for you!
Mayfieldfour is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2010, 09:45 AM   #11 (permalink)

spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

just polish it!^------

nice diy! rep given
spelts-face is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2010, 11:14 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dippincrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxlifer21 View Post
stock y8 rails have the fpr and inlet on the same side

maybe ill drill out my z6 to fit my y8 mani and ditch this aem y8 rail i have
themadhatter

dippincrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2010, 11:54 AM   #13 (permalink)

Rep Power: 11 NightCat is obviously a regularNightCat is obviously a regularNightCat is obviously a regularNightCat is obviously a regularNightCat is obviously a regularNightCat is obviously a regularNightCat is obviously a regularNightCat is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Great DIY!

my question is....couldnt you, once both ends are out...bore out the inside of the rail to allow more flow??
NightCat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2010, 01:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
Formally D_Tuned

Rep Power: 19 Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!
Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightCat View Post
Great DIY!

my question is....couldnt you, once both ends are out...bore out the inside of the rail to allow more flow??
I dont see the need.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:05 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightCat View Post
Great DIY!

problem is finding a drill bit long enough to do that???

thatnks for all the rep guys

@Tw34k: even when boosting?

Old 04-10-2010, 02:12 PM   #16 (permalink)
Formally D_Tuned

yes even with boost.

worry about a better fuel rail when your making 600+ bhp
Old 04-10-2010, 02:17 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series soldier

yeah i wont be getting there any time soon. cool thanks was just a thought i was pondering

Old 04-10-2010, 02:19 PM   #18 (permalink)
Formally D_Tuned

great diy btw, repped!
Old 04-10-2010, 02:36 PM   #19 (permalink)

Rep Power: 11 NightCat is obviously a regularNightCat is obviously a regularNightCat is obviously a regularNightCat is obviously a regularNightCat is obviously a regularNightCat is obviously a regularNightCat is obviously a regularNightCat is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Eh...well it was just an idea...figured a machine shop would have a bit that could do it.

or...why not hit it from both sides...bit only has to be half as long instead of the entire length
NightCat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2010, 06:58 PM   #20 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 42 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 143 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sleepingciv Send a message via MSN to sleepingciv Send a message via Yahoo to sleepingciv

good shit man

sleepingciv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in