DIY S2000 Cluster in EG/EH/Bezel - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org D-series Knowledge Factory DIY Forum

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2010, 06:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 10SecRex is obviously a regular10SecRex is obviously a regular10SecRex is obviously a regular10SecRex is obviously a regular10SecRex is obviously a regular10SecRex is obviously a regular10SecRex is obviously a regular10SecRex is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Default DIY S2000 Cluster in EG/EH/Bezel

Since I now have a EH, and a few people has been asking about the EG/EH s2000 cluster swap, here is a quick DIY.

This is for a AP1 S200 Cluster. On this s2k cluster i didn't get the pigtails with it so i made my own this time. You can do it any way you like but i chose to do mine this way to get rid of the three plugs. I made it all into one.

You can get the following pats that i used at Radio Shack.

22 gauge Wire
Pin Connectors (I couldn't find these at RS but my dad is an Computer Tech so he gave me the Connectors)
Male/Female 25-Pin D-Sub Connector
22/18/16 gauge shrink tubing
Soldering tools

There are three sizes pin connectors. I don't know the official name for them so i call them Small, Medium, and Large.

First i soldered some material onto all of the d-sub connectors. I then cut about 6" of 22g wire and stripped the tip of each wire. Now reheat the solder that's on the d-sub, once the solder starts to melt push the wire into the connector. Finish all of them and slide the shrink tubing on all the wires to ensure none are touching.

Repeat the all the steps for the male/female side which ever one you have left to do. It should look something like this when finished.

SInce you made your own harness just make sure you label the wire and follow this wiring Diagram:

This is the pinout for the AP1 Cluster:

Connector A ----------------------------------------------- EG harness

EG EG EG EG EG EG EG EG EG EG EG EG EG EG EG EG EG EG EG EG EG EG EG EG EG EG EG EG EG EG

AP1 Harness ------------------------------------------------EG/EH Harness
1 BLU/RED (Seat belt reminder) --------------------------- BLU/WHT (B10 Seatbelt Light)

4 PNK (SRS) CONNECT TO +12V power (A10 IGNTION POWER) TO TURN OFF LIGHT (or correct wire if you have it)

6 YEL (Fuse 5) ------ONLY IN CANADA-ONLY IN CANADA-------- BLK/YEL (A10 IGNITION Power)

7 GRN/RED (Left turn signal (+)) ------------------------- GRN/BLU (A4 Left Turn) WORKS

8 GRN/YEL (Right turn signal (+))------------------------- GRN/BLU (A3 RightTurn) WORKS

9 RED/WHT (High beam (+)) -------------------------------- RED/GRN (B1 Highbeam) WORKS

If positive trigger high beam Connect A10 to ground, A9 to switch. If trigger to ground, Connect A9 to Power and A10 to switch. Probably situation 1.

10 RED/BLU (High beam (-)) ------------------------------- BLK (B6 Ground)

11 BLU/BLK (Trunk indicator) ----------------------------- GRN (B9 Trunk Open) WORKS

Connector B

2 RED/YEL (Fuse 45) -------------------------------------- BLK/YEL (A10 Power)

OK, B2 doesn't seem to do ANYTHING. I guess hook it up, I'll look for more details tomorrow.

B3 is the switch between bright and dim. I would connect it to (red/black A11 Gauge Lights)

3 RED/BLK (Circuit 11 – dash and console lights (+)) ----- +12 dims the cluster, so A11 or A12, someone test and I'll edit this.

4 YEL (Fuse 5) ------------------------------------------- BLK/YEL (A10 IGNITION Power)

5 WHT/RED (Fuse 25) -------------------------------------- BLK/YEL (A10 IGNITION Power)

6 GRN (Door Pin Input ground signal) ------------------ Door Pin Switch I can't Find

8 BLK (Ground) ------------------------------------------- BLK (B6 Ground)

9 BLK (Ground) ------------------------------------------- BLK (B6 Ground)

10 RED (Circuit 12 – dash and console lights (-)) -------- BLK (B6 Ground)

Connector C

1 Wht/Blk VSS OUTPUT ------------------------------- Use to connect to regular speedo if ya want. Step down from high pulse rate to regular pulse rate.

3 BLU/WHT (Vehicle speed signal input (-)) --------------- Connect to VSS Converter

5 BLU (RPM signal input) --------------------------------- BLU (A8 Tachometer) Should Work

7 YEL/GRN (Coolant temp input) --------------------------- Connect to ECT Converter

8 YEL/BLK (Fuel gauge signal input) ---------------------- YEL/WHT (A1 Fuel Gauge) Should Work

15 BLU/YEL (Cruise control indicator (-)) ---------------- Cruise Control I can't find, Probably Red with a Blu stripe.. Maybe B3 Probably dont have cruise control WORKS

Connector D

8 BLU/RED (ABS indicator input) Connect to GROUND to turn off light or correct wire if you have it.

9 GRN/WHT (E-brake indicator) ---------------------------- GRN/RED (B2 Brake Light) WORKS

11 WHT/BLU (Charging system indicator (-)) --------------- WHT/BLU (A5 Charging Light) WORKS
(both batt and brake lights come on.)

12 BLK/YEL (Fuse 6) -------------------------------------- BLK/YEL (A10 IGNITION Power)

13 YEL/RED (Engine oil pressure switch input (-)) -------- YEL/RED (A6 Oil Pressure) WORKS

14 GRN/ORN (Malfunction indicator light (-)) ------------- GRN/ORG (B5 MIL Lamp) WORKS

16 WHT/RED (Fuse 25) ------------------------------------- BLK/YEL (A10 IGNITION Power)

Mind you you have to have some understanding of wires and common sense. This is not a total walk through but it does give you an idea of what to expect.

I am not totally finish cause it's still cold out but the bezel will be cut out and bolted in and all wired up. Look out for an update.

PS, Look out for my DIY Wire tuck. I might be using the same D-Sub connectors if it's not too difficult.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 10SecRex; 02-15-2010 at 06:26 PM.
10SecRex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2010, 06:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

can't wait to see this finished. Nice write up btw.

Quote:
you will get stuck in the "willfully ignorant" category and I will do what I can to see that you never get an answer to any question you ever ask on this forum again.

BiggieBert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2010, 06:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 10SecRex is obviously a regular10SecRex is obviously a regular10SecRex is obviously a regular10SecRex is obviously a regular10SecRex is obviously a regular10SecRex is obviously a regular10SecRex is obviously a regular10SecRex is obviously a regular

Solder the Pin connectors onto the wire. I divided the D-Sub into four separate groups, each group for each plug (a/b/c/d), so that i wouldn't get confused.

Before i plugged the pins in i shrink wrapped them first then plugged it into the cluster to make sure they're not touching each other.
Follow the above diagram and plug everything in. You will have to double/triple up some wires so you will have enough for the rest.

Once that is done it should look like this.

When it gets a bit warmer here I can finish the install and make the bezel.

Last edited by 10SecRex; 02-16-2010 at 05:07 PM.

Old 02-15-2010, 06:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

save....for updates....

Old 02-15-2010, 06:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

AllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top AussieAllMotorDPower is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AllMotorDPower

nice man i wanna see how this turns out if it works well i might do it
AllMotorDPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2010, 06:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Will Do Handstands For Pussy!!!

Rep Power: 22 JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!
JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JDMek

i was gonna do this but didnt wanna deal with the hassle

JDMek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2010, 06:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

^^It's pretty damn easy if you have steady hands and work well with wires. I guess i've gotten used to it. I can do both male and female harness in about 20 minutes.

Old 02-15-2010, 10:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

me thinks it would have been easier if it wasnt a sea of yellow wires lol
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2010, 10:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 scketch is fly like an eaglescketch is fly like an eaglescketch is fly like an eaglescketch is fly like an eaglescketch is fly like an eaglescketch is fly like an eaglescketch is fly like an eaglescketch is fly like an eaglescketch is fly like an eaglescketch is fly like an eaglescketch is fly like an eaglescketch is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Nice write us man, awesome interior upgrade. I can't wait to see it finished!
scketch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2010, 10:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

omfg, its so awesome this is definitly going to be my goal!
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2011, 05:22 PM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

help.....
did this conversion and everything works! then went for the ride with my gps to do my final cal. on the speedo healer stopped got gas,reset trip a and trip b, pulled out and speedo was on 0. stopped checked wiring and my big feet pulled power wire out of fuse panel. got back in car started it..drove home. figured out my settings. programmed and now the odometer wont work. WOULD ME DRIVING THIS FOR 6-9 MILES WITHOUT THE SPEEDOMETER WORKING DO THIS? anyway for me to reset this? wen i turn keey on i see 000000 then just goes dark on odometer.
bustah49 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2011, 05:44 PM   #12 (permalink)

Rep Power: 18 Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!
Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!
Send a message via AIM to Egwhite

I just wanna see pics of it installed & this so called wire tuck with connectors =)

Hello noob meet.....Google
Egwhite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2011, 11:34 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 Vtec_D15B will become famous soon enoughVtec_D15B will become famous soon enoughVtec_D15B will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

oh yes. more picture PLZ

263.3Whp @ 15PSI
Vtec_D15B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2012, 01:32 AM   #14 (permalink)
n00b

More pictures from the intall, and the Speedohaler instal and Thermo converter install when its possible.
Or someone has an ideo to do this whit lower cost, then please write it.
weresgyufa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2012, 01:50 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 Matchi is learning the way of the DMatchi is learning the way of the D
Send a message via Skype™ to Matchi

looks awesome! but is the rpm meter fast enough in changing numbers?
Matchi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2012, 06:13 AM   #16 (permalink)

Very cool! Love the attention to detail.
Honest Bob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2012, 06:38 AM   #17 (permalink)

BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

Where the fuck are the updates?????? Such a tease...

Quote:
you will get stuck in the "willfully ignorant" category and I will do what I can to see that you never get an answer to any question you ever ask on this forum again.

BiggieBert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2012, 06:52 AM   #18 (permalink)
凸(◕_◕)凸

Rep Power: 17 kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!
kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

n4updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerD
Magic Johnson fucked bitches for years and thought he was a champ....
kingyeddi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2012, 08:30 AM   #19 (permalink)
n00b

You still need speed-o healer with these don't you?
Tmfw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2012, 11:54 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series lover

Great DIY.

I know there is a company who is now offering a complete P&P version as well, but this is definitely the more economic route .
prancer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.d-series.org/forums/diy-forum/125792-diy-s2000-cluster-eg-eh-bezel.html
Posted By For Type Date
[VENDU]Compteur S2000 AP1 This thread Refback 01-18-2013 12:35 AM